B: 51. Kwaby Boakye 43. Max Spencer 46. Dean Katsiris
HB: 42. Connor Nutting 10. Kade Kolodjashnij 47. Cooper Portelli
C: 49. Brodie Foster 20. Michael Barlow 36. Joshua Schoenfeld
HF: 27. Wil Powel 52. Damien Burke 50. Timakoi Bowie
F: 53. Fitzroy Greenwool 57. Eddie Sansbury 40. Joshua Gore
FOLL: 59. Matt Conroy 45. Jacob Dawson 2. Jack Scrimshaw
INT: 55. Jarrod Mills 58. Harrison Arnold 56. Thomas Motlop 54. Tui Lowah
EMG: Kane Haua Jackson Brumley

I'm 90% sure most of those names are made up as well.

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 5.40.32 pm.png
Sorry, I have to disagree with you here. 8 AFL listed players, 3 of who have played AFL this year. Of the rest, there are 5 overaged regular NEAFL players, and 7 draft aged players (+2 on the Emergency bench) some of whom have played at NEAFL level, in addition to veterans Eddie Sansbury and Thomas Motlop. This is not the same as last week's horribly under matched contest against Brisbane, with 10 changes: 3 forced by injuries that occurred during last week's match, 3 players flying to China and the remaining 4 replaced due to form (Wingrave, Fraser, Verdoorn and Miles were bottom 5 while Brumley has been replaced in the ruck).

The forward line features 6 players who have all kicked 2 or more goals for the NEAFL or Academy this season. The backline is led by 3 AFL listed players, an Allies player and 2 of the most solid U18s in our Academy who are trying to do a Jacob Heron and pinch a Rookie List spot or else come back next year as top-agers. In the midfield is greenhorn ruckman from NQ, Matt Conroy, who is backed by 4 AFL standard mids as well as Brodie Foster, who has been the most outstanding Academy player in the NEAFL side all season.

They might not win, but this is where Suns2 turns a corner with a side of proper players. After June, once the top kids are done with the Nationals, the NEAFL results will start coming thick and fast like they did last season when they just about ran the table to the finals. See how the next game against Lions2 goes.

View attachment 499058
Sorry, I have to disagree with you here. 8 AFL listed players, 3 of who have played AFL this year. Of the rest, there are 5 overaged regular NEAFL players, and 7 draft aged players (+2 on the Emergency bench) some of whom have played at NEAFL level, in addition to veterans Eddie Sansbury and Thomas Motlop. This is not the same as last week's horribly under matched contest against Brisbane, with 10 changes: 3 forced by injuries that occurred during last week's match, 3 players flying to China and the remaining 4 replaced due to form (Wingrave, Fraser, Verdoorn and Miles were bottom 5 while Brumley has been replaced in the ruck).

The forward line features 6 players who have all kicked 2 or more goals for the NEAFL or Academy this season. The backline is led by 3 AFL listed players, an Allies player and 2 of the most solid U18s in our Academy who are trying to do a Jacob Heron and pinch a Rookie List spot or else come back next year as top-agers. In the midfield is greenhorn ruckman from NQ, Matt Conroy, who is backed by 4 AFL standard mids as well as Brodie Foster, who has been the most outstanding Academy player in the NEAFL side all season.

They might not win, but this is where Suns2 turns a corner with a side of proper players. After June, once the top kids are done with the Nationals, the NEAFL results will start coming thick and fast like they did last season when they just about ran the table to the finals. See how the next game against Lions2 goes.

Well I cant deny your glass half full attitude. Will look forward to seeing the stats postgame for an assessment.

View attachment 499058

So what's your prediction? Always tough to play in Darwin. I predict 50+, probably 80+. It should be fun to watch as it is streamed youtube.com/territorythunder. I watched Thunder vs Sharks. Sharks were unbelievable, all mature bodies, big ruckman Fraser, former Suns Davis, Boston, Tape all played great.

Well I cant deny your glass half full attitude. Will look forward to seeing the stats postgame for an assessment.
My reply was meant for Nobbys. This week's team is very different to last week, with 5 omissions based on form, and a veritable cavalry of top tier Academy players coming in. The in-coming players include Barlow and Nutting, which almost makes up for losing Wright, Brodie and Heron, but they also include some genuine contenders for AFL list spots in 2018 or 2019 alongside some of the most experienced topaged Academy players we have who only play NEAFL these days like Boakye, Burke and Arnold who have already made all the rep teams and are now playing out their final season hoping to impress enough to win a list spot somewhere or earn a QAFL contract.

So what's your prediction? Always tough to play in Darwin. I predict 50+, probably 80+. It should be fun to watch as it is streamed youtube.com/territorythunder. I watched Thunder vs Sharks. Sharks were unbelievable, all mature bodies, big ruckman Fraser, former Suns Davis, Boston, Tape all played great.
Yes, further reason why I think the Suns should be playing their reserves with the Sharks and Academy players through the QAFL. But in any case, it is good to see the Sharks going well and just as good that there was such a high scoring game.

NT have an average of 96 points a game, which is one of the best, but they let in almost 115 points which is the worst. The Suns2 average 53 for and 73 against, so you can infer that the Suns will be competitive with a better defence than most that NT has faced and an attack against the worst defence in the NEAFL. Suns need to kick more goals and NT need to tighten their defence, while the Suns need to overcome the losses of Jaska, Heron and Willis to keep their reasonably tight defensive record against NT's noted high scorers.

NT will win, but not in a blowout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns 27 Thunder 14. Boys playing great. Barlow, KK, Dawson best, Scrimshaw good, Sansbury unbelievable dribble goal.

Very good start by the boys I should say kids.
scrimshaw looking very good in the guts and KK playing very good wired to see him now without a helmet

KK not wearing his helmet is interesting given he's coming off from concussion. Maybe he's just decided to ditch it given it didn't help him. He looks too good for this level, with only some of his kicks coming unstuck.

All our listed players going well.

Scrimshaw in the middle is a really unique to watch. He's almost got that Jared Brennan-esque lope about him. Long strides but has pace. Big wingspan by the looks of things too. Him playing midfield tells you why he is so highly rated.

How Dawson isn't playing 1s I don't know. He's AFL level IMO. Sooner he gets games into him the better.

Can anyone work out who "Jack Bowes" is on the NEAFL App? No.50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back