B: A.Morgan, D.Neilsen, S.Wright
HB: T.Murphy, B.McKay, B.Hartung
C: J.Williams, K.Hayden , G.Narrier
HF: J.Anderson, S.Durdin, O.Junker
F: P.Ahern, M.Daw, C.Zurhaar
R: B.Pruess, W.Walker, B.Jacobs
INT: T.Jeffries, T.Xerri, N.Larkey, N.Hrovat

****Declan Watson still recovering from his ACL injury mid-late 2017****

For a club that is pencilled in for a bottom 4 finish, we look extremely good. Giving Goldy first crack at 2018. If he faulters in comes Pruessy.
Probably my favourite team I've seen so far, R6, and that's including my own. I'd be very pleased if that was our team we put out round 1.

That spread of players seems a lot healthier than last time we did this (and IMO part of the reason we ultimately fell short). When we loaded up at the end of Laidley's run we basically had a whole bunch of elite talent in the late 20's - daylight - then a whole bunch of kids. This time we actually have decent and very capable talent in the 24-28 bracket which means when the under 22's come on we are in theory ready to hurt teams.

AFL Side:
B: M.Williams, R.Tarrant, E.Vickers-Willis
HB: J.Macmillan, S.Thompson, D.Mountford
C: L.McDonald, S.Higgins, S.Atley
HF: T.Garner, J.Waite, M.Wood
F: J.Ziebell, B.Brown, K.Turner
R: T.Goldstein, B.Cunnington, T.Dumont
INT: L.Davies-Uniacke, J.Simpkin, R.Clarke, M.Hibberd
EMERG: S.Durdin, C.Zurhaar, B.Pruess

Assuming your using BBB to pinch hit in ruck?

Im not sure id want to risk him in this role perhaps Durdin slots in somewhere to provide some relief to Goldy.

This part:

22 players are currently aged 21 or younger, highlighting the excitement around a young group. This is a significant increase on 2017, when 18 of the 44 were over 21.

says we have gone backwards in the youth stakes! 22 players under 21 versus 26 last year!

NTHMELB-2.jpg

Paul Ahern, Jed Anderson, Shaun Atley, Ben Brown, Ryan Clarke, Ben Cunnington, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Majak Daw, Trent Dumont, Sam Durdin, Taylor Garner, Todd Goldstein, Billy Hartung, Kyron Hayden, Mitchell Hibberd, Shaun Higgins, Nathan Hrovat, Ben Jacobs, Nick Larkey, Jamie MacMillan, Luke McDonald, Benjamin McKay, Alex Morgan, Declan Mountford, Daniel Nielson, Braydon Preuss, Jy Simpkin, Robbie Tarrant, Scott D Thompson, Kayne Turner, Edward Vickers-Willis, Jarrad Waite, William Walker, Declan Watson, Josh Williams, Marley Williams, Mason Wood, Samuel Wright, Tristan Xerri, Jack Ziebell

Category A Rookies: Oscar Junker 2nd Year, Thomas Murphy, Gordon Narrier, Cameron Zurhaar 2nd Year
Category B Rookies: Tom Jefferies 3 Year Unregistered

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-29/your-clubs-full-list-locked-in-for-season-2018

Has to get better this year or his gone so to Wood , Atley is a lost cause and Mc Millian is not going to get any better
They will all play a majority of games bar injuries.
Turner - superb forward pressure. Who can forget how great he was when he first burst onto the scene.
JMac - love child
Atley - pretend that we are shattered when he leaves so we can get a good compo pick
Wood - trade bait.

The last two are essential to get the picks we need for FS points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need Bigfootys honest opinions here please.

After the draft on Friday night my mate and myself had a $200 bet.

My mate, west coast supporter, stated that Billy Hartung will play round one for NMFC. I went against him.

What does everyone think?
Yeah I think he will. Knuckle down work hard over preseason. At the end of the day picking a guy who has had considerable afl experience, is unlucky not to be a premiership player, and on a 1 yr deal in a rebuilding team is a complete waste of a pick if you don't play him.

Assuming your using BBB to pinch hit in ruck?

Im not sure id want to risk him in this role perhaps Durdin slots in somewhere to provide some relief to Goldy.
Agree. Durdin/Daw in for Hibberd would be my only change to r6's lineup.

Gut feel sides, with a little bit of bias being a development year. I'm favouring McKay over Nielson and Durdin, only because he looks like a natural back there and I feel a full season could see rapid development. I feel Nielson is the most likely, who should swap for Hunter when he's rested throughout the season.

AFL Side:
B: M.Williams, R.Tarrant, S.Thompson
HB: J.Macmillan, B.McKay, P.Ahern
C: L.McDonald, L.Davies-Uniacke, R.Clarke
F: J.Ziebell, B.Brown, J.Simpkin
R: T.Goldstein, B.Cunnington, S.Higgins
INT: K.Turner, D.Mountford, B.Hartung, T.Dumont

VFL Side:
B: EVW, D.Nielsen, S.Wright
HB: T.Murphy, S.Durdin, M.Hibberd
HF: J.Anderson, M.Daw, O.Junker
F: , C.Zurhaar, N.Larkey, N.Hrovat
INT: T.Jeffries, T.Xerri, A.Morgan

That VFL side looks particularly strong.

The backline for instance, could very well be our senior one at points during the year.

Gut feel sides, with a little bit of bias being a development year. I'm favouring McKay over Nielson and Durdin, only because he looks like a natural back there and I feel a full season could see rapid development. I feel Nielson is the most likely, who should swap for Hunter when he's rested throughout the season.

AFL Side:

VFL Side:

The backline for instance, could very well be our senior one at points during the year.
Where is Atley?

I don’t understand this line of thinking. If we are good enough to finish higher with such a young list - that means things are going great. I think we can push for finals if our key players stay injury free. Last year only turned out the way it did due to hard draw and injuries. The draw couldn’t be better this time round.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would suggest it is based on who we want in the next draft and a very low finish would net us player x and TT with a second pick. So be like two first rounders. Bring home a couple of FS later and Bob's ya Uncle.

fwiw I reckon between 8-10 wins which is of course means TT with our first and zero advantage from our zone- The North way almost.

I'm not too fussed as I reckon we've had an awesome draft and s**t is gunna get exciting.

AFL Side:

VFL Side:

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself but I like what I see I don't think McKay will replace Nielsen in the backline, and I Would change Turner for Hrovat.

Would suggest it is based on who we want in the next draft and a very low finish would net us player x and TT with a second pick. So be like two first rounders. Bring home a couple of FS later and Bob's ya Uncle.

fwiw I reckon between 8-10 wins which is of course means TT with our first and zero advantage from our zone- The North way almost.

I'm not too fussed as I reckon we've had an awesome draft and s**t is gunna get exciting.

Any idea where we think TT slots into the draft order at this stage? It’s been mentioned that there’s probably 7-8 ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back