Status
Not open for further replies.

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thoughts on Marc Murphy as a UFA? He might be keen on snagging a flag before he calls it a day. Aaron Hall and Brayden Fiorini also out of contract up at GC. Just trying to think a bit more realistic than a Gaff, Sloane, Dahlhaus, Lynch, etc which would probably chew up too much of our salary cap and reduce the chance of us retaining some of our youngsters.

Thoughts on Marc Murphy as a UFA? He might be keen on snagging a flag before he calls it a day. Aaron Hall and Brayden Fiorini also out of contract up at GC. Just trying to think a bit more realistic than a Gaff, Sloane, Dahlhaus, Lynch, etc which would probably chew up too much of our salary cap and reduce the chance of us retaining some of our youngsters.
No brainer to go after an UFA of Murphy's talent, especially if Vince retires, more leadership to what still is a younger group.
If he wants to snag a flag I'm not sure we'd be the first choice, Hawthorn would probably be a more attractive option for him in that regard. Certainly we'd be closer to a flag with him though.

Would feel weird to see him play for any other team. Would certainly take him though. One of the most underrated players of the last 10 years. God Carlton are a dump

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

Murphy hell no. Soft and slow.

Hall hell yes. Would flourish in our side.

Gaff, Hall and Sloane are the only guys I'd be interested in for this FA period.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Murphy hell no. Soft and slow.

Hall hell yes. Would flourish in our side.

Gaff, Hall and Sloane are the only guys I'd be interested in for this FA period.
I've seen a lot of Hall ... plenty of it up close given his yearly ritual of being dropped to the NEAFL ... Hall would drive you, and all of us, insane! Doesn't have a defensive bone in his body, and is incredibly selfish ... would fit in well at Essendon really ...

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I've seen a lot of Hall ... plenty of it up close given his yearly ritual of being dropped to the NEAFL ... Hall would drive you, and all of us, insane! Doesn't have a defensive bone in his body, and is incredibly selfish ... would fit in well at Essendon really ...

Yep, seen a bit of him up here and he's generally good for a solid burn of anyone loose in front of goal once every game or so. Much higher percentage play to have a pot shot from 50, obviously. When he's good, he's very good, but his skills can be disastrous at times and he's had a few shocking games where you'd rather he didn't get the ball due to his penchant for shanking it to the opposition.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Yep, seen a bit of him up here and he's generally good for a solid burn of anyone loose in front of goal once every game or so. Much higher percentage play to have a pot shot from 50, obviously. When he's good, he's very good, but his skills can be disastrous at times and he's had a few shocking games where you'd rather he didn't get the ball due to his penchant for shanking it to the opposition.
The burning of a team mate free and open inside 50 is his trademark ... although, his startling inability to break a tag is catching up.

Hmm, I wonder if I'm being too subtle with my significant lack of interest in him ...

Darcy Moore allegedly being lowballed by Collingwood. Wasn’t far off F/S eligibility with us. Dare we?
No thanks. He'll be a champ, probably at the Swans, but we're pretty stocked for KPP talent.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Darcy Moore allegedly being lowballed by Collingwood. Wasn’t far off F/S eligibility with us. Dare we?
I like him but we don’t really need him do we?

Save up all the PetraccaPennies

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Don't like, too often tries to swallow the ball instead of taking it at its highest point, too easy for good defenders to curtail

Yeah think he needs to play a couple years at CHB to learn what defenders hate before going back forward. If Lever goes down and they don't have faith in frost we should try the same with weid.

I'm all for backing our own in, but Weid has shown less than half of what Moore has...
Probably right. But to be fair Darcy Moore has shown sweet * all so far.

He is the prime example of players the media make out to be better than they are when they are injured. Collingwood have a few of those

Moore has 61 goals in 51, Weid has 8 in 14. Can't compare them. Moore's gonna be great, but we can't afford him given we have two better KPFs.

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
Goody thinks our KPP depth is our biggest strength, particularly in the forward line.

Unsurprisingly our outside speed and class is our priority and have/will address that via the draft. Wasn't particularly worried about free agents, thinks we pretty have the list to go all the way just need time for it to mature.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm all for backing our own in, but Weid has shown less than half of what Moore has...

Moore has 61 goals in 51, Weid has 8 in 14. Can't compare them. Moore's gonna be great, but we can't afford him given we have two better KPFs.

Fair enough.

Moore has had an additional year in the system and had stuff all competition for a spot at Collingwood. I also think we are being deliberately patient with Weideman after our Watts failings.

It will be very interesting to compare them both in 5-6 years. I do believe that Weideman has tools to become a very good tall forward target and is a longer term prospect than Moore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back