NFL 2018 Super Bowl LIII - Los Angeles Rams vs New England

Super Bowl options.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Too bad Jake Delhomme doesn't have the mobility of Jake Plummer :rolleyes:

If that ********* Kasey never kicks it oob perhaps the Pats are never these same Pats. Delhomme outplayed Tom in the second half.

Much like Graham Gano in SB50, kickers always seem to * us in the big moments

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-nfl-is-rigged.1193198/

I'm not going to rip into Gano. Pats won the other day despite Gostkowski missing a fg attempt, and they won sb38 with Vinatieri missing 2 in the first half.

Gano's weird, makes the difficult ones in clutch moments, vs Giants from 1000 yards out, vs Colts in the rain from 50 yards, misses the puds in big moments, vs Denver week 1 2016, vs Seattle last year, vs Saints in the WC game two years ago, vs Detroit PATs in crunch time, big moment in SB 50 from 45 ish after half time.

Almost like when expectations are highest he chokes, when no one thinks he will he drills them.

Kasey much in the same boat, remember him missing quite a few easy ones in crunch time, no bigger than a PAT for the Saints after an epic TD on the final whistle with laterals galore. All for naught.

Last edited:
Lol @ me that was John Carney, not John Kasay :$

Different surname, ones a Right footer, ones a left footer .....close enuff...

Last edited:

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Manning still GOAT ever so slightly.

Brady getting closer tho. Manning and Brady are that far ahead at 1&2 because of their longevity that it's not funny

As a pure QB, Manning is ahead of Brady, as are many

In terms of leadership, football IQ, and ability to stand up in pressure and the playoffs, Brady has next to no competition.

Mind you he has had the benefit of a very good coach, support staff and quality players around him over the years, that fits the teams scheme so well that many other great QB's were not so fortunate to have. Brady would not be the QB he is today, and probably already finished in the NFL if he landed on a team like the Jets or something.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Manning is not close to Brady in terms of football IQ? I beg to differ...

In terms of leadership Brady is the best ever.

For a good 10 year period Manning was better in the clutch than Brady, it's no secret that QB's perceived performance is better when their team is better, and at the bookends of Brady's career he's had his best teams. Not to say Manning is better in those moments than Brady, just food for thought.

The thing that makes Brady so great is his ability to read defences post snap. Just like Manning was the best pre snap QB ever, Brady was the best at reading the D post snap. As a result he has far fewer ints than most and wasn't as razzled when a defence disguised their look as Manning was against Belichick in the early 2000s.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Manning is not close to Brady in terms of football IQ? I beg to differ...

In terms of leadership Brady is the best ever.

For a good 10 year period Manning was better in the clutch than Brady, it's no secret that QB's perceived performance is better when their team is better, and at the bookends of Brady's career he's had his best teams. Not to say Manning is better in those moments than Brady, just food for thought.

The thing that makes Brady so great is his ability to read defences post snap. Just like Manning was the best pre snap QB ever, Brady was the best at reading the D post snap. As a result he has far fewer ints than most and wasn't as razzled when a defence disguised their look as Manning was against Belichick in the early 2000s.
So, you just validated why Brady > Manning.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
We're talking the absolute best from a big list of absolute greats of the game. Who all had their pros and cons, and all were all-time greats. How do you separate them? How much of this and how much of that outweighs this or that? Tom Brady himself said it best in a recent interview when he said you can't separate them, they all were special, all had their greatness, things they did better than others, and why can't people just laud them all equally instead of trying to rank them -- this also in response to himself as GOAT.

However, while that's all fine and dandy, you CAN separate them. And I just did before.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bradys a dink and dunker and you have him second ;)
Partially true.
Watch some old footage of Montana again, memory might cloud your appreciation of Montana. I did this dance before, showing a game on youtube between Marino and Montana, and explaining why. Pretty much everything Montana did was a dink and dunk. YAC for his plethora of receivers. He was masterful like that, but the level of difficulty in that isn't high.

Brady has gradually worked the Pats system into a slant-heavy, WR screen heavy, type offense. But he still makes bunches of clutch vertical throws every game. But look back on his career, actual games, he spent most his time throwing clutch all over the field. He aint no one-trick pony.

But no one compares to Marino for taking whatever he wanted, the D going all out to stop him by blitzing heavy and pass protection, and he would not relent, continually going deep with god-like accuracy.

Unitas was far greater than Manning for all the things Manning is lauded for. Unitas was the original and best OC on the field.

Stabler was one of the greatest clutch QBs ever, and in an era where the rules were even much harder than Marino's era.

Baugh was a mercurial QB back in the days when it was even far tougher to pass than Marino's era. He was constantly pushing the ball downfield, gunslinger of all gunslingers.

I love Favre btw. What a monster, especially in terms of toughness. No tougher QB. Elway, Manning, Kelly, etc etc. They all were great. But really there is a way to separate them. Clutch factor is really high. Raw talent really high. It's not the trophy wins (as a team around you gets you those).

Same thing that made Favre great to watch was his Achilles heal, no brake pedal, gunslinger mentally 100% of the time even in moments when it wasn't required. One of the best QBs to watch of all time tho, made throws that no one could or would even attempt.

Even late on his career, i remember a "Hail Mary" he threw for the win for the Vikings in a game from 40-50 yards out ....was an absolute laser that hit his intended targets hands in the back of the end zone at 100mph... Probably the greatest TD pass I've ever seen.

Back