2nds 2018 Stand Alone VFL - Inaugural season over. Time for reviews.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
OOB
The 2017 VFL season has officially finished and we are on the cusp of the free agency/trade period and the draft to follow shortly.

To date we have delisted 1 listed player and 2 Rookies. Outside of players on the AFL list I am very interested in how the club puts together the VFL list. Do we have separate list management team for the VFL? What types of players will we be looking at to compliment the fringe and developing players we have on our list, and will bring in over the next few months?

Will the club provide a running commentary on VFL signings? I hope so.

giantroo I am interested from a media perspective on how you think the club will handle this over the off season. Personally I see this as a fantastic opportunity to provide content over the summer that fans can actually get excited about.

Our VFL football manager is Andrew Carson, who was previously on our recruiting team. He has the job of picking the players for our VFL team. I can't remember the exact amount, but it's roughly 15 players that we're allowed to have signed to play exclusively in the VFL.

We've also been in talks with AFL TAS to have our VFL team become the main pathway for elite Tasmanian juniors. If so, then we'd probably get around 3-5 eltie tassie juniors in every year to help top up our VFL list. Talks on this have gone a bit quiet however, so I'm not sure if it's still on.

The 2017 VFL season has officially finished and we are on the cusp of the free agency/trade period and the draft to follow shortly.

To date we have delisted 1 listed player and 2 Rookies. Outside of players on the AFL list I am very interested in how the club puts together the VFL list. Do we have separate list management team for the VFL? What types of players will we be looking at to compliment the fringe and developing players we have on our list, and will bring in over the next few months?

Will the club provide a running commentary on VFL signings? I hope so.

giantroo I am interested from a media perspective on how you think the club will handle this over the off season. Personally I see this as a fantastic opportunity to provide content over the summer that fans can actually get excited about.
I think there will be a massive advertising campaign. It will be our chance to sell our future. OUR TEAM/ OUR FUTURE. VFL/AFL/AFLW

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there will be a massive advertising campaign. It will be our chance to sell our future. OUR TEAM/ OUR FUTURE. VFL/AFL/AFLW

Exactly, our marketing is good to very good so I expect them to hit this out of the ballpark.

Also, from a playing perspective, looking forward to seeing players played in NM positions. Maj up forward v ruck is just one example.

Exactly, our marketing is good to very good so I expect them to hit this out of the ballpark.

Also, from a playing perspective, looking forward to seeing players played in NM positions. Maj up forward v ruck is just one example.

Maj looms as the face of our VFL team - rightly or wrongly

The off season is all about hope, and given we are likely to have a lean your in the seniors the hope for me this summer will be building a winning culture from the ground up. And player development. You only have to look at Geelong, Box Hill, Footscray and Richmond to see how success in the VFL can carry through the whole club.

I would like to see articles and interviews for each player we sign, similar to all the new recruits and traded players.

I look forward to your round 3 report listing which first year players will never make it ;)

I look forward to you remembering anyone that played for us this year.

I get a bit emotional realising I'll get to watch North play for points at Arden St. Walking in the footsteps of your parents and all that stuff...

I'm getting a bit emotional coming to the realisation that I could be as old as your parents FFS! :eek:

All I know is I am veyr excited about it and makes me even more interested to watch the 2nds.

When I'm back in Oz, I will seriously consider living in or around North Melbourne, just for the short ride down to Arden St for the VFL.

Great move by the club. Not only for the on-field benefits, but for the community/fan engagement :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back