2018 Supercars

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a couple of politicians or councilors that were hoping this would take the clipsal away from Adelaide “because it disrupts the city too much” hope that never happens.
Imo hasn’t got the character of the 500 and never will have.
Mostly green idiots.

While we are at at it, let's move the Fringe and Womad and not have any big ticket tourist items in the city....... bunch of flogs

The only option to get a grandstand seat was to buy a 3 day pass. I was only interested in going on the Saturday (I need my Sunday unwind :) )
If there was an option for a 1 day grandstand pass like Adelaide then I’d be all over it.

We got there around lunchtime so we were closer to the exit but it took us about 30 to get out of Tailem. Took a mate 2 hours! since he got there early.
The issue will be getting in and out, Tailem has never seen so many people

Went and looked at the Bend yesterday.

PRO's
- Modern
- Lots of space
- free paddock access
- Lots of GA viewing

CON's
- lots of loose fist size rocks to sprain your ankle on
- zero cover from sun/wind/rain
- Long way from the track on the fence
- Lack of dunnies

Theres more of both, but thats the main list
The first 2 are the main ones for me, although it's much better around the bottom end of the track as far as rocks are concerned.

I asked a few people about the toilet situation, they've catered for about 30K over the weekend...... there was over 15K there on Friday alone.

There was a couple of politicians or councilors that were hoping this would take the clipsal away from Adelaide “because it disrupts the city too much” hope that never happens.

They're totally different events. It's going to be interesting to see what The Bend does for the area in 5 or so years.

They're totally different events. It's going to be interesting to see what The Bend does for the area in 5 or so years.
Judging by the lines out of the take away shops, pub and bakery.... itll be huge for them

At tailem bend?
Yeah when I got into town Friday I went to the bakery and there was a huge line, same with the chicken shop on the way home.

As for the racing, this championship is over. The Falcon just has nowhere else to go and is relying on Mostert and Scott's pure speed to get results.

Yeah when I got into town Friday I went to the bakery and there was a huge line, same with the chicken shop on the way home.

As for the racing, this championship is over. The Falcon just has nowhere else to go and is relying on Mostert and Scott's pure speed to get results.
Yeah, I’ve resigned myself to this!

No way, Penske will be back for the enduros. This round was always going to catch a few teams out. Should be a tight battle til the end.

No way, Penske will be back for the enduros. This round was always going to catch a few teams out. Should be a tight battle til the end.
Thing is, the Commo will only get stronger whereas the Ford teams have little left in the way of development.

The enduros will be good fun though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that the Shahins have put F1 back on the table after originally ruling it out.

I suspect they'll lobby hard to get a 2nd WSBK round here and maybe Moto GP, but F1 is a whole other league financially

The thing Shahin should gun for is a round of the World Endurance Championship. Use the long circuit, 12 hour race, LMP1.. Would be amazing.

As for F1 - no way.. Same with MotoGP. Superbikes is possible however as they often like to run different circuits to GP

Thing is guys, they have some serious serious cash behind them...... if they want something they'll generally get it.

WEC is certainly on the cards, or whatever it's called in a few years when the track is fully ready to go.

I'll give it five years, my stand for the 500 isn't even going up next year

I'll give it five years, my stand for the 500 isn't even going up next year
Oh look it has some problems, especially given spotless dumped their catering contract that they still had a year to go with. At this stage no catering company has taken it over, all the gear was sold off.

Last edited:
Attention whore. She's not Rachael Neiberding. Has Kylie King ever done an IG post like that?

Oh look it has some problems, especially given spotless dumped their catering contract that they still had a year to go with. At this stage no catering company has taken it over, all the year was sold off.
Were they forced to pay their staff in full?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back