Competitions 2018 Supercoach/Dream Team/AFL Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys was wondering about Logan Austin's JS and role? Thanks
Not with us anymore - with St Kilda. Some afl article I read suggests he may be worth a look, though. And with Jake Carlisle out for two weeks he's very likely got that JS, possibly longer if he does well.

Not with us anymore - with St Kilda. Some afl article I read suggests he may be worth a look, though. And with Jake Carlisle out for two weeks he's very likely got that JS, possibly longer if he does well.

Never a high scorer with us and more of a lockdown defender.

I'd be going Rice before him if you've got the choice.

Hey guys just wondering how your midfield works.

We have Rockliff, Gray, Powell-pepper, Ebert Wines Boak

A normal team probably uses 3 full time inside mids and a couple of part timers

So your full time mids are now Rockliff, Ebert, Wines. Does that mean

1. Boak/Gray won't get that much midfield time?
2. Is Wingard stuck forward?
3. Rockliff won't play much forward?

Thanks

Hey guys just wondering how your midfield works.
We have Rockliff, Gray, Powell-pepper, Ebert Wines Boak
A normal team probably uses 3 full time inside mids and a couple of part timers
So your full time mids are now Rockliff, Ebert, Wines. Does that mean
1. Boak/Gray won't get that much midfield time?
2. Is Wingard stuck forward?
3. Rockliff won't play much forward?
Thanks

Rockliff's playing nearly predominantly midfield to release Gray forward. Gray will play midfield but you're right, nowhere near as much. Boak played a lot more midfield against the Suns, he still looks likely to be about 60/40. Wingard is the one who's more forward, although he will get some midfield minutes it's not expected to be many.

Hello Power fans. I want to bring in a Port forward in SuperCoach this week and am looking at Gray, Westhoff or Boak.

Which one to score best for the rest of the year?
Boak is a workhorse, but sometimes scoring can be up oor down
Robbie is Mr Fantastic, can rip out a 150, but gets scragged each week, so can suffer
Westhoff is hands down the best choice. Mr consistent!

Robbie is Mr Fantastic, can rip out a 150, but gets scragged each week, so can suffer
Cheers. I'll be proud to have the ex Centrals lad in my team. :fire:

Rockliff's playing nearly predominantly midfield to release Gray forward. Gray will play midfield but you're right, nowhere near as much. Boak played a lot more midfield against the Suns, he still looks likely to be about 60/40. Wingard is the one who's more forward, although he will get some midfield minutes it's not expected to be many.

Hey guys what's the go with westhoff?

Clearly he's been playing more ruck this year, but with Ryder back is he likely to return to last year's role and average 90 ish?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn't been playing more ruck this year!
I ended up trading him in actually ahahah he played well early but like last week faded badly in the end, still acceptable score though.

By the way thoughts on Wingard? Do you think he will play predominantly mid for the rest of the season? Personally I would given how creative he is around the ball and offers point of difference compared to other port mids.

I ended up trading him in actually ahahah he played well early but like last week faded badly in the end, still acceptable score though.

By the way thoughts on Wingard? Do you think he will play predominantly mid for the rest of the season? Personally I would given how creative he is around the ball and offers point of difference compared to other port mids.

Don't bank on it.

Not sure why you would trade a consistently high-scoring Port player with 3 bye rounds to come, and Port having had its bye already!!

Wingard was too cheap to ignore, so I took the punt and brought him in last week, initially regretted it then, but happy today. IMO he is a champion, and Champions respond when questioned. Hopefully he stays in the middle from now on!

Guys Tom Rockliff, can I take him as a stepping stone/ possible keeper until finals? I can cop the odd low score but do you thinks he’s a good thing to ge back to his normal scoring?

Hey, so what's stopping wingard from being played as a permanant mid? He's clearly much more informed and performing far better as inside mid. Just look De Goey for us, put him in the middle bang he dominates and won us the game against a top 4 side on a hot streak at the time.

Hey, so what's stopping wingard from being played as a permanant mid? He's clearly much more informed and performing far better as inside mid. Just look De Goey for us, put him in the middle bang he dominates and won us the game against a top 4 side on a hot streak at the time.
One word: Ken Hinkley

Ok, that's technically two words, but it's one person!

Guys Tom Rockliff, can I take him as a stepping stone/ possible keeper until finals? I can cop the odd low score but do you thinks he’s a good thing to ge back to his normal scoring?
Rewards: He is a champion, and he is still cheap. He seems to be gaining peak fitness after an interrupted preseason, and also looks to be finally settling onto a role at Port.

Risk: He is playing a different role here than he did at the Lions. No longer the leading midfielder. He plays alongside the likes of Wines, Wingard, Gray, Ebert, Polec, SPP, and Boak. I struggle to see him ever reaching the dizzy "Fantasy Pig" scores that he was able to get at Brisbane.

IMO though, he will remain a consistent midfield option. I added him a few weeks before the Byes started, and will keep him if he maintains his form.

Too much midfield depth. Wingard is considered (incorrectly in my view) a player who is capable of playing both forward and midfield whereas the likes of Ebert, Polec, SPP and Wines are pigeon holed as permanent mids who can't play elsewhere.

Rewards: He is a champion, and he is still cheap. He seems to be gaining peak fitness after an interrupted preseason, and also looks to be finally settling onto a role at Port.

Risk: He is playing a different role here than he did at the Lions. No longer the leading midfielder. He plays alongside the likes of Wines, Wingard, Gray, Ebert, Polec, SPP, and Boak. I struggle to see him ever reaching the dizzy "Fantasy Pig" scores that he was able to get at Brisbane.

IMO though, he will remain a consistent midfield option. I added him a few weeks before the Byes started, and will keep him if he maintains his form.
It’s an interesting one, I’d love to get him in, I’m just nervous he will tag and chit. Out those 40s that he’s been doing a lot this year. I’ve always loved Rocky and he seems to suck me in every year. If he can put up an average of 100 from here I’d be happy and upgrade come finals time.

Too much midfield depth. Wingard is considered (incorrectly in my view) a player who is capable of playing both forward and midfield whereas the likes of Ebert, Polec, SPP and Wines are pigeon holed as permanent mids who can't play elsewhere.
I mean for us Adams, Treloar, Pendlebury, Phillips are permanant mids too who is ineffective elsewhere.

But we can still give De Goey, Sidebottom, Thomas a heap of midfield time.

Perhaps Wingard could be used as an outside mid?

Hey guys so with Boak and Gray not attending many if any center bounces, and having already had Motlop, Gray, neade/thomas as smalls, Watts/Marshall/Westhoff as talls

That's already 6-8 almost permanant forwards.

If that's the casee, surely Wingard/boak/Gray could a heavy midfield role?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back