Review 2018 Summer series 1- Wayne, Wayne or Wayne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
When Bert had his Morning Show on TEN at about this time of the year he would run his Summer Series...highlights...reviews...etc.

Whilst Star Wars and 3/4 pants are interesting topics of discussion there is only limited words one can add.

So in the first of my Summer Series, please consider who was your favourite of the three Waynes'-

Schwass
Carey
Schimmelbusch

Why?

Carey - he is the King.

But honestly it would like lining up three supermodels and you had to pick one, no one is a loser

A successful thread.

Lock it now and I will start Summer Series 2.

Rip snorting idea this.

Schwass - mullett, left footed, #2, wrestlers arm guard, could bang a barrel
Schimma - captain courageous, tireless worker,
Carey - has the other 2 covered for on field quality and equally tough, just you know

Carey - King on the field, king in the media. And waddled like a duck.

Love him to death.

Bit young to of seen much of Schimma.....but love Schwass also. But Carey on another level.

When Bert had his Morning Show on TEN at about this time of the year he would run his Summer Series...highlights...reviews...etc.

Whilst Star Wars and 3/4 pants are interesting topics of discussion there is only limited words one can add.

So in the first of my Summer Series, please consider who was your favourite of the three Waynes'-

Schwass
Carey
Schimmelbusch

Why?
Why is it that whenever you start a thread topic you don't give your own view on the stated topic?

Why is it that whenever you start a thread topic you don't give your own view on the stated topic?

Why should my opinion prejudice what others think?

I am interested in posters opinions

I know my own, but i am curious as to what others think... thats why i start them.

My Second Summer Series thread will be 'Melbourne or Adelaide?'

How about some alternative Waynes that have strolled the globe ..... Wayne Bennett, Wayne Gardiner, Wayne Rainey, Wayne Gretsky, Wayne Henwood, the Wayne in Spain that falls mainly on the plain, Wayne Wayne go away, John Wayne, kenny Wayne Shepherd, Wayne Phillips, Wayne Rooney, Wayne Johnston .....

How about some alternative Waynes that have strolled the globe ..... Wayne Bennett, Wayne Gardiner, Wayne Rainey, Wayne Gretsky, Wayne Henwood, the Wayne in Spain that falls mainly on the plain, Wayne Wayne go away, John Wayne, kenny Wayne Shepherd, Wayne Phillips, Wayne Rooney, Wayne Johnston .....

...not forgetting Wayne Kerr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

soooo, with apologies to the wonderful service to NMFC by Phils' Dunstone, Ryan, Doherty and Carman, my top 3 Phils in order of reverence would be

1. Phil Krakouer - slightly more unsung than his brother, just as tough, wonderfully left footed
2. Phil Kelly - an early fave of mine, equally wonderfully left footed and has the potential reverence of spawning a possible NMFC superstar
3. Phil Baker - sat on a few blokes heads, took better marks than stupid peter knights and changed every football clubs game plan for the rest of time, we now have "bomb it long to Snake in the goalsquare"

Phil Baker - sat on a few blokes heads, took better marks than stupid peter knights and changed every football clubs game plan for the rest of time, we now have "bomb it long to Snake in the goalsquare"

My understanding from reading on here.

Got traded to Geelong and still attended North games when he could. Then got traded back.

Pretty bloody committed to the club.

As a young child I was a most willing subject of the King's domain. Carey's dominance of the football field during my formative years is the reason I follow North (as well as the effect of the 96 flag in an impressionable 5 year old).

But I have so much respect for the human being that is Wayne Schwass. His candidness and honesty during and about a difficult period of his life is truly inspiring.

I love Carey the footballer, but I have to be honest, for the most part I find him a, at best, distasteful person whereas Schwass is the complete opposite. For that reason I would probably have to give Schwatta the edge overall.

Favourite? Loved watching Schimma own the wing at Arden St and Schwatta in full flight was a sight but No 18.....always walked a little taller just knowing he was out there.....gets my vote

Never saw Schimma play but along with Stevens and Archer seems the epitome of a Shinboner.

While Carey's outright standing is obvious Schwass was a very, very good player in his own right for the supporters who missed his career.

For all the fapping about Wells, I never felt he reached the upper limit of Schwass when he had all the tools to do so. Both had similar body types, athletic gifts and talent levels.

Never saw Schimma play but along with Stevens and Archer seems the epitome of a Shinboner.

While Carey's outright standing is obvious Schwass was a very, very good player in his own right for the supporters who missed his career.

For all the fapping about Wells, I never felt he reached the upper limit of Schwass when he had all the tools to do so. Both had similar body types, athletic gifts and talent levels.

Wells lacked the physical presence of Schwass....Schwatta collecting Peter Dean at the Final in 95 was the only highlight of a misretable -push n shove in the crowd- muddy- wet night. That bump would see 8 weeks today

For me it is Wayne Carey.

Walking to the games in the 90s and the brimming excitement of wondering what he would do was the best feeling that we haven't had in a player since.

If we were down at 3/4 time you knew he would do something magical and win us the game.

Loved the other two...but Carey was a once in three generations player at Nmfc.

Wells lacked the physical presence of Schwass....Schwatta collecting Peter Dean at the Final in 95 was the only highlight of a misretable -push n shove in the crowd- muddy- wet night. That bump would see 8 weeks today

Memories of that night:
-Schwass ironing out Dean
-Crocker ironing out Williams
-Some parents next to me consoling their crying kid as our ship sank in the last quarter. Hopefully he was at the finals a year later

Remove this Banner Ad

Back