List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this incident will deter the club from pursuing the services of Gaff. If the club has talked to gaff or his management I don't think they will undo their work because it may affect Brayshaw. I don't think Brayshaw is one to hold a grudge and by the time gaff would come into the mfc system a lot of water would have gone uner the bridge.

Its a big if, to be fair. For the first eight years of his career, literally until Sunday, Gaff was seen as an immensely popular and a totally upstanding bloke.

I dont reckon its a big if at all... how would you feel if a bloke disfigured your brothers face in that way and you'd never met him before?

Id be filthy to tell you the truth, he'd want to convince me face to face pretty bloody well that this was a once off. Not sure i could be as forgiving as apparently the Brayshaw's are to be honest.

Hypothetical. But having Gaff meet with Gus as well as Jonesy fanning the flames pretty quick has a tasty smell to it.
If Gaff did come to Melbourne I figure if Gus is okay with it then I certainly am.

He’s furious now, and shocked and upset. He will come back from it and understand at some point. I feel for Gaff a bit. He gets to look back not only on missing a possible premiership, but also on possibly being the reason his team miss out. He’s never going to forget.

I think people are worried about nothing. Gaff an Gus will meet up, gaff will explain his side of the story. Gus will be pissed off but they will shake an move on. Gaff signs for Melbourne and steps into the ring with Gus and Melksham who was a junior boxing prodigy. Melksham beats 7 shades of s**t out of him. The boys laugh about it

By round 1 next year all is forgiven.
To be fair ... they’ll have a few weeks longer than Round 1 for all to be forgiven ...

And just for some clarity, i had a really good mates brother die from one punch that was also completely out of character for the defendant "apparently" ... it hits close to home for me. Perhaps i wouldn't have as strong a feelings about this as i do right now if not for that but i do.

All the character references in the world mean * all to my mate at the end of the day, he'll never see his brother again. :(

So there is strong noise that Gaff was sorted and on his way to us as far back as 8 weeks ago.

Gaff has met with the Brayshaws parents and apparently Gaffs parents have also spoken with the Brayshaws.

You’ll hear in the next few days that Brayshaws accept Gaffs apology and hope people can move past this without being too harsh on him (or something to that effect).

And just for some clarity, i had a really good mates brother die from one punch that was also completely out of character for the defendant "apparently" ... it hits close to home for me. Perhaps i wouldn't have as strong a feelings about this as i do right now if not for that but i do.

All the character references in the world mean **** all to my mate at the end of the day, he'll never see his brother again. :(

Sorry to hear about that mate I kinda figured this topic would touch people in different ways.

Gus would be filthy now and will be filthy for a little longer you would think. But he also talked about how much he idolizes Jordan Lewis, the same Lewis who broke Cripps jaw last year. He's also mates with and supported Bugg.

If Gaff did come to Melbourne I figure if Gus is okay with it then I certainly am.

He’s furious now, and shocked and upset. He will come back from it and understand at some point. I feel for Gaff a bit. He gets to look back not only on missing a possible premiership, but also on possibly being the reason his team miss out. He’s never going to forget.

Yah I feel a little for Gaff aswell, leaves one club in disgrace, is hated by a whole football state and will miss a deep finals run with his current side. Obviously feel for Brayshaw but despite the graphic look of it he will heal and be fine and continue his career.
Meanwhile Gaff will be abused in public by thousands of people and the stigma will stay with him his whole life.
I understand in situations like A11dAtP0w3R mates it's ridicolous to feel for the aggressor but look at Barry Hall, his whole career is practically forgotten due to the staker hit.

So there is strong noise that Gaff was sorted and on his way to us as far back as 8 weeks ago.

Gaff has met with the Brayshaws parents and apparently Gaffs parents have also spoken with the Brayshaws.

You’ll hear in the next few days that Brayshaws accept Gaffs apology and hope people can move past this without being too harsh on him (or something to that effect).

I actually heard about Gaffs parents and Brayshaws, apparently the Brayshaws are actually concerned with Gaff and his parents well being aswell. Sound Like good people.

All the character references in the world mean **** all to my mate at the end of the day, he'll never see his brother again. :(
What a horrible thing to happen. Understand your feelings.

Its alright guys and girls, only happened earlier this year, last year id probably feel the same as the majority of you are right now, thinking this will all be cool by next season. Just yea, that has changed my perspective on things such as this quite a bit. Not that i ever condoned such actions, just that i think of how my mate will never see his brother again because of one act. Makes you appreciate how quickly everything can change and be lost in one punch, even if its a once off by a great bloke.

I actually heard about Gaffs parents and Brayshaws, apparently the Brayshaws are actually concerned with Gaff and his parents well being aswell. Sound Like good people.

Where I heard this, I have absolutely no doubt it’s happened which is why I’m so sure it will all come out soon.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where I heard this, I have absolutely no doubt it’s happened which is why I’m so sure it will all come
It soon.

Hey man I have no reason to doubt you, you had mail on something before if I remember correct?

Finally all those flogs who talk about what teams players barrack for will have some ammunition.

I just get worried about the Cap. I would rather not get gaff and keep our awesome core of players for the next 8-10 years then add gaff and potentially start pushing players out.
There must be a downgraded version of gaff available?

I just get worried about the Cap. I would rather not get gaff and keep our awesome core of players for the next 8-10 years then add gaff and potentially start pushing players out.
Gaff is the Rolls Royce of wingers, he and Scully are the best two at playing outside.

That’s terrible.

Gaff is the Rolls Royce of wingers, he and Scully are the best two at playing outside.

Forgot Smith and the hill boys.

I'm sure the club knows what it's doing. Lewis and Vince will be gone within 2 years. Jones on reduced money etc.

Just consider this:

R: Gawn Oliver Brayshaw
C: Gaff Viney Fritsch

Trac, ANB, Tyson, Harmes, Salem running through

I'm sure Gus and the MFC will get over one indiscretion - that's about as good of a balanced midfield six as it gets.

Forgot Smith and the hill boys.

I'm sure the club knows what it's doing. Lewis and Vince will be gone within 2 years. Jones on reduced money etc.
Smith yeah, the Hills are a step below though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back