2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who do they have to play forward if they let him go?

They missed out on Lynch, Roughy is past it & may not even be there. O’Brien is unlikely to make it.

I don’t believe they have anyone else waiting in the wings for that position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real reason McGovern wants out of the Crows because before he signed his contract last year he asked the crows if they were signing Gibbs and the crows said no and 2 weeks later they signed him. He wasn't happy and hasn't been all year. Could be the same with Brad Crouch. Assume its all about $$$ for both of them
Also he has to live in adelaide.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-24/afl-gives-blues-suns-special-access-to-state-league-players

I suggested this mid season as a compensation method, a similar thing to the bombers had - almost. I wonder if it will then effect priority/compensation picks in the draft or at least the place they occur in the order.

I'm wary about the mention of 'assistance packages'.

It will be frustrating if it turns out those teams get special access to state league players, a mid-first round priority pick, and something else in addition to that. That will be quite a contrast to the end of first round pick we got after doing it tough for a long time, and still finding ourselves near the bottom.

Neale just interviewed by Sam McClure on SEN- says he is still thinking it over, suggests that he will take a few more weeks.

After the interview finished and Neale went in to the Brownlow Mcclure’s prediction was ‘gawnn’ and his gut feel was that he didn’t want to announce prior to freo’s b and f.

Last edited:
I'm wary about the mention of 'assistance packages'.

It will be frustrating if it turns out those teams get special access to state league players, a mid-first round priority pick, and something else in addition to that. That will be quite a contrast to the end of first round pick we got after doing it tough for a long time, and still finding ourselves near the bottom.

Being reported that they won’t get access to a priority pick. Think Gold Coast have been a bit dudded tbh.

Carlton: we don’t need a priority pick, we are proud Carlton etc...

AFL: you sure? You probably should apply.

Carlton: alright, here’s our application then.

AFL: lol, denied!

Neale just interviewed by Sam McClure on SEN- says he is still thinking it over, suggests that he will take a few more weeks.

After the interview finished and Neale went in to the Brownlow Mcclure’s prediction was ‘gawnn’ and his gut feel was that he didn’t want to announce prior to freo’s b and f.

Here is the audio:

After the interview left Mcclure’s prediction was ‘gawnn’ and his gut feel was that he didn’t want to announce prior to freo’s b and f.
Lets hope he's right on this one.:D

I missed it, what was your gut feel on the tone of the interview Tom? Confident he's coming to us or not?

Edit- Thanks for posting the audio Tom, I didn't get much from it although I still think if he was going to stay why wouldn't he just announce it now. So he's still coming to us IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back