Competitions 2018 Supercoach/Dream Team/AFL Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

hi guys, just wondering what everyone's thoughts on Neade are? is he in your best side? why did he only play his 1st game this week? I am looking at drafting him in a fantasy comp that you get points based on goals and points scored.

hi guys, just wondering what everyone's thoughts on Neade are? is he in your best side? why did he only play his 1st game this week? I am looking at drafting him in a fantasy comp that you get points based on goals and points scored.

6th season on the list and still not a regular. I'd stay away.

I got badly smashed by Walters injury and his 11 points for the game! Lost most of my match-ups by 40-50 points which he would have easily covered injury free. He was one of my most consistent forwards, so now looking for a replacement.

Bummed!

After starting at $447900 for SC and $583K for AF Jared Polec hasn't put a foot wrong. Four hundreds and 2 eighties in SC has him at $524500 and 2 hundreds, 2 nineties and 2 eighties in AF has him $688K. Only 1% ownership according to the traders on the afl website. Port's manner of play suggests he will score this well for quite a while.
Brad Ebert is another who has done well over the last two weeks. Started at $553500(SC) and $724K(AF). After some scores in the seventies and eighties his prices have dropped to $510K(SC) and $670K(AF) but he has now scored over 124 in both in consecutive weeks.
And Justin Westhoff with MID/FWD status at $670K(AF) and $511800(SC) is currently having a great run with 4 hundreds in each fantasy.

After starting at $447900 for SC and $583K for AF Jared Polec hasn't put a foot wrong. Four hundreds and 2 eighties in SC has him at $524500 and 2 hundreds, 2 nineties and 2 eighties in AF has him $688K. Only 1% ownership according to the traders on the afl website. Port's manner of play suggests he will score this well for quite a while.
Brad Ebert is another who has done well over the last two weeks. Started at $553500(SC) and $724K(AF). After some scores in the seventies and eighties his prices have dropped to $510K(SC) and $670K(AF) but he has now scored over 124 in both in consecutive weeks.
And Justin Westhoff with MID/FWD status at $670K(AF) and $511800(SC) is currently having a great run with 4 hundreds in each fantasy.
Yeah, both have done sensationally. But with the Shanghai match not far away, I dont want to be loaded with too many Port players, so opted for Delidio who is super cheap and has been fantastic the last 2 weeks with 136 and 116, relishing more time in the midfield with all their injuries.

Can Westhoff's form be trusted ?
I feel like he has had form runs like this before but hasn't sustained it.
With Ryder expected to come back in, Hoff should be able to focus purely on his usual role, which is essentially a tall outside mid/winger who goes forward and drops back as necessary. He tends to rack up decent numbers doing this, so I'll be keeping him in my side for now.

Can Westhoff's form be trusted ?
I feel like he has had form runs like this before but hasn't sustained it.

He does tend to start seasons on fire and then taper off to a more solid form line as the season goes on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the traders this week recommending captains for AF :

Calvin's captains
Tom Mitchell - The pig scored 147 last week and looked amazing nearly scoring 50 in two of the four quarters. He had 128 against the Bombers last year and will crack the big 200 mark at some point this year. Could it be in round seven on the MCG?

At 3/4 time against Essendon he has 93. Should get an OK score but with captains the pass mark is higher.

Jack Macrae - Gold Coast is by far the easiest team to score against at the moment conceding 6 x 100+ scores a game to their opposition over the last three weeks. Macrae is coming off a huge 145 and should be amazing in this one.

At 17 minutes in the last quarter he has 131. Looking good.

Interesting Fact: The total AFL Fantasy points for Port Adelaide in last years China game was 1870!

Travis Boak 153
Jared Polec 127
Brad Ebert 103
Justin Westhoff 102
Karl Amon 102
Sam Gray 101
Chad Wingard 98
Matthew Broadbent 96
Oliver Wines 95
Jasper Pittard 91
Charlie Dixon 87
Jack Hombsch 83
Patrick Ryder 82
Sam P-Pepper 76
Thomas Jonas 67
Jackson Trengove 64
Brendon Ah Chee 64
Jarman Impey 64
Robbie Gray 61
Darcy B-Jones 59
Tom Clurey 52
Hamish Hartlett 43

When the taders talked about captains and Jack Macrae was mentioned they said Levi Greenwood was brought in to stand Macrae and Collingwood gave up less 100+ scores in the last 5 games than any other team. At 16 minutes into the second quarter Macrae has 54 fantasy points and is in line for another 130-150 game.

Interesting Fact: The total AFL Fantasy points for Port Adelaide in last years China game was 1870!

Travis Boak 153
Jared Polec 127
Brad Ebert 103
Justin Westhoff 102
Karl Amon 102
Sam Gray 101
Chad Wingard 98
Matthew Broadbent 96
Oliver Wines 95
Jasper Pittard 91
Charlie Dixon 87
Jack Hombsch 83
Patrick Ryder 82
Sam P-Pepper 76
Thomas Jonas 67
Jackson Trengove 64
Brendon Ah Chee 64
Jarman Impey 64
Robbie Gray 61
Darcy B-Jones 59
Tom Clurey 52
Hamish Hartlett 43

1553 this year.

Thoughts on DBJ ? e.g. to avg. 80+ish for the rest of the year (there's a couple low scores from early this year :huh:, part offset by going high 90s in China :eek:). Tough couple of weeks with Hawks in Tassie then Tiges, but I reckon you guys could go on a bit of a winning streak after that.

Looking for someone durable + reliable to fill a spot in the back 6 (only have $70k to upgrade Murray and not many DEF rookie options (albeit downgrade obviously appeals).

Yeah, I'm not great at this SC thing haha. It's fun though :thumbsu:

Thoughts on DBJ ? e.g. to avg. 80+ish for the rest of the year (there's a couple low scores from early this year :huh:, part offset by going high 90s in China :eek:). Tough couple of weeks with Hawks in Tassie then Tiges, but I reckon you guys could go on a bit of a winning streak after that.

Looking for someone durable + reliable to fill a spot in the back 6 (only have $70k to upgrade Murray and not many DEF rookie options (albeit downgrade obviously appeals).

Yeah, I'm not great at this SC thing haha. It's fun though :thumbsu:
Not sure. He was consistent in previous years, and is a solid performer. At his best, he is a lock, but been a bit inconsistent this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back