List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with most of this, but after seeing how quickly the cliff can approach big men with Goldsteins last couple of years would only offer Gawn 2 if we could get away with it, had a bad history with injury as well. Would also only give Harmes and Dion one if they hadn't cemented a spot in the 22.
Dunno about this. Goldie’s circumstances are particular and might have nothing to do with his age. Sandilands is pretty big too and he’s about a million years old.

I think there’s more than 2 years in Max.

Agree with most of this, but after seeing how quickly the cliff can approach big men with Goldsteins last couple of years would only offer Gawn 2 if we could get away with it, had a bad history with injury as well. Would also only give Harmes and Dion one if they hadn't cemented a spot in the 22.
I think Max can go on for longer, his height will always be imposing like Sandilands. Besides a four year contract would take him to Goldstein's age anyway.

Dunno about this. Goldie’s circumstances are particular and might have nothing to do with his age. Sandilands is pretty big too and he’s about a million years old.

I think there’s more than 2 years in Max.

It's not like we've got someone waiting in the wings to take the mantle off Max, either. No real danger in a long contract at this point.

Gawn is a (restricted) free agent. There will be better contracts out there for him than we will offer.

No way we will get away with a 2 year contract. I actually think it'll be 4.

Gawn is a (restricted) free agent. There will be better contracts out there for him than we will offer.

No way we will get away with a 2 year contract. I actually think it'll be 4.
What, you think we can't get away with screwing over one of our best and most popular players?!!?!?!?!?!

Would love to land Gaff.

I think it'll be hard to land any players who are moving for bigger contracts with North throwing millions at A grade players.

Hopefully, someone like Gaff will come for the potential success rather than money.

Would love to land Gaff.

I think it'll be hard to land any players who are moving for bigger contracts with North throwing millions at A grade players.

Hopefully, someone like Gaff will come for the potential success rather than money.
but why would someone wanting to come back to Vic sign with North when at any moment the AFL could ship them off to Tassie?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Would love to land Gaff.

So do I

I'm led to believe we will be looking to address the outside run deficiency through trade/FA.
So apart from our own there are two that stick out: Gaff and Dahlhaus.

Anyone else see TMac opting out at years end? I have nothing to base this on, just a feeling. Could get big coin elsewhere and seems like the sort of bloke that wants to run his own race a bit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else see TMac opting out at years end? I have nothing to base this on, just a feeling. Could get big coin elsewhere and seems like the sort of bloke that wants to run his own race a bit
It is a bit of a worry. If he does get a decent offer it may be hard to retain him, particularly if we don't make finals. I think he would stay for less but he would still get a significant pay rise. Could also depend on finals, I think most players do stay loyal, but after a while some players really want success.

do we need to look at our ruck back ups or keep developing the younger 2 we have? Can't say i know a hell of a lot about King or Filipovic. Anyone seen these at VFL level?

do we need to look at our ruck back ups or keep developing the younger 2 we have? Can't say i know a hell of a lot about King or Filipovic. Anyone seen these at VFL level?

Both. Our ruck stocks were thin before we let Spencer walk away. At the moment, Pedo is our backup and Tommy Mac is injured and probably third in line. Petracca probably 4th.

I'm led to believe we will be looking to address the outside run deficiency through trade/FA.

Can't be trade seeing as Adelaide has our first picks, a son and half of Ron Barrassi.

If the club thinks we can fix all of our outside run and carry problems tying up 700k-1m in one outside player we are ****ed.

We could always...you know...play Billy Stretch outside?

Or anyone, really. Anyone at all, without insisting they compete in every third stoppage to make sure we're 'versatile'

Can't be trade seeing as Adelaide has our first picks, a son and half of Ron Barrassi.

If the club thinks we can fix all of our outside run and carry problems tying up 700k-1m in one outside player we are ******.
kicking the ball and hitting a target is faster than outside run watched Ljetta butcher the ball the entire game but hey atleast he is an outside runner. just need to get it out to a kicker and hit a target inside 50 instead of bombing it. need 2 way runners besides ANB havent really got any Stretch needs a bigger tank and he could be the other. Gaff is but dont want to over pay for him. Is outside run the same as 2 way runners?

Outside run is what you go to the draft with second and third round picks for. Also we have plenty of good outside players, they’re just not being played in relevant roles.

The one thing we still really need is a big bodied key defender. Given our complete lack of draft picks we’re not getting anyone good, but I’d be looking at tempting any young Victorian KPD currently interstate to come home that we think has potential but isn’t going to be super expensive at this stage. All about that list building

Outside run is what you go to the draft with second and third round picks for. Also we have plenty of good outside players, they’re just not being played in relevant roles.

The one thing we still really need is a big bodied key defender. Given our complete lack of draft picks we’re not getting anyone good, but I’d be looking at tempting any young Victorian KPD currently interstate to come home that we think has potential but isn’t going to be super expensive at this stage. All about that list building

Key defender so so so so much higher on the priority list for me than an outside player.

We could always...you know...play Billy Stretch outside?

Or anyone, really. Anyone at all, without insisting they compete in every third stoppage to make sure we're 'versatile'

I was stunned when I saw that Salem had been training as an inside mid all summer....

One of our best users by foot and we add him to the list of 20 inside mids we already have...

Maybe Billy is also being prepped for an inside role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back