Super Rugby 2018 Super Rugby season

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
It's back. Again. The first Super Rugby season since Rugby Australia stupidly gave the Western Force the final deletion instead of the Brumbies or nobody. Also the first season since South Africa's Cheetahs and Southern Kings were booted (they now play in the Pro14, the competition for Ireland, Italy and bits of the UK). So 15 teams all up.

Last night the Stormers defeated the Jaguares and the Lions beat the Sharks. The 4 Australian teams, 5 New Zealand teams, Bulls and Sunwolves start playing next weekend.

The final will be on August 4th (local time).

https://sanzarrugby.com/superrugby/

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Went to my first rebels game and thoroughly enjoyed it. The crowd also eclipsed the AFLW game which i think is a huge achievement

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Lucky win for the Tahs. Stadium looked empty so crowd figure probably won't be released.

The deliberate knock-on interpretation is a little over the top these days.

Still haven't decided who to support now that my Force is gone :think:

I'll support the Force in the NRC and the Wallabies in tests. Used to favour the Brumbies in the pre Force days but really CGAF about SR any more, just keeping an eye on how Wallaby and/or ex Force players are tracking.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
A win to start the season but a much tougher contest than I’d imagined. Credit to the Sunwolves but a tad disappointed with our efforts and losing out on a BP in the dying minutes could come back to haunt us

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Absolutely pathetic tonight. Poor discipline cost us against an average Reds side who wouldn’t of crossed over if the game went for 4 days. Can’t keep giving away dumb penalties

Not sure that the brumbies will qualify for finals on tonight’s first half. Besides the first 10 mins when they had ALL the ball, the Rebels have been the better team.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Shut up idiot. All our other crowds have been over 10k we got 17k to our last game. It was absolutely pissing down with rain in Melbourne and the game was up against round one of club rugby

Congratulations. The strategy to cut ticket prices in half is clearly an overwhelming success...

You also got 8,400 against the Sharks. The only reason 16k turned up against the Canes is because you were playing a NZ side. No different to when the Storm play the Warriors and get a big crowd.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-13/australian-rugbys-dark-days-continue/9756148

So the Waratahs blow a 29-0 lead and lose to the Crusaders, the Sunwolves run up a cricket score on the Reds and Brumbies vs Rebels attracts literally half as many spectators as the most recent GWS game in Canberra.

Dark days indeed.
After theve kicked out the Force and now my hometown Emus I sit back and laugh.

Cheering on the opposition to any Australian Rugby.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back