List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That and a stack of low draft picks and those players starting to gel.

Don’t kid yourself buddy.

The wheel turns for all clubs and your ‘holistic’ approach has only now seen your club play finals for the first time in a while.

Funny when you start a discussion trying to look smart an end it by proving you aren't.

I feel for you guys - no I feel for both of us with Freo. I get they want to run a bluff. They say they are walking away from Hogan and they say our deal with 5 and something isn't enough. Its fine to run a bluff only if you can live with the down side. So they don't get Hogan and they keep Neale but they have traded their way out of a super draft which most say has a top 8 elite kids. They will probably get Lobb with their top pick so they are even further out of the draft. So then there is next year, they will finish similar again and have pick around pick 4, Neale will have so many offers under free agency as all clubs now know he is gettable he leaves and they get compensation pick after their first, say pick 5. But now pick 5 is in a weaker draft. Plus if they want to go after Hogan again with pick 4 or any other player then they rick loosing that compensation pick they get for Neale. To me its like they took both shoes off and shot themselves in both feet. Oh and Stephen May, love him as a player, he would be a great get. Us poor Queenslanders only really get the Suns and the Lions games on free to air TV so I've seen a lot of him. Kinda bloke you would want to go to war with.

I feel for you guys - no I feel for both of us with Freo. I get they want to run a bluff. They say they are walking away from Hogan and they say our deal with 5 and something isn't enough. Its fine to run a bluff only if you can live with the down side. So they don't get Hogan and they keep Neale but they have traded their way out of a super draft which most say has a top 8 elite kids. They will probably get Lobb with their top pick so they are even further out of the draft. So then there is next year, they will finish similar again and have pick around pick 4, Neale will have so many offers under free agency as all clubs now know he is gettable he leaves and they get compensation pick after their first, say pick 5. But now pick 5 is in a weaker draft. Plus if they want to go after Hogan again with pick 4 or any other player then they rick loosing that compensation pick they get for Neale. To me its like they took both shoes off and shot themselves in both feet. Oh and Stephen May, love him as a player, he would be a great get. Us poor Queenslanders only really get the Suns and the Lions games on free to air TV so I've seen a lot of him. Kinda bloke you would want to go to war with.

He's also made it his mission to build a rivalry against you guys, think he's been reported 4 times against you lol.

Agree with what you've said completely

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but given Hogan stays is it as simple as moving T’Mac back to the backline and having Sam W and Hogan as our forward targets. This means we do not require May. Also, I’ve hated Scully ever since he deserted us, but gee there is some upside about getting him back for his outside run. His tank is phenomenal.

TMac just kicked 50+ goals for the year and missed the first 5 games, he is our best forward and no way he goes back again.

At this point there's not much difference between Hogan an Scully. Scully got an offer you couldn't refuse and in hindsight left the club at the right time, got us pick 2 and 3 which was awesome.
Hogan stayed but has had a couple of toes out the door the whole time and in reality has played 40 more games than Scully. Thats it.

Hogans not my favourite player I've made that pretty clear and I'd bloody love to see him do a Brayshaw but another year of speculation and him moping around the field isn't exactly best case scenario.

As it is I can't see anyway we can be Succesfull against someone likd Collingwood playing Gawn Preuss Weid Hogan and Tmac.

It looks bad on us if we promise Preuss time and then don't give him a shot

At this point there's not much difference between Hogan an Scully. Scully got an offer you couldn't refuse and in hindsight left the club at the right time, got us pick 2 and 3 which was awesome.
Hogan stayed but has had a couple of toes out the door the whole time and in reality has played 40 more games than Scully. Thats it.

Hogans not my favourite player I've made that pretty clear and I'd bloody love to see him do a Brayshaw but another year of speculation and him moping around the field isn't exactly best case scenario.

As it is I can't see anyway we can be Succesfull against someone likd Collingwood playing Gawn Preuss Weid Hogan and Tmac.

It looks bad on us if we promise Preuss time and then don't give him a shot
Not much difference between Lever and $cully really...

Gentleman, as you are well aware Jesse Hogan can seriously play and we would gladly do a trade with you, but unfortunately, we simply don't have the draft picks we need to make a fair and equitable trade with you guys.

Another year though and Josh Kennedy is a step closer to retirement and Hogan looms as a likely successor. I can all but guarantee the guys at West Coast are plotting this out right now. If Jesse really wants to see out his contract and return home to WA, I hope he has a massive year for you guys. The fremantle folks will be crying with rage if he kicks 60-70 goals for you and then lands at the eagles.

We will see you guys in a year to talk business. Until then, let's hope Jesse plays some great footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gentleman, as you are well aware Jesse Hogan can seriously play and we would gladly do a trade with you, but unfortunately, we simply don't have the draft picks we need to make a fair and equitable trade with you guys.

Another year though and Josh Kennedy is a step closer to retirement and Hogan looms as a likely successor. I can all but guarantee the guys at West Coast are plotting this out right now. If Jesse really wants to see out his contract and return home to WA, I hope he has a massive year for you guys. The fremantle folks will be crying with rage if he kicks 60-70 goals for you and then lands at the eagles.

We will see you guys in a year to talk business. Until then, let's hope Jesse plays some great footy.

At this point id happily trade him to WC for a fair price. Hate the way freo refuse to be mature at the trade table. If it ment losing him for your first next yeat and the yeat after which I assume would be 2x ~15 id do it.

Ahem, he has a law degree
What's the bet it's one of those "help a footballer get a degree" type arrangements though? Or a BA with a major in Legal Studies. He never worked as a lawyer did he? Doubt he passed the bar exam... That was a seriously lame effort on behalf of his club. He drove those negotiations into a ditch.

Hogan missed four games this season, the 2nd strike is four weeks ban.

Melbourne had their resurgence, 80,000 fans showing up and the AFL not needing to pay them anymore... This is the same organisation that warned the bombers before the police raided them the next day.

I don't think any player has been named by the AFL ever that wasn't arrested or tested by ASADA first..

Wowee, they even have a moderator over there that is slinging s**t about Hogan being on two strikes.

Their fans are as conniving and pathetic as their administration. That entire club can get in the bin.

Wowee, they even have a moderator over there that is slinging s**t about Hogan being on two strikes.

Their fans are as conniving and pathetic as their administration. That entire club can get in the bin.

To be fair I'm sure there are players in the AFL on 2 strikes, people just don't want to hear about it.

To be fair I'm sure there are players in the AFL on 2 strikes, people just don't want to hear about it.
Quite possibly, but to make a completely unfounded allegation in a public forum (using incorrect information nonetheless) is extremely poor.

Quite possibly, but to make a completely unfounded allegation in a public forum (using incorrect information nonetheless) is extremely poor.
It's also what i'd expect from people on the internet with nothing better to do

Crazy we'd sell a four week injury as a navicular rather than a standard month out calf injury.

Even crazier that we wouldn't have brought him back for the fifth game we played after his injury.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but given Hogan stays is it as simple as moving T’Mac back to the backline and having Sam W and Hogan as our forward targets. This means we do not require May. Also, I’ve hated Scully ever since he deserted us, but gee there is some upside about getting him back for his outside run. His tank is phenomenal.
TMac is quite comfortably our best tall forward. I’d consider both Hogan and Weid in the backline before sending TMac back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back