2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we should be hoping to trade in another player in the same age profile as Cameron, as we still don’t have a large amount in that category.

Weitering is a good target. however, there’s just no way in hell it will happen and if it does I will genuinely be shocked.

Jake Lloyd seems like a great option. Would not mind offering him a good contract and a definite chance to be a star player. The only issue, as mentioned above, is that he’s very solidified at Sydney right now and he will not want to move unless something with his contract negotiations inspire him to look here.

I’m horrible at looking for players in the right age bracket right now. Honestly, I’d be willing to say we could give up next years first or second if it meant bringing in another Cameron (in terms of immediate impact).
Darcy Moore and Jordan De Goey are out of contract at the Pies and in the right age bracket for us. De Goey comes with the off field issues but is very talented. Fagan seems to prioritise those with high character though. Dean Kent wouldn't be a bad option if we were able to get him for cheap to add another small forward who applies defensive pressure. He's only 24. Kicked 25 goals in 2016 but fell out of favour last year. Just earned a recall last week and kicked 3 goals. James Harmes aged 22 is OOC at the Demons at the end of this year as well. Contested ball winning and tackling machine. Wouldn't be a bad addition. There are some options out there that's for sure. They don't have to necessarily be out of contract either. Charlie Cameron still had a year to go on his when we traded for him last year.

One player that has been in great form in the opening three rounds and is out of contract next year is Toby McLean at the Dogs. Probably been the Bulldogs best player so far this year alongside Macrae. Quite a well rounded player, wins clearances/contested footy, uses it well, has a bit of pace, tackles well, kicks some goals. Would love for the club to pursue him. I wonder if Angus Brayshaw could look at his options at the end of this year as well considering he is struggling to get a game ahead of the likes of Jones/Oliver/Petracca/Tyson atm. If Jacob Hopper is not cemented in the Giants best 22 at the end of this year I'd imagine he'd consider his options as well and he is one we should have a red hot crack at.

If we were to add any of Hopper/Brayshaw/McLean/De Goey/Harmes I'd be very happy as they are all young, would all be instant best 22 and would all make an impact from day dot.

I think if Wines leaves he'd be looking to return home to Vic and the Bombers who are in desperate need for a gun inside mid would be all over him. I' love for us to have a huge crack at him though.
Just on this topic, if Wines were to head back to Vic what are the odds he ends up at the Hawks? Fairly high I reckon. Wines, Mitchell, O'Meara would be a nice midfield.

Darcy Moore and Jordan De Goey are out of contract at the Pies and in the right age bracket for us. De Goey comes with the off field issues but is very talented. Fagan seems to prioritise those with high character though. Dean Kent wouldn't be a bad option if we were able to get him for cheap to add another small forward who applies defensive pressure. He's only 24. Kicked 25 goals in 2016 but fell out of favour last year. Just earned a recall last week and kicked 3 goals. James Harmes aged 22 is OOC at the Demons at the end of this year as well. Contested ball winning and tackling machine. Wouldn't be a bad addition. There are some options out there that's for sure. They don't have to necessarily be out of contract either. Charlie Cameron still had a year to go on his when we traded for him last year.

One player that has been in great form in the opening three rounds and is out of contract next year is Toby McLean at the Dogs. Probably been the Bulldogs best player so far this year alongside Macrae. Quite a well rounded player, wins clearances/contested footy, uses it well, has a bit of pace, tackles well, kicks some goals. Would love for the club to pursue him. I wonder if Angus Brayshaw could look at his options at the end of this year as well considering he is struggling to get a game ahead of the likes of Jones/Oliver/Petracca/Tyson atm. If Jacob Hopper is not cemented in the Giants best 22 at the end of this year I'd imagine he'd consider his options as well and he is one we should have a red hot crack at.

If we were to add any of Hopper/Brayshaw/McLean/De Goey/Harmes I'd be very happy as they are all young, would all be instant best 22 and would all make an impact from day dot.
Can only imagine the asking price for DeGoey.
They would crack it if they lost him to us.

Can only imagine the asking price for DeGoey.
They would crack it if they lost him to us.
Depends if he get's back on the park this year and plays well. If he has another inconsistent year in terms of senior games played and has another minor off field indiscretion he might not be worth all that much on the open market.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He isn't getting games because he's on the sidelines with an ACL injury though right? Or is that Setterfield?
Nah thats Settlefield, think Perryman got a game this week but I kind of feel that may have been due to their injury list. Few players return and he might be out again

The more I think about it the more Jacob Hopper makes sense as a target as a young inside/outside midfielder who should seriously start to hit his straps next season. We should place a big contract in front of his manager and see if we can entice him.

Have to say I am enjoying hearing all of the names that have been listed in the last number of posts. However I would want to hold on to our second rounder this year and utilise our third round and any picks after our first next year to get our hands on some of those listed.

Hawthorn have been spectacular at taking players from other clubs and extending their ceiling and no doubt their carer. I wonder how much Fagan was involved in that. I'm all for trading in specific skill sets rather than just players because they might e good. We paid a high price for Charlie Cameron and after 3 games we got him cheap and he definitely has a skill set we didn't have. Robbo again a skill set we needed and found him on the dump pile. Hodge, yes we needed that. Bell, Bastinac,Walker, Frost, Christensen (jury out) to me were recruited because they were gettable. Maybe the discussion her should be that we agree what we are missing and we are sure that skill set is not among our kids and/or we are very thin in that area. Realistically our kids need maybe next season and the one after before our premiership window is open. So what do we need in 2 years time? I personally think we are a key position forward short, I think Hipwood will be there but what's next? Lynch will bee too expensive he will be at least $1.2 mill a year and I'd rather pay the big money to the boys in the engine room. i think we need a Jack Reiwald type, a very mobile, pack breaking forward good below his knees. Fevola, love him or hate him, compared to Bradshaw who's back was buggered was worth an extra goal a game because he could crumb his own ball. Turned out a disaster but the skill set was right. Is there someone that fits our age bracket, we get relatively cheap (not spending out midfield money) that can with the right coaching (Jonathon Brown) fill that position?

Hawthorn have been spectacular at taking players from other clubs and extending their ceiling and no doubt their carer. I wonder how much Fagan was involved in that. I'm all for trading in specific skill sets rather than just players because they might e good. We paid a high price for Charlie Cameron and after 3 games we got him cheap and he definitely has a skill set we didn't have. Robbo again a skill set we needed and found him on the dump pile. Hodge, yes we needed that. Bell, Bastinac,Walker, Frost, Christensen (jury out) to me were recruited because they were gettable. Maybe the discussion her should be that we agree what we are missing and we are sure that skill set is not among our kids and/or we are very thin in that area. Realistically our kids need maybe next season and the one after before our premiership window is open. So what do we need in 2 years time? I personally think we are a key position forward short, I think Hipwood will be there but what's next? Lynch will bee too expensive he will be at least $1.2 mill a year and I'd rather pay the big money to the boys in the engine room. i think we need a Jack Reiwald type, a very mobile, pack breaking forward good below his knees. Fevola, love him or hate him, compared to Bradshaw who's back was buggered was worth an extra goal a game because he could crumb his own ball. Turned out a disaster but the skill set was right. Is there someone that fits our age bracket, we get relatively cheap (not spending out midfield money) that can with the right coaching (Jonathon Brown) fill that position?
Mason Wood a potential option? More of a 3rd tall but would offer our forward line something new. We don't really have a 3rd tall forward at the moment. Hopefully Toby Wooller can develop into a decent 3rd tall forward for us.

Mason Wood a potential option? More of a 3rd tall but would offer our forward line something new. We don't really have a 3rd tall forward at the moment. Hopefully Toby Wooller can develop into a decent 3rd tall forward for us.

Strikes me as an Aaron Cornelius type player, in and out of the side, doesnt show quite enough to get going and will be delisted eventually.

Strikes me as an Aaron Cornelius type player, in and out of the side, doesnt show quite enough to get going and will be delisted eventually.

More than happy to develop Toby, I think he has the potential. If Payne ends up working out then McStay can be the third tall both forward and back. He can swing either side when we need.

De Goey is certainly one I reckon we'd ask the question of. I get the feeling he's the type of young bloke who'd benefit being at a club out of the limelight.
Need an ankle bracelet that would pinggggg 500 meters from Fortitude Valley.

De goey is no chance to move up here. He’d fail Fagans character test to boot. Although I back the culture we have up here to turn it around I think the possibility of landing him are slim to none

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back