2nds 2018 Suns Reserves and NEAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I've always felt Scrimshaw has the most potential of all the 2016 group
As says Steven May, but he isn't quite ready for AFL. Brodie Foster is the best non-AFL listed player in this side, potential Rookie list addition.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Powell with 3 goals
Barlow 12kicks 10handballs 1 goal
KK 14 disposals 7 marks

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As says Steven May, but he isn't quite ready for AFL. Brodie Foster is the best non-AFL listed player in this side, potential Rookie list addition.
When Scheer (very poor today), Crossley (does not have a tank yet), Ballard get games so can Scrimshaw.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
IMG_1051.PNG

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
When Scheer (very poor today), Crossley (does not have a tank yet), Ballard get games so can Scrimshaw.
Scheer has deserved his elevation to the AFL side, but won't keep his place with several players returning. Brodie unlucky again tonight but might again need to wait as Barlow is back in calculations. Crossley will make way for 2MP, Ballard for Lynch, while I find it hard to think Ah Chee stays on today's game. Scrimshaw's best bet would be for Bowes to get dropped as he's been regressing virtually since round 1. Nutting has had a key defensive matchup tonight and been beaten, although his opponent is NT's main goalkicker, Kolodjashnij has shown some form but he needs more time to get back to senior footy.

Lemmens needs to come back through the NEAFL. Heron should get another shot, but might have to make way for experience. Dawson is banging the door down, yet he may need to wait a few more weeks.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Kolo probably comes in next round. 14 marks is a fair effort for any game.

Barlow with 40 should really have a look at it, but Dew has been determined to give him a chance unless necessary.

Dawson could step up into an AFL role if required.

Powell and Scrimshaw may get a look in before the seasons out.

Schoenfeld does worry me.

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Kolo probably comes in next round. 14 marks is a fair effort for any game.

Barlow with 40 should really have a look at it, but Dew has been determined to give him a chance unless necessary.

Dawson could step up into an AFL role if required.

Powell and Scrimshaw may get a look in before the seasons out.

Schoenfeld does worry me.
Not so sure about Kolodjashnij. At times he looked like a man among boys, but at others the boys caught up to him. In a long list of players competing for spots compared to this week, he misses out. He didn't show up last week, remember?

Mar 19, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well done to reserves who gave a good account with a depleted side.
Barlow was standout with BOG performance along with KK both could come into senior team if required.
Dawson and Scrimshaw could be given games later in year to access where there at.
Scrimshaw is the interesting one ,lots of good attributes just needs to find more of the ball.
To me he could become a star or be a 2nd Trent Mackenzie (lets hope the former)
Powell and Foster both show promise but a couple of years away from senior football.
Months time should be a much stronger team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rocketman1984

Cancelled
Jul 9, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well done to reserves who gave a good account with a depleted side.
Barlow was standout with BOG performance along with KK both could come into senior team if required.
Dawson and Scrimshaw could be given games later in year to access where there at.
Scrimshaw is the interesting one ,lots of good attributes just needs to find more of the ball.
To me he could become a star or be a 2nd Trent Mackenzie (lets hope the former)
Powell and Foster both show promise but a couple of years away from senior football.
Months time should be a much stronger team.

Watching on stream, thought Powell looked great, Foster deserves a shot somewhere and some of the young small academy forwards showed signs

SunsBhoy

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Watching on stream, thought Powell looked great, Foster deserves a shot somewhere and some of the young small academy forwards showed signs

As a club they had high hopes for Foster as a junior and for whatever reason he tapered off and was over taken by other players , it’s good to see him playing well and a chance for a rookie spot again.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not so sure about Kolodjashnij. At times he looked like a man among boys, but at others the boys caught up to him. In a long list of players competing for spots compared to this week, he misses out. He didn't show up last week, remember?

I reckon he needs a few games in the neafl to find some consistency.. he always seems to come straight back into the main team soon as he comes back from concussion or injury! He hasn’t been the same player since he was carted off on the stretcher at the mcg a couple of years ago against Richmond

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Kolo thinks he has more time than he does.Needs urgency in his attitude
Hear what you are saying. Watched him earlier in the year at AFL level - he got caught a lot. I thought it could be lack of awareness due to helmet he was wearing.
Haven't viewed match from weekend. Did he wear the protection again or play without it.????

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hear what you are saying. Watched him earlier in the year at AFL level - he got caught a lot. I thought it could be lack of awareness due to helmet he was wearing.
Haven't viewed match from weekend. Did he wear the protection again or play without it.????
Without and he looked much better-but even at NEAFL level a lot of his disposals were unnecessarily under pressure because he took another step or two

Remove this Banner Ad

Back