NFL 2018 Super Bowl LIII - Los Angeles Rams vs New England

Super Bowl options.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Idk how much longer this thread will go on for? To sum up my thoughts, I actually thought this was one of the better sb I've seen. As the game went on with both offences not getting any momentum, each play/possession becomes more crucial to the outcome and you get more drawn into it.

With games like American football (and rugby league), I like it when offences really have to work hard to score points, where defences make it an honest game.

People s**t on the Rams, and Goff in particular, but I don't think it was as bad as it looked. When everything's on the line, the pressure does weird s**t to you, and sometimes that can only be exposed in the biggest game. People crapping on about how many points they averaged, only to score 3 in the sb? That sort of season has happened a lot in recent decades, so we should be used to it. Even then the Rams had two opportunities for tds that would've been taken on another day.

The psychological trauma people try and heap on the Rams (on various forums), and with other losers in the past, is actually starting to give me the shits.
I thought it was a great Super Bowl. A Super Bowl for the tactically-minded, for the purists. There was so much strategy going on from both teams, the game was on tenterhooks in that we (the purists, that is) were sitting there waiting for the Rams to cotton on and adjust and do something, a wrinkle, to even up the score and wrestle momentum back....as New England had ALL the momentum all game really. Belichick was all over McVay and didn't let up, and McVay couldn't strategize his way out that spider's web. The Rams, to the credit, had a couple of moments, but they blew them both -- a) the long bomb into the endzone that was broken up, and 2) the dropped TD in the endzone. Shows you how much NE dominated LAR that they only had a couple plays all game. But a lot of credit to Wade Phillips for keeping the game so even thruout, giving that offense more than enough time to do SOMETHING. The D must've been so gassed and so pissed with McVay/Offense.

But the whole game was on that tenterhook, that knife's edge of suffocating D's and both offenses TRYING so hard to sneak some life out from that suffocation. Trying to find that play or two to break the game open. The Patriots were the ones to do it -- with those three consecutive plays that were the exact same play called three times in a row, resulting in the Gronkowski TD, 3 plays 79 yard drive. They finally found something, and like a "boss" they rammed it in deep by going it consecutively as the Rams got duped.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I personally would use "experienced team" rather than "boss". It took them til the 4th quarter to score a td, there was no bossing imo.
The "bossing" was that very moment when they found a play and cheesed it. The Rams didn't even expect it. It's like they were so aware and awake for a very long time but for just one brief moment they nodded off, and the patriots had that boss moment where they quickly pulled their pants down and jammed into their rectums before they knew what hit them. That's why it was a "boss" moment.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
The "bossing" was that very moment when they found a play and cheesed it. The Rams didn't even expect it. It's like they were so aware and awake for a very long time but for just one brief moment they nodded off, and the patriots had that boss moment where they quickly pulled their pants down and jammed into their rectums before they knew what hit them. That's why it was a "boss" moment.
The use of the term "boss" triggers me. You might not like motor racing. But on numerous motor racing forums, a lot of mentally challenged Lewis Hamilton fans refer to him being a "boss" or "bossing" when he performs a nondescript win in the best car in the field, or does something numerous other drivers have in the past.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The use of the term "boss" triggers me. You might not like motor racing. But on numerous motor racing forums, a lot of mentally challenged Lewis Hamilton fans refer to him being a "boss" or "bossing" when he performs a nondescript win in the best car in the field, or does something numerous other drivers have in the past.

I sympathize and understand.
I guess "bossing" is a bit incorrect, as a literal boss isn't generally like that, or it doesn't really describe the acts of a boss.
A boss might laud it over you, and generally order you around, but a more apt description is probably "stand over tactic" or thuggishness.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
I sympathize and understand.
Thank you.

I guess "bossing" is a bit incorrect,as a literal boss isn't generally like that, or it doesn't really describe the acts of a boss.
A boss might laud it over you, and generally order you around, but a more apt description is probably "stand over tactic" or thuggishness.
It's alright, I get your point. I don't need to burden you with my distress as a result of a lot of anonymous *s from England.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Thank you.

It's alright, I get your point. I don't need to burden you with my distress as a result of a lot of anonymous ******s from England.
England? Blame this flog. Turned ''9 high like a Boss' into a meme

1549665313773.png

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah I can think of plenty of things the Ram's did worse than the decision after winning the coin toss.

Brady was lucky Goff stunk as much as he did. Otherwise he'd be the one being cticised for his ratshit performance.

Two of the worst players on the field were the QB's. The difference between the two was one was mature enough to stay composed. The other went to pieces.

Goff's SB performance was even worse than Cam Newton's. Poor bastard.
Nope, the SysTom nuthuggers would still find a way to shift the blame from Brady to someone else if the Rams pulled it off. That's one thing I can guarantee you of

Back