2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waking up to our future first being out somewhat befuddled me, but I've definitely come around to it. Gets us out of a trap, decouples Neale/Beams, and Gold Coast's future second is a big in. Now all we need to do is nail that part of the season that comes before the trade and draft period and we'll be set.

Hunt? Imagine him and Cox off HB. Add in Bailey.

That lot would take some stopping.
Saw a bit of Hunt playing for Casey....looked pretty ordinary which is probably y he didn't get back in the ones. He may have been pissed off....not sure.

Waking up to our future first being out somewhat befuddled me, but I've definitely come around to it. Gets us out of a trap, decouples Neale/Beams, and Gold Coast's future second is a big in. Now all we need to do is nail that part of the season that comes before the trade and draft period and we'll be set.

We'll be well positioned to trade up next season if we want to

w
Bulldogs get a third rounder for us, upgrade to collingwoods first pick, we get a Bulldogs second, collingwoods future first and Adams and Collingwood get Beams, Roughead and a third this year?
will Oxley.........our missing hbf.....be included?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see GWS standing up to Essendon.
Although they rolled over on almost everything else..
2c7770debc87e2a55f47a8611b86ae2e

So John Ralph reckons Paul connors went to Brisbane saying pies have salary cap issues will we pay a portion
Of beams salary for the next to years what a flog . Heavily front loaded
Contract for 4 years. Glad lions basically laughed at it .

So John Ralph reckons Paul connors went to Brisbane saying pies have salary cap issues will we pay a portion
Of beams salary for the next to years what a flog . Heavily front loaded
Contract for 4 years. Glad lions basically laughed at it .
what loose a player for unders and pay his $ WT *((&(&^(&*^

The club's list management strategy is planned years in advance and we don't know who or what they have on their radar next year. Maybe, just maybe, there is logic to us giving up next year's first round and getting in a second round. Maybe we will use it to bid on Lachlan Johnson (son of Chris) or an academy player next year, maybe not.

As far as next year's picks go, at the moment, based on this year's finishing positions, we are only one of three clubs that have two picks in the top 22 and three picks in next year's top 40. It's not as bad as some suggest.

If nothing else, this trade period has clearly shown that the picks we start with prior to the trade period will not be the picks that we take to the draft.
Club's list management strategy also isn't set in stone. Needs flexibility. From what I'm hearing, we were surprised to be nominated by Marcus Adams.

We are one of three clubs that have two picks in the top 22 and three picks in next year's top 40. We are also not one of the 9 clubs that have a pick in next year's the top 10...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back