List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cal Twomey's Phantom Form Guide: August

IQ at 11
Will Kelly at 19

really???

Edited to save Apex's delicate ears/eyes...

Last edited:

Bloody hell.

The top 10 being announced already takes an eternity these days and now they want to drag out the entire draft for 2 days.

What's that old adage?

Too much of a good thing.

Surely it can be all done in the one sitting.

Bloody hell.

The top 10 being announced already takes an eternity these days and now they want to drag out the entire draft for 2 days.

What's that old adage?

Too much of a good thing.

Surely it can be all done in the one sitting.

It can but they want to try and make it as Big as in the US but I say it have the Opposite Effect.

Give me more time for My Welcome to Collingwood Threads;)

Praying that no bid comes in for Quaynor or Kelly before our first pick.

1st Round: Best Available
Quaynor
Kelly

What a draft
See a list today with Isaac in the top 10... and Kelly not far behind either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he is way off, we need to be using Second and Third rounders so we can move on a bigger fish with our First live selection

He was miles off about Naish last year

I just dont think Quaynor should be around 10ish. I'd have him late teens - early twenties. Kelly the same. Really Really want to have a Pick to use before Quaynor and Kelly.

Hope he is way off, we need to be using Second and Third rounders so we can move on a bigger fish with our First live selection
A sample of Callum’s amazing draft eye when it comes to F/S and academy players:
10 - Patrick Naish
The likely Richmond father-son pick has had a terrific season that saw him selected in the NAB AFL Under-18 All Australian side after the national championships. The son of former Tiger Chris is a light-bodied midfielder who has shown a penchant for pushing forward and kicking goals. He's a long and driving kick, and has a genuine goal-sense to his game that makes him a dangerous player. Will need to add some size, but his development this year has been promising and he loves to take things on.
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-17/callum-twomeys-phantom-form-guide-august-edition

Callum’s phantom form guide from this time last year, for your amusement. Naish ended up going at pick 34. Tigers were able to select Higgins, CCJ and Balta before a bid even came. Most BF reputable draft watchers didn’t have Naish in the first round, or even top 25. The lesson here is that Callum Twomey is a joke when it comes to judging this stuff. He lets his bias take over in the hope he can influence recruiters, who generally take no notice of him at all.

I just dont think Quaynor should be around 10ish. I'd have him late teens - early twenties. Kelly the same. Really Really want to have a Pick to use before Quaynor and Kelly.

Well we still could as we could Pass on them IF Picks are Before our 1st

Who I think we should take if we have a Pick before Quaynor and Kelly. Triple up on Oakleigh Chargers

17. Riley Collier-Dawkins

POS: Midfielder
Ht 193cm, Wt 88kg, DOB 3/2/00
From Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro

For an inside midfielder Collier-Dawkins doesn't have the type of big possession games that you might expect. But he does influence games with his touches, which come mainly by hand. Two weeks ago for the Chargers he had 15 disposals but only one was a kick. He also had 10 tackles that day, highlighting his work rate around the ground. Collier-Dawkins is a tall midfielder who can also push forward, but he trusts his handballing more than his kicking at this stage. He will appeal as a player who could develop into a clearance star.

Who I think we should take if we have a Pick before Quaynor and Kelly. Triple up on Oakleigh Chargers

17. Riley Collier-Dawkins

POS: Midfielder
Ht 193cm, Wt 88kg, DOB 3/2/00
From Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro

For an inside midfielder Collier-Dawkins doesn't have the type of big possession games that you might expect. But he does influence games with his touches, which come mainly by hand. Two weeks ago for the Chargers he had 15 disposals but only one was a kick. He also had 10 tackles that day, highlighting his work rate around the ground. Collier-Dawkins is a tall midfielder who can also push forward, but he trusts his handballing more than his kicking at this stage. He will appeal as a player who could develop into a clearance star.
Sounds like Sier

Isnt every draft considered a super draft
Nope.
Here are some other words that described previous years.

Good
Great
Lacks depth but good 1st round.
Poor - akin to 03 draft.
Best draft since 01.
Super draft.
The no KPP draft.
The KPP heavy draft.
Even draft find something in most rounds but no stand outs.
Excellent first few rounds but falls off there after

People mistake excitement and talking over x players or saying the coming draft is good is the same as = every draft is a Super draft.

Last edited:
Not quite as crash and bash like Sier but moves through traffic a bit like him.

Glides over the ground nicely, if he can get his possessions up he’s one worth keeping an eye on.

What's his pace like?

Dont see much else around that area that we really need. Mainly shortarse mids. Rozee would be Mint but he will go inside top 10. Best talls will all go inside top 10. There's Hill but dont think he works hard enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back