2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sneaky suspicion we might be interested in Libba.
If we could land both Wallis and Libba we will be top 4 for clearances in the comp and it ould allow Beams (if he stays), and Zorko to play more outside/forward minutes and also gives our youngsters like Berry a much needed rest from the brutal hits they are taking every week. Berry I'm very concerned about and think he is being used poorly by the coaching department ATM. His body won't last 5 years...

If we could land both Wallis and Libba we will be top 4 for clearances in the comp and it ould allow Beams (if he stays), and Zorko to play more outside/forward minutes and also gives our youngsters like Berry a much needed rest from the brutal hits they are taking every week. Berry I'm very concerned about and think he is being used poorly by the coaching department ATM. His body won't last 5 years...
Agree, thinking about it a bit more I'd be all for taking both of them* for the reasons you've outlined, would really free up Beams and Zorko for the last few years of their careers.

*If Noble, Fagan and Crowell give their imprimatur to the recruitment.

Definitely more upside in us by virue of our higher picks over the last three years. The Dogs' best players (Bont, Wood and McRae) won't get any better and their only recruits of any real quality the last couple of years have been English, Richards and possibly Naughton. Go through their list and it is pretty average with some real cloggers. Having said that, we would have to pay overs I imagine to get either Libba or Wallis to come north if Melbourne clubs are also interested.

Definitely more upside in us by virue of our higher picks over the last three years. The Dogs' best players (Bont, Wood and McRae) won't get any better and their only recruits of any real quality the last couple of years have been English, Richards and possibly Naughton. Go through their list and it is pretty average with some real cloggers. Having said that, we would have to pay overs I imagine to get either Libba or Wallis to come north if Melbourne clubs are also interested.

Dunno, I've been watching the Dogs, they have managed to blood youngsters due to injuries, I don't mind their list..like any team they have players that appear as list cloggers... I'd add (McLean, Johannisen Dunkley) to their better seniors we may be slightly ahead dunno ...As much as it pains me Schache is starting to develop into the forward we hoped. Far from being a household name Lipinski is another that will develop into a dangerous forward. Their rookies Gowers, Lynch and Smith have shown plenty..Gowers is a ready-made replacement for Picken who they have missed...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bont
Dunkley
Schache
Gowers
Daniels
English
Hunter
Lipinski
McLean
Roarke Smith
Williams

It’s a pretty bloody handy list of players 23 and under.
10 players listed there, interesting to compare with our top 10 players 23 and under-
Andrews
McCluggage
Witherden
Berry
Rayner
Hipwood
Gardiner
Cutler
McStay
Taylor

Then we have another 5 23 and under who have shown something at AFL level.

Bailey
Allison
Cox
Matheison
Robertson

I'm obviously biased but I'd take ours.

10 players listed there, interesting to compare with our top 10 players 23 and under-
Andrews
McCluggage
Witherden
Berry
Rayner
Hipwood
Gardiner
Cutler
McStay
Taylor

Then we have another 5 23 and under who have shown something at AFL level.

Bailey
Allison
Cox
Matheison
Robertson

I'm obviously biased but I'd take ours.

I wasn’t arguing who has the better youth. More arguing the fact that their only decent young recruits the last few years go beyond Naughton, English and Richards.

Yeah and Libba will bring everything the club has done well the past two years by bringing family and culture together completely undone he is trouble

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Either him or Libba for me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wouldn't go near Libba unless he's suddenly become more committed recently. A lot of their fans seem to think he's just a guy who likes having a good time and doesn't really enjoy the expectations and requirements that come with being a professional athlete.

If we were to recruit Liberatore I'd be fine with it and trust that the club had looked into the rumors and innuendo surrounding him and deemed him a good fit for us on and off field.

Conole, Ambrogio and Noble have said A grade players and all those listed lately they are not. However, at least we are not St Kilda going after players like Hannebery and Menzel or Carlton with Fasolo. I'm not certain that there will be anyone coming in this season especially with the club saying that we're going to the draft but I reckon that the three prior mentioned would be doing a lot of work for next year and after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back