List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The last sentence is my favourite :tearsofjoy:

“The pursuit of Hogan has been at least four years in the making. Noise of the key forward being prepared to move home — despite denials — has echoed in the background consistently since Paul Roos’ reign began.

Now we are here.

It’s Dee Day and the Dockers have a chance to make it a Docker Day.

But they’ve failed miserably and will rely on Cam McCarthy (17 goals) to be their primary target in 2019 and Rory Lobb — presuming they get the deal done.”

Hey guys, sorry if this is common knowledge but I was just wondering what the sort of player (in comparison to another player) Tom Bugg is, and the reason he was delisted?

Still call it a winning trade period

Ins- Preuss (Back up for Maxy that we desperately needed)
- Kolodjashinj (HB that can use the ball well, hopefully no issues with concussion arise)
- Vandenberg (Pretty much easy a done deal to Sydney, he is our Bull and much needed)

Outs- Kent (No biggie, had no tank for the Midfield and injury prone)
- Tyson ( Couldn't break a tackle or hit a target under pressure, will suit NMs bruise free footy)

Hey Demons fans. I Just wanted to respectfully share my 2 cents from the other side of the fence regarding Hogan.

Its clear that Melbourne is driving this trade to get done, not us. I just heard on the radio that MFC have publicly stated that 5 & 23 would get the deal done. We don't have 5 as you're all aware, so it seems that Mahoney is trying to force us to offload Neale which I find strange. I don't know of any other situation where one list manager of a club has openly dictated where the contracted player of another club should go (Freo), and for how much (Brisbane).

In the end, Freo is going to do what's in the best interests for Freo, not Melbourne. You guys want to get rid of Hogan more than we want to get rid of Neale and it seems that Bell is prepared to walk away if the terms aren't resonable for our club first and foremost.

For the record I still think a trade will be done. I'd love to have Hogan come in as he's an absolute gun providing his foot will hold up. I agree with you all when you say that we should pay a fair price for a talent such as him. The media beat up is over the top and hopefully the cool heads at the clubs will prevail.

Yeah you might not have 5 yet but you had 6 .then traded for later 1sts trying to be too *ing cute to low ball MFC for the player you've all been jizzing over for the past 5 yrs. Keep your 2 Bob from that side of the fence. Not interested in any of your purple western perceptions.

Hey Demons fans. I Just wanted to respectfully share my 2 cents from the other side of the fence regarding Hogan.

Its clear that Melbourne is driving this trade to get done, not us. I just heard on the radio that MFC have publicly stated that 5 & 23 would get the deal done. We don't have 5 as you're all aware, so it seems that Mahoney is trying to force us to offload Neale which I find strange. I don't know of any other situation where one list manager of a club has openly dictated where the contracted player of another club should go (Freo), and for how much (Brisbane).

In the end, Freo is going to do what's in the best interests for Freo, not Melbourne. You guys want to get rid of Hogan more than we want to get rid of Neale and it seems that Bell is prepared to walk away if the terms aren't resonable for our club first and foremost.

For the record I still think a trade will be done. I'd love to have Hogan come in as he's an absolute gun providing his foot will hold up. I agree with you all when you say that we should pay a fair price for a talent such as him. The media beat up is over the top and hopefully the cool heads at the clubs will prevail.

So much wrong with this post;

We didn’t publicly state the deal, it’s been reported by the media and we haven’t denied/confirmed the reports.

You don’t want to get rid of Neale, but he wants out of your club, nothing to do with Mahoney and suggesting otherwise is laughable.

Freo’s best interests is to land a key forward something you’ve been trying and failed to do in the last 4-5 years. Finally after years of trying you had hogan in your grasp and failed to land him.

We don’t want to get rid of hogan, but see the opportunity to trade him if he wanted to go home.

No media beat up on this, at the moment you have royally stuffed up.

If you think hogan is such a talent then pay up what other clubs like Collingwood, Adelaide and we have done over the past years to recruit the players we wanted.

Dont reckon this is done and dusted just yet. 5 days to go still leaves plenty of wiggle room.

If GC soften their demands a touch on May there is every chance we could also with Hogan.

Melbourne, GC, Brisbane and Freo football departments right now....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, I’m just staggered at what Freo are doing.

I dont blame them honestly, gotta try to get a player as cheap as you possibly can. But they are barking up the wrong tree. Not sure they understand that unless GC are happy to give us May for pick 11 it won't be happening.

I dont blame them honestly, gotta try to get a player as cheap as you possibly can. But they are barking up the wrong tree. Not sure they understand that unless GC are happy to give us May for pick 11 it won't be happening.

They are playing amateur hour, and looking at short term gains with no thought to the longer term consequences.

I REALLY don't like the media announcements. Its pretty unprofessional.

lol, Tim Kelly's management saying That he'd rather play out his contract at Geelong then go to Fremantle.

This is badly blowing up in Freo's face

Can't be that big of a deal to go home to Perth, then. Wouldn't be impressed by that if I were a Geelong fan.

Nuffie alert on the Freo trade thread. From a norf supporter no less lol :

"Still think you guys get Hogan but this is genius from Peter Bell , getting the best deal possible by puting the squeeze on Melbourne . He knows Melbourne are happy to let Hogan go , he knows they are desperate to get May in and he also knows that Melbourne have already planned for Hogan to be traded out by trading in Pruess on a 4 year deal .
All this goes out the window if Hogan stays . Also it sends a message to Brisbane that Neale won’t be traded unless it’s for overs .
Freo hold all the cards here . Very clever Mr. Bell ... very , very clever ."

"Still think you guys get Hogan but this is genius from Peter Bell , getting the best deal possible by puting the squeeze on Melbourne . He knows Melbourne are happy to let Hogan go , he knows they are desperate to get May in and he also knows that Melbourne have already planned for Hogan to be traded out by trading in Pruess on a 4 year deal .
All this goes out the window if Hogan stays . Also it sends a message to Brisbane that Neale won’t be traded unless it’s for overs .

Thats groin guru isn't it

GDay lads.
Bell was thrust into the role. I think his training was watching the movie ‘Draft Day’.

That said Bell is no idiot. There’s an end goal here. He’s playing the laws of supply and demand.

Lastly, not sure how Freo keep getting mentioned as holding up proceedings of other deals. That the biggest kid of nonsense I keep hearing. We’re not here to facilitate other deals.

If Melbourne wooed May on the premise they’d trade Hogan? Well I see that as a major * up by Melbourne. They openly chased May and even said they can’t afford both. I mean seriously? As if Freo were just going to hand over 2 firsts at the drop of a hat.

We’re also within our rights to squeeze more out of Brisbane.

I think it will all get done but I can also see Melbourne taking 11 and 23 now.

If Neale gets done for 5 and change I can see the offer just being 5.

Despite the bluffing I do honestly feel there’s a seriousness in not going hard at Hogan.

Yikes.

Luckily, our FD haven't made any public statements on Hogan that could refute any of that.

Oh.

They assume we want May over Hogan. They assume we can't live without May. They assume we don't want to keep Jesse.

Muppets.

GDay lads.
Bell was thrust into the role. I think his training was watching the movie ‘Draft Day’.

That said Bell is no idiot. There’s an end goal here. He’s playing the laws of supply and demand.

Lastly, not sure how Freo keep getting mentioned as holding up proceedings of other deals. That the biggest kid of nonsense I keep hearing. We’re not here to facilitate other deals.

If Melbourne wooed May on the premise they’d trade Hogan? Well I see that as a major **** up by Melbourne. They openly chased May and even said they can’t afford both. I mean seriously? As if Freo were just going to hand over 2 firsts at the drop of a hat.

Despite the bluffing I do honestly feel there’s a seriousness in not going hard at Hogan.

If thats the strategy, then fine. But what this does to the player, and the use of the media to grandstand is not winning any friends. Which is maybe a smart move if you're trying to get the final pieces for a flag on a budget.

But this makes no sense, and borders on unprofessional.

GDay lads.

If Melbourne wooed May on the premise they’d trade Hogan? Well I see that as a major **** up by Melbourne. They openly chased May and even said they can’t afford both. I mean seriously? As if Freo were just going to hand over 2 firsts at the drop of a hat.

You're not going to get us to take 11 and 23 unless GC are willing to take that for May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back