2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.....ATM.....St Kilda have pick 3.........then..........................................................................pick 57 .

Got a feeling...they'll be doing a fair bit of trading.

will take Dunstan if cheap. average kick but strong inside mid.

Did some snooping on some other boards and found this posted by a so called Perth based Crows fan:

Cant see it happening really.
LOL. Clubs already 'packaging' picks this early when there is so much water to flow under the bridge... whenever people talk picks in their mid season trade scenarios it's complete BS every single time.

Not very nice Candiru, just enjoy the great footy your team is playing without rubbing our noses in it and it would be appreciated.

Our administration/recruitment/footy department were a bit of a rabble back then, it's changed under Noble, Fagan and Swann.

All the best for the rest of the season Candiru.

Not very nice Candiru, just enjoy the great footy your team is playing without rubbing our noses in it and it would be appreciated.

Our administration/recruitment/footy department were a bit of a rabble back then, it's changed under Noble, Fagan and Swann.

All the best for the rest of the season Candiru.
Click on the link.

That time when you quote a thread started four years before you join... awkward.

Not to mention cross-posting to a board where the original poster has barely posted in two years.

Troll rating: F.

Like when you go on to your ex-girlfriend's Facebook sometimes and she appears to have gotten hotter.

If you're stalking your ex 5 years after she's left you, you are one lonely soul. Don't even feel like trolling you. Runaway now.

And to put it in perspective, trades like these always gets balanced out.. like say a Redden trade which helped us to pay for draft bid on Hipwood. Swings and roundabouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Angus Brayshaw had a huge game on the weekend. I hope we've informed him we're willing to make a big offer.
He will cost us a high draft pick. If we are going to recruit any player, you would think it will be via FA.
It's a great opportunity for the club to recruit a FA these year since we don't have a senior player leaving like we did in the past couple of years with Rockliff and Luenberger.

Last edited:
He will cost us a high draft pick. If we are going to recruit any player, you would think it will be via FA.

I'd trade our second in an instant but we might need a sweetener. Obviously our first would be off the table. The problem with free agents is that they don't fix our 22-25y.o. age gap.

If we could get Guthrie then I wouldn't be as keen on Brayshaw though.

I'd trade our second in an instant but we might need a sweetener. Obviously our first would be off the table. The problem with free agents is that they don't fix our 22-25y.o. age gap.

If we could get Guthrie then I wouldn't be as keen on Brayshaw though.
I’d put our 2019 first on the table.

He is out of contract atm.

He’s on the AFL exchange podcast each week. If you listen to him, he’s very invested in Melbourne.

It would take a list squeeze and a huge offer to get him out of Melbourne.

I’d put our 2019 first on the table.

He is out of contract atm.

He’s on the AFL exchange podcast each week. If you listen to him, he’s very invested in Melbourne.

It would take a list squeeze and a huge offer to get him out of Melbourne.
IMO Angus Brayshaw coming to us would be one of the most unlikely to happen recruiting coups ever. We'd have to pay massive overs and I would be dead set against that.

Could Brayshaw be squeezed because they payed Lever $800k?

Hawthorn used to pay unders to keep their premiership team together.

We are at the stage Melbourne were 4yrs ago. They've drafted wisely, traded in players with second round picks that have payed off and last year hit free agency and will do so again this year with Gaff. We just have to be patient, you can see the nucleus of our side and if we can nail this year's draft the next year we should start to look to free agency and trade but patience is a virtue.

Hope we don't go the rest of the season bringing up every player under the age of 25 that had their first half decent game of the year on the weekend as someone "we should throw some cash at". :drunk::drunk:

Why not?

One KO from possible retirement? Would you be as flippant with your own money?

Has this been confirmed? McCartin has had 50 concussions and is still playing.

Any player is one KO from retirement anyway. Look at Justin Clarke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back