List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a bit miffed with this trade earlier today. But after a few drinks now, pretty happy Jesse got what/where he wanted. We got May, who was the main target. Pity we couldn't get another decent pick however.

Here we go.
Some of you campaigners need to go an head butt a ******* mirror, give it a good old Scottish kiss.
HOGAN wanted to ******* leave an wouldn't sign a contract, we had no ******* leverage at all in this deal...NONE.
Next year he would have left for even less and we would have had to pay huge wages for may as a FA.
Josh Mahoney is my hero today, I don't give a * about 'winning trade period' I give a * about winning premierships.

If you remove Hogans 47 goals completely, we still finish 4th for points for. 4TH!!
ADD 8 ******* goals and we finish outright 2nd.

Our team looked at the list and said we have a surplus of forwards and turned it into one of the best lists in the AFL hands down.

We now have a young and senior FB
A young and senior FF
A young and senior ruck

Good riddance to Hogan

i'm pretty happy with the trading we've got done.
this year it became obvious that we had some weaknesses in our list that needed fixing. we are now in the position of contesting for premierships, and bringing in experienced players to strengthen those weaknesses is exactly what we should be doing.
I couldn't help but think most of the year that Hogan was a chip we could now afford to cash in to fix them. go home factor, injury and attitude concerns meant we were never going to get a record deal for him, but what we got was a fair enough deal out of it IMO.
we lost a couple of players where we had depth and then we looked to fix the weaknesses where we didn't. like getting Preuss to solve the problematic back up ruck dilemma and we also picked up a quality key defender in May who will easily slot into the best 22, and some outside run and carry in KK.
now we just need to target a couple of small fast goal sneaks at the draft and maybe try to find a smaller defender or two as well and we'll be looking at a pretty even list from front to back with good competition for spots and with enough depth to cover injuries.
I would have preferred to have kept Kent but the reality is he's been injured a lot in his career, so we're not likely to miss him all that much anyway.

Good point, it pushes everyone down. Lever can do what he was actually brought in for now. I can actually see Frost taking the smalls, a bit like Judy Garland used to do, or Stratton. He just needs to do some footy education as his pre season.
We have a similar backline structure to Hawks and Tigers now.
May = Astbury = Frawley
Lever = Rance = Sicily
Oscar = Broad = Hardwick
Frost = Grimes = Stratton

Are you sure you didn't mean Blake Lively instead of Hardwick? Saying "Oscar = Hardwick" doesn't make it so - they're completely different players, what with one being 195cm key defender and the other being a 180cm small defender.

Devastating Boris heard from your GWS mate yet? Did all go as expected? Is there more to play out picks-wise for us?

I’ve flicked him a txt, but not expecting to hear from him. It’s a pretty ****ed day for them and they will either be in bed or having a few tins not wanting to think about footy.

What I can tell you is that it didn’t go exactly to plan for us from the outside. Also it came out much better for GWS than they could have hoped for.

would throw up watching that if I was a lions supporter, nearly did anyway.

I cannot believe he didn’t thank the lions once. How the * did Collingwood actually let that go out?

Has shot up the list of my biggest pieces of s**t in football.

I cannot believe he didn’t thank the lions once. How the **** did Collingwood actually let that go out?

Dayne Beams *clicks pen* YOU'VE JUST MADE THE LIST!!

Now that this portion of the free agency is done, who do we want/need in the dfas coming up?

I’ve flicked him a txt, but not expecting to hear from him. It’s a pretty ****** day for them and they will either be in bed or having a few tins not wanting to think about footy.

What I can tell you is that it didn’t go exactly to plan for us from the outside. Also it came out much better for GWS than they could have hoped for.

Why do you think it didn’t go to plan? I’m guessing we were keen for a better pick exchange than the St Kilda swap? Also probably a higher pick from freo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

FKKKKKKKKKK U MELB. FKKKKN JOKE OF A CLUB ROLLING OVER LIKE THE SOFT SIDE WE ALWAYS HAVE BEEN. FKKKKN DONE WITH THIS JOKE CLUB PICK 6 AND 23 FOR AN ELITE KEY FORWARD ENTERING INTO HIS PRIME. PATHETIC

Good, you can * off to freo as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was right up there for me once a woman accused him of standing in a room while she was being raped after the 2010 grand final.

Not saying he was guilty of rape but there was a fair stench around that case. The book written about it is called Night Games: Sex Power and Sport.

Anyway, another time and place etc.

Why do you think it didn’t go to plan? I’m guessing we were keen for a better pick exchange than the St Kilda swap? Also probably a higher pick from freo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We wanted to hold 65 for a better pick swap option and thought were hoping to get 30 as well.

I think JM played it ok but he showed too much of his hand early.

Was right up there for me once a woman accused him of standing in a room while she was being raped after the 2010 grand final.

Not saying he was guilty of rape but there was a fair stench around that case. The book written about it is called Night Games: Sex Power and Sport.

Anyway, another time and place etc.

Wtf? Never heard that. Disgusting.

We've got 8 list spots to fill now, I'm a little surprised we didn't sniff around the likes of Hall, Setterfield, even Hannebery or Scully. Would have thought we'd be looking for some depth and experience to complement the side. We've given away a fringe midfielder for next to nothing, traded away another fringe midfielder for a backup ruckman and packed Hogan away for a meh deal and got May and Kolodashnij back in return. Despite the holes we need to fill, we then traded 46 and 36 for 28, or something along those lines. Going to be some solid bin-dipping going on in the next few weeks.

We've solidified the backline and the back up ruck spots, but the likes of JKH and Maynard are now closer to the side, and Lewis and Jones are a year older. We're going to find it hard to cover injuries / poor form in the middle next season.

We've got 8 list spots to fill now, I'm a little surprised we didn't sniff around the likes of Hall, Setterfield, even Hannebery or Scully. Would have thought we'd be looking for some depth and experience to complement the side. We've given away a fringe midfielder for next to nothing, traded away another fringe midfielder for a backup ruckman and packed Hogan away for a meh deal and got May and Kolodashnij back in return. Despite the holes we need to fill, we then traded 46 and 36 for 28, or something along those lines. Going to be some solid bin-dipping going on in the next few weeks.

We've solidified the backline and the back up ruck spots, but the likes of JKH and Maynard are now closer to the side, and Lewis and Jones are a year older. We're going to find it hard to cover injuries / poor form in the middle next season.
Do the 8 list spots only refer to the senior list? Or does it include Rookie selections, because we do have a Cat B coming on board which would make it 7 if rookies are counted in the final lodgement

Are you sure you didn't mean Blake Lively instead of Hardwick? Saying "Oscar = Hardwick" doesn't make it so - they're completely different players, what with one being 195cm key defender and the other being a 180cm small defender.
Woah had no idea he was so short! I thought he was their second lock down? I stand corrected clearly!
But I still think Frost can get a gig as a tall 'small' if he just plays smarter.

Do the 8 list spots only refer to the senior list? Or does it include Rookie selections, because we do have a Cat B coming on board which would make it 7 if rookies are counted in the final lodgement

Rookies as well, I'd think. I think Filipovic was a rookie, not sure on the rest. Cat B rookies are a free hit - don't think they count towards list spots. They're also a hail mary that rarely pay off, except for old mate Blicavs at Geelong. We currently have 23, 28, 54, 62, 91... if we've got six list spots free come draft night, it's going to be as speculative as you can get. The free agents and cheapies have already moved during the trade period, so we'd be throwing lifelines to unwanted delistees if we don't go to the draft.

Cat B doesn’t count to final lodgement.

We have 1 rookie and 7 primary to fill.

Ultimately the list will be 46 (38-40 primary, 4-6 Cat A, 2 Cat B).

Woah had no idea he was so short! I thought he was their second lock down? I stand corrected clearly!
But I still think Frost can get a gig as a tall 'small' if he just plays smarter.

Pretty sure Hardwick was a small forward / midfielder when he was drafted.

I agree on Frost being more versatile, but I don't think our back six resembles Richmond's or Hawthorn's.

Rookies as well, I'd think. I think Filipovic was a rookie, not sure on the rest. Cat B rookies are a free hit - don't think they count towards list spots. They're also a hail mary that rarely pay off, except for old mate Blicavs at Geelong. We currently have 23, 28, 54, 62, 91... if we've got six list spots free come draft night, it's going to be as speculative as you can get. The free agents and cheapies have already moved during the trade period, so we'd be throwing lifelines to unwanted delistees if we don't go to the draft.
Blitz, Cox, McKenna current Cat B.

Austin Bradtke is super exciting. Draft age but qualifies as Cat B, son of sporting stars in both parents, every club in Victoria chased him. Don’t sleep on him.

Right thanks, Now i know a bit more of the finer list workings.

Well asides from the draft we still have the option of delisted Free agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back