List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
who on our list actually has leadership qualities? asked myself that and cant think of many. Besides Lever who looks a natural leader the way he holds himself. Jetta is ya silent achiever who sets an example but not a leader. Oliver when he matures could be next captain but isnt ready for a while, Hogan isnt the sort, Gawn bit of a larrikin. Cupboard pretty bare i'd say.

I dunno mate Its hard to say, would anyone have noticed levers if it hadn't been mentioned ad nauseam?

It's clear Hogan doesn't with his demeanour, but I think the younger generation lacks in these attributes as noticeably as the older blokes.

TMac just reminds me of the banjo playing kid off of deliverance so i just assume hes a dumb ****.
I think both of the Macs are much brighter, and more individual then they appear.

Seriously did LOLat the deliverance thing. I knew TMac reminded ms of someone. Spot on

I dunno mate Its hard to say, would anyone have noticed levers if it hadn't been mentioned ad nauseam?

It's clear Hogan doesn't with his demeanour, but I think the younger generation lacks in these attributes as noticeably as the older blokes.
i was like yeah ******* right he wants to be a captain campaigners dreaming but after watching the adelaide game i was like yeah he has leader written all over him really stood out that game. Most other clubs have younger players you can see who the leaders will be cant really see it with our mob maybe its cause we watch em so much or it is an actual problem and thats why we keep chasing experienced heads

Why not both? Sloane is a Free agent and I don't see Tyson Vince and Lewis in our long term future. Sloane would slot in nicely
what would be sloanes role tho? just be adding another mid paced inside player wouldnt we? i dont like how easily he gets tagged out of games and what sort of price would he be asking? obviously if cheap enough id be keen but doubt he wouldnt have some big offers from saints and north

i was like yeah ******* right he wants to be a captain campaigners dreaming but after watching the adelaide game i was like yeah he has leader written all over him really stood out that game. Most other clubs have younger players you can see who the leaders will be cant really see it with our mob maybe its cause we watch em so much or it is an actual problem and thats why we keep chasing experienced heads

Hard to say mate. I think Petracca and Hogan come across as obvious players who shouldn't lead but then Jack Riewoldt was an immature dick head who's become the spiritual captain and Richmond.
I also think because Jones and Viney are such dominant figures out our club it makes everyone else look inferior.

Sloane isn't even that good. Turned to a pile of s**t everytime he was given some attention. Would take Murphy before him.

Other than Gaff though I think we need some of our own players to step up and become leaders rather than trying to constantly buy them

You’d take Murphy before Sloane?

I don’t think we should even get Sloane but to take Murphy over him :drunk:

who on our list actually has leadership qualities? asked myself that and cant think of many. Besides Lever who looks a natural leader the way he holds himself. Jetta is ya silent achiever who sets an example but not a leader. Oliver when he matures could be next captain but isnt ready for a while, Hogan isnt the sort, Gawn bit of a larrikin. Cupboard pretty bare i'd say.
Viney. But there’s a bit of bucks about him ie my way or the highway.

The other guy who might be a good leader is Hibberd but he might not be interested in all the extra s**t that comes with being a leader. I think he’d be a good foil to a Viney though.
Jones is a terrible leader. Goes into himself as soon as the chips are down. Viney is the opposite of that which I love. If I was king dick I’d have Viney captain with Nev, Hibberd and TMAC deputies.

I have always thought T-Mac was a leader out there on the field. Seems pretty vocal, and clearly sets examples at training. Apart from that it is hard to say, we still have a lot of young kids, inexperienced kids. As they get more confident in their own games at this level they might show more leadership.

You’d take Murphy before Sloane?

I don’t think we should even get Sloane but to take Murphy over him :drunk:

Before you go with your crazy face bullshit why don't you ask why?

Sloane is over rated, he would be more expensive wage wise and would have more competition from Victoria. Wouldn't take either desperately but Sloane i wouldnt want for any reason

Sloane is over rated, he would be more expensive wage wise and would have more competition from Victoria. Wouldn't take either desperately but Sloane i wouldnt want for any reason
I always imagined that was a drunk face. Is it a crazy face?

I was at the Hawthorn game and even though we were being pumped and Lever hadn't really settled, after goals kicked against us, it was Lever bringing the defense together and talking up what needed to change. Was very interesting to see. Even when Lewis in the back six.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with your point re Sloane and a tag, Murphy is much better in that regard, but Melbourne might be one of the few teams that Sloane could go to and not get that much attention.If not tagged he's the better player.

On younger players who could be leaders, I've heard Brayshaw a few times on radio and TV and he always comes across as a very intelligent young man. Obviously his footy needs to find a consistent high level and his priority should be getting past the concussions, but I think he'd be a good leader.

Agree with your point re Sloane and a tag, Murphy is much better in that regard, but Melbourne might be one of the few teams that Sloane could go to and not get that much attention.If not tagged he's the better player.

On younger players who could be leaders, I've heard Brayshaw a few times on radio and TV and he always comes across as a very intelligent young man. Obviously his footy needs to find a consistent high level and his priority should be getting past the concussions, but I think he'd be a good leader.
Agree re Brayshaw - I think he might have leadership qualities

I thought about Gus but being intelligent doesn't necessarily translate to leadership.

I dunno if you need leaders everywhere per se, like if Trac kicks 6 in a big game that probably helps us win more than Lewis pointing at where to set up.

I thought about Gus but being intelligent doesn't necessarily translate to leadership.

I dunno if you need leaders everywhere per se, like if Trac kicks 6 in a big game that probably helps us win more than Lewis pointing at where to set up.
Trac’s best haul is 4 and he’s done that once. He’s only kicked 3 in a match twice. He’s a long way off six.

If Brayshaws were Selwoods you would have Joel
:(
I reckon we used pick 2 on a plodder :(
Now, go & beat the powder puffs 2nite

After last night especially, we need to look at a good pressure small forward.

We seem to always dominate the inside 50s but the ball too often comes straight out.

We also bomb the ball long inside 50 to a pack and never get those easy crumbing goals.

I pray Jeffy gets back into form but even if he does we need another imo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

After last night especially, we need to look at a good pressure small forward.

We seem to always dominate the inside 50s but the ball too often comes straight out.

We also bomb the ball long inside 50 to a pack and never get those easy crumbing goals.

I pray Jeffy gets back into form but even if he does we need another imo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I actually thought we had a huge amount of repeat entries last night, which is usually a sign of good forward pressure. We also had a fair few crumbing snaps at goal, but missed pretty much every one of them, or had them picked off on the goal line.

If I could add one thing it would be someone who would lower the eyes and look for an option inside 50 rather than just blazing away long to opposition players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back