List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just get worried about the Cap. I would rather not get gaff and keep our awesome core of players for the next 8-10 years then add gaff and potentially start pushing players out.
There must be a downgraded version of gaff available?
I have the same worry. Accept it's what we may have to give up to when west coast force a trade by matching our offer. But yes cap space is a worry, (we payed a fair chunk on lever too) the only solution is win a premiership then the players will take a pay cut to stay at the club. Like what Jack riewoldt did at Richmond recently.

I have the same worry. Accept it's what we may have to give up to when west coast force a trade by matching our offer. But yes cap space is a worry, (we payed a fair chunk on lever too) the only solution is win a premiership then the players will take a pay cut to stay at the club. Like what Jack riewoldt did at Richmond recently.
I don’t know that they can afford to, especially given how much they shelled out for Gov

Wow, Gus' comments are absolutely scathing in terms of an official footy interview. Very difficult to see Gaff at Melbourne next season if this is how our players feel about it.

Gaff and Gus meeting later this week to hash it out. Brayshaw SNR has called for people to not cast judgement on Gaff. Pretty incredible family they're turning out to be.

And now Robbo just reports on 360 that Gaff and Gus will meet in person at some stage this week to clear the air.... the plot thickens.

(but perhaps Gaff is just trying to do the right thing after hearing Gus today and how upset he was)
I heard that but I actually thought that Robbo was mixing up names. He means Gaff is meeting with Andrew.

So there is strong noise that Gaff was sorted and on his way to us as far back as 8 weeks ago.

Gaff has met with the Brayshaws parents and apparently Gaffs parents have also spoken with the Brayshaws.

You’ll hear in the next few days that Brayshaws accept Gaffs apology and hope people can move past this without being too harsh on him (or something to that effect).

I didn’t think it would be this morning, but there it is. Article is on fox sports right now.

Gaff and Gus meeting later this week to hash it out. Brayshaw SNR has called for people to not cast judgement on Gaff. Pretty incredible family they're turning out to be.

Pretty sure we can owe Clarry's newly developed good habits partly to the Brayshaw's as well.

Clarry lived with them when he first came to Melbourne and they helped him a lot with being stricter with his diet and other healthy lifestyle choices. Guidance that a country boy like Clarry may not have been as exposed to prior to joining the club.

Are you the original caravan salesman. I'm trying to remember what your inside info was

Na I wasn’t the caravan person.

I am fortunate enough to have close friends in journalism, a few afl clubs and player/athlete management.

I’m ok with afl, but I’m unbeatable with swimming hahaha.

Its alright guys and girls, only happened earlier this year, last year id probably feel the same as the majority of you are right now, thinking this will all be cool by next season. Just yea, that has changed my perspective on things such as this quite a bit. Not that i ever condoned such actions, just that i think of how my mate will never see his brother again because of one act. Makes you appreciate how quickly everything can change and be lost in one punch, even if its a once off by a great bloke.

I can understand why it has changed your perspective, I think to often we are far removed from instances such as this because we or our loved ones haven't previously had our lives affected by an incident such as this.

It is sad to think your mate will never see his brother again because some dickhead decided the right way to solve their issue was to coward punch him!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand why it has changed your perspective, I think to often we are far removed from instances such as this because we or our loved ones haven't previously had our lives affected by an incident such as this.

It is sad to think your mate will never see his brother again because some dickhead decided the right was to solve their issue was to coward punch him!

It's a tough one though, surely at the same time you wouldn't want people carrying around that burden an pain either.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mark Brayshaw acknowledges his son contributes slightly to what was an accident.

It's a messed up world when the parent in this situation can be balanced and show more perspective than randoms on the internet.

Society is sensitive about the one punch victims topic at home an from what I read it happens alot at home and it's justified, people involved in that act shouldn't ever see day light again.
Gaff isn't one of those people.

* me campaigners are acting like Gaff tried to take his head off this isnt a Barry Hall punch. this was an accident to belt him in the chest for impeding his run which last time i checked should be a free to Gaff so if the ******* AFL stamped out this bullshit of letting the niggle go on without a freekick then this s**t is gonna happen. No reason for Angus to hold a grudge or us not picking Gaff up cause of a ******* accident.

I think most people have actually been pretty measured on this. Before this week I knew next to nothing about Gaff. Only that he was a pretty good winger for the Eagles who might be worth a look at the end of the year. Since then I have learned the absolute extent of what an amazing bloke he is, and how he made one horrific mistake which shouldn't define him as a person.

I think the outcry is at the result, and the fact that this was an accident in that Gaff was aiming for his body as players do on a weekly basis, makes the incident that much worse. The football world has mostly let players get away with the act of punching to the body and so a culture has festered where players are accepting the minor consequences of doing so. But now we finally can see the consequences of what happens when one of those punches goes wrong.

This is really the heart of the one-punch campaigns. Most punches thrown probably won't have much of a lasting impact, but the ones that do can have lasting affects on lives and at worst ruin them.

So the new draft night format is to spend the whole night picking the first 20 on live TV from club boxes around Docklands. Given we don't have a pick do you reckon we need to show up?

Yeah because there will be live trading too. Carlton might panic and want Balic for pick 1.

I saw that movie Draft Day and you could just tell that they always panic

I think we take Beams and Gaff and there’s wings for the next 4-5.

Years of mental scarring has me unable to come to terms with trade period not being our highlight.

Is Beams even on the table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back