2nds 2018 Suns Reserves and NEAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure it’s up to us , I think the kid makes the choice where he goes in this situation .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't have a complete understanding of how FS / academy picks work but..
Even if he nominates Geelong then surely we have every right to make a bid...say pick 20? if he is rated around 30.
If Geelong don't match then he comes to us.
I think it's a bit different for us putting a bid on someone who has no connection to our club.
I thin if we get him in..2 years down the track - hopefully, we are more competitive with a good solid young list, then I think it's very likely he would stay long term as a gold coast local.

I don't have a complete understanding of how FS / academy picks work but..
Even if he nominates Geelong then surely we have every right to make a bid...say pick 20? if he is rated around 30.
If Geelong don't match then he comes to us.
I think it's a bit different for us putting a bid on someone who has no connection to our club.
I thin if we get him in..2 years down the track - hopefully, we are more competitive with a good solid young list, then I think it's very likely he would stay long term as a gold coast local.
You can make the bid , but if he nominated Geelong and Cats match they get 20% discount on him .

Example GC use Eagles pick currently 17 and bid on Bailey Scott
Point 1025- 20% = 768
Around pick 24-25
They can use pick 44, 54 , 56 ( Round 20 ladder ) for him
362+220+194 =776 for him .

You can make the bid , but if he nominated Geelong and Cats match they get 20% discount on him .

Example GC use Eagles pick currently 17 and bid on Bailey Scott
Point 1025- 20% = 768
Around pick 24-25
They can use pick 44, 54 , 56 ( Round 20 ladder ) for him
362+220+194 =776 for him .
I think they have a pick before 44 so they would have to use that but the real issue here is why pick up a kid that chose somewhere else. If he wants to be a Sun then great if not then see ya

I think they have a pick before 44 so they would have to use that but the real issue here is why pick up a kid that chose somewhere else. If he wants to be a Sun then great if not then see ya

It's hard to know how to feel about this.
If he negs us after being in the system it's not a great sign.

But if he's a GC local and he draft him in this situation it gives us 2 years? with him. The way our list is going you would have to think we would start having some form of success and which would sway him - essentially gives us another 2 years. Don't think we should give up on GCers so easily. In any case if we drafted any other kid at pick 30 do you think they would pick GC out of all clubs to play at either? probably not.

The whole Stef Curry phenomenon, said he only wanted to play at Charlotte and didn't want to play for GSW - they drafted him anyway and he has ended up a long term legend for them.

I will be very disappointed if he nominate Geelong , North always like to draft GC academy players eg Preuss , Josh William , so I will not be surprise they play some games in this year draft if Bailey Scott nominate GC , they will pick either Koenan or Graham in later round if GC don't vacate enough list spot or not matching .

2TSfPoT.png

CQM0wGO.png

I’ll be in the minority for this, but I’m actually glad we re-signed schoenfeld long term. Has really visibly improved since coming to the club and an extra few years to develop for a project player can’t hurt. He’s also played some ‘solid’ games at the top level, and I feel like he could be a genuinely good player Coming off a half back or wing

I’ll be in the minority for this, but I’m actually glad we re-signed schoenfeld long term. Has really visibly improved since coming to the club and an extra few years to develop for a project player can’t hurt. He’s also played some ‘solid’ games at the top level, and I feel like he could be a genuinely good player Coming off a half back or wing
He's also a really good kid

I am still a maybe. Needs to develop more burst to his game. Can run all day but looks too one-paced to me. He is still young enough though.

The best thing about his finish to the year is going back the NEAFL and actually finding the ball 30+ times. That is what a midfield/wing listed player should be doing. He was not doing that earlier in the year. Even if he was not playing as a full time mid earlier in the year, at the NEAFL level he should be covering lots of the ground and running past enough people to get the ball plenty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schoenfeld has shown remarkable improvement and provides list depth. Jury definitely still out, but I think people are being way too harsh on him. 42 touches last week and playing for his team mates all day.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey guys, how many listed players are you expecting to play in the last NEAFL match on Friday? Thanks.

Can't see it being too many..18 on the injury list (2 are tests ) and 23 going to Geelong.....

Rory Thompson Hamstring Test
Tom Nicholls Shoulder Test
Kade Kolodjashnij Quad 2 weeks
Wil Powell Hip 2 weeks
Pearce Hanley Hamstring 2-3 weeks
Will Brodie Hamstring 2-3 weeks
Charlie Ballard Knee 3 weeks
Jesse Lonergan Knee Season
Jack Martin Calf Season
Matt Rosa Ankle Season
Peter Wright Knee Season
Connor Nutting Leg Season
Sam Day Shoulder Season
Aaron Hall Pectoral Season
Josh Jaska Wrist Season
Tom Lynch Knee Season
Mackenzie Willis Knee Season
Harrison Wigg Ankle Season

Sydney Swans (2nd) v Gold Coast SUNS (8th) at BISP, 2pm
*Live Champion Data statistics available on the Official NEAFL App

SYDNEY

B: 51. Connor Flanagan 57. Michael Carroll 53. Kyle McKellar
HB: 52. Josh Stern 47. Josh Rayner 1. James Rose
C: 22. Dean Towers 45. Angus Styles 6. Kyle Dunkley
HF: 41. Jake Brown 34. Jordan Dawson 16. Gary Rohan
F: 55. Bailey Stewart 58. Mitchell Rogers 42. Robbie Fox
Foll: 17. Darcy Cameron 32. James Bell 38. Colin O’Riordan
Inter: 54. Kyle Veerhuis 60. Zach Cameron 49. Cooper Kilpatrick 56. Joey Reinhard 50. Sam Wicks
Emer: 48. Harry Maguire 59. Luke Parks 19. Jeremy Shumack 21. Sam Thorne 35. Dylan Smith
In: 42. Robbie Fox 34. Jordan Dawson 6. Kyle Dunkley 47. Josh Rayner
Out: 38. Heath Grundy (AFL) 33. Ryley Stoddart (injured) 48. Sam Thorne (omitted) 60. Luke Parks (omitted)

New: 6. Kyle Dunkley

GOLD COAST

B: 22. Tom Nicholls 59. Ashton Crossley 49. Brodie Foster
HB: 57. Kwaby Boakye 52. Harrison Arnold 45. Jacob Dawson
C: 31. Michael Gugliotta 2. Jack Scrimshaw 27. Connor Budarick
HF: 44. Darcy Macpherson 55. Dirk Koenen 54. Tui Lowah
F: 60. Jackson Brumley 34. Cooper Portelli 46. Fitzroy Greenwool
Foll: 58. Caleb Graham 50. Emmanuel Baru 43. Max Spencer
Inter: 26. Joshua Gore 47. Timakoi Bowie 48. Lachlan McDonald 56. Hewago Paul – Oea 36. Joshua Schoenfeld
Emer: Cory Beaman Corey Joyce Matthew Fraser
In: 31. Michael Gugliotta 22. Tom Nicholls 52. Harrison Arnold 55. Dirk Koenen 43. Max Spencer
Out: 52. Ryan Gilmore (injured) 51. Bailey Scott (injured) 53. Kane Haua (omitted) 42. Cory Beaman (omitted)

A blast from the past - Michael Gugliotta!

McPherson killing then 31 possessions at 3/4 time stats only the Lemon could dream about.
Should have been straight back on the Seniors

Another match committee cracker.
Ended up with 37 possessions 10 tackles 158 DT points.
It would take Lemon 3 games to rack up those stats in the NEAFL.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back