List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
story on the AFL website saying Marc Murphy should take unders and come play for the Demons. interesting thought, we could certainly use some ball use like his on the outside of stoppages.

story on the AFL website saying Marc Murphy should take unders and come play for the Demons. interesting thought, we could certainly use some ball use like his on the outside of stoppages.

Is he a free agent?
If we retire Vince and/or Lewis id be ok with taking him for 2 years. But to be honest if we were going to use him as a midfielder I don't see why we couldn't just use Vince or Lewis in the same role because they kick well

Is he a free agent?
If we retire Vince and/or Lewis id be ok with taking him for 2 years. But to be honest if we were going to use him as a midfielder I don't see why we couldn't just use Vince or Lewis in the same role because they kick well
Lewis is contracted for next year

Would we look at Jack Martin or David Swallow from GC? I think both, particularly Jack would give us some good outside run which we all know we need, and was again made apparent against the pies.

Sadly for the suns players couldn't be blamed for leaving like rats abandoning a sinking ship.

Would we look at Jack Martin or David Swallow from GC? I think both, particularly Jack would give us some good outside run which we all know we need, and was again made apparent against the pies.

Sadly for the suns players couldn't be blamed for leaving like rats abandoning a sinking ship.

Jack would thrive at a good club imo he is a gun

I'd trade Josh Mahoney's liver for Jack Martin ... absolute star!

I'd trade Josh Mahoney's liver for Jack Martin ... absolute star!
Not bad. Mahoneys liver could bring something different to the Suns midfield.

Not bad. Mahoneys liver could bring something different to the Suns midfield.

I'd be more concerned about Josh Mahoney's liver becoming a little too accustomed to the Gold Coast lifestyle. Would go downhill quickly.

Yep, if we could do something like Tyson or Salem and a late 2nd round pick I'd take it.
Wouldn't get near it. I imagine WCE will on trade whatever they get for Gaff. A mid first round pick at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would Dahlhaus be wanting to move?
If we could get Harbrow thatd be sweet but not sure if hes signed up with goldcoast again reckon he would be cheap enough and add a shitload more than vince or lewis down back.
Im keen on Murphy if Lewis and Vince retire i dont care Lewis has another year id be chucking him in the coaches box.

If we could get Harbrow thatd be sweet but not sure if hes signed up with goldcoast again reckon he would be cheap enough and add a shitload more than vince or lewis down back.
Im keen on Murphy if Lewis and Vince retire i dont care Lewis has another year id be chucking him in the coaches box.
Harbrow is a Cairns boy and wanted to go back to Qld.

Can't see him looking at moving anytime soon tbh

Harbrow is a Cairns boy and wanted to go back to Qld.

Can't see him looking at moving anytime soon tbh
he would of left for money more so surely and whod want to play for gold coast week in week out now. Id atleast try and see if we could get him. i suppose with how s**t gold coasts list is though that they basically will need to give him a massive contract just to use 95% of the cap

I dunno. Planta fascia at 30 ain't great. I know I said I wouldn't be opposed to him. But he would wanna come cheap. At his best would probably be our most dangerous all around mid.
Does have a Deledio feel about it, could be a great pick up if he gets on the park consistently enough. The thought of getting Murphy is growing on me but only if it's on the cheap and the gaff situation doesn't pan out. Would love but that wouldn't be possible.

Murphy could be handy as a pacy sort with good skills, but does look like his body is failing him. Could end up getting about as many games from him as Collingwood have had from Wells.

Dahlhaus could be a good pick up if we can get him back to his best form.

Murphy could probably get an extra year out of his body at Melbourne, as we would be asking him to play purely a hard running link up role, rather than anything on the inside like he’s needed for at Carlton.

I’d be happy with him for 2 years but would far prefer Gaff of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back