List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z Jones is crap do not want

Feels like this trade thread is alot of
Do not want is s**t!

Let's trade for Gaff Wingard and Steven May this year like it's a ps4 game.

If you go an try an get blokes like Rohan/Hannebury/Jones/Hall etc it's because they aren't considered a superstar this year and thus available.

I've already said it but Vince was a lazy * at adelaide yet no one would reverse that deal
Melksham was just s**t according to everyone and he's become bloody important.

We might not be into any of these players but it's about what they can do for us not what they have done in the past.
Our best 22 is so settled atm that whoever we get would have a very specific role with the best midfield in the game to feed it to him.

Current needs;

Another metres gained midfielder (Brayshaw our only genuine midfield option when Hunt is not playing off half back).

A small forward with elite leg speed and defensive pressure (bonus if he can kick goals).

Future needs;

Young ruck to develop behind Gawn (we can probably wait a few years to chase this).

One more high quality inside contested ball winner (for when Jones is done).

A good quality young KPD stopper (this is potentially Harrison Petty but I suggest we could do with another on the list until we work him out).

Metres ganied mid?
Harmes? Petracca? Baker? Hunt? Etc.

Small forward i agree, seeing WC and Richmond surge up the ladder with Butler Castanga Riolis Ryan etc and I wonder how much better we would be with them.

Young rucks? Filipovic an King?

Jones has played as a wing all year as has Tyson, VDB is also on a wing and Trac is forward.

Petty and Keilty are young while frost Lever an Omac will be around for a long time.

Do not want is s**t!

If you go an try an get blokes like Rohan/Hannebury/Jones/Hall etc it's because they aren't considered a superstar this year and thus available.

I've already said it but Vince was a lazy **** at adelaide yet no one would reverse that deal

We might not be into any of these players but it's about what they can do for us not what they have done in the past.
Our best 22 is so settled atm that whoever we get would have a very specific role with the best midfield in the game to feed it to him.
Fair points, although Vince won a Best and Fairest.

But i can understanding the panic reasoing, when you've grabbed players in the past to hopefully transform, devlop or give them a frest start and they've not worked out. Newton (Sorry juice), Lumumba, Kennedy and Mitchie all kind of spring to mind

Do not want is s**t!

I've already said it but Vince was a lazy **** at adelaide yet no one would reverse that deal

You're kidding yourself if you think Rohan would be any good, 27 yr old journeyman who is a dumb footballer. If you're going to agree with me that Hunts in trouble why would you get an older, shitter version? Also Z Jones is like Rohan but gets a little more of the ball, also has shocking discipline issues.

I'm fine with us being very quiet in the trade period this year, don't have the pieces to do anything of note.

Hannebury to St Kilda is so typical. Saints picking up B grade talent and paying them a mint.

Does any other club overrate their midfielders as much? Maybe Norf?

Hannebury is a 2x AA
Averaged 25 touches 5 times
Over 4 tackles 4 times
Over 4 clearances 3 times

In 2016 his finals average was 28 disposals an 6 tackles which was the 4 games including the GF.

Maybe his knee injury has ruined him but he's still more decorated than our midfield.

Fair points, although Vince won a Best and Fairest.

But i can understanding the panic reasoing, when you've grabbed players in the past to hopefully transform, devlop or give them a frest start and they've not worked out. Newton (Sorry juice), Lumumba, Kennedy and Mitchie all kind of spring to mind

Right but it's also a hell of a lot easier to develop players in a winning team than a losing one, there flaws aren't as exposed an their strengths can be magnified.

Hypothetically Sydney give us Rohan for pick 50 odd then it's no more of a risk than drafting a kid really. As long as you can accept why we are taking the risk then I don't care who we are after I back Jason Taylor an Josh Mahoney on everything.

You're kidding yourself if you think Rohan would be any good, 27 yr old journeyman who is a dumb footballer. If you're going to agree with me that Hunts in trouble why would you get an older, shitter version? Also Z Jones is like Rohan but gets a little more of the ball, also has shocking discipline issues.

I'm fine with us being very quiet in the trade period this year, don't have the pieces to do anything of note.

Pretty much what I said above

Jones is I'll disciplined but so have been many young footballers. Hibberd belted some one in the street in Frankston. People change

I don't particularly think we need anything anymore even our midfield looks quick. Just a small forward and we are laughing.

Hannebury is a 2x AA
Averaged 25 touches 5 times
Over 4 tackles 4 times
Over 4 clearances 3 times

In 2016 his finals average was 28 disposals an 6 tackles which was the 4 games including the GF.

Maybe his knee injury has ruined him but he's still more decorated than our midfield.

Well the moment we transport back to 2016 I'm more than happy to review that statement. But he is now cooked.

Right but it's also a hell of a lot easier to develop players in a winning team than a losing one, there flaws aren't as exposed an their strengths can be magnified.

Hypothetically Sydney give us Rohan for pick 50 odd then it's no more of a risk than drafting a kid really. As long as you can accept why we are taking the risk then I don't care who we are after I back Jason Taylor an Josh Mahoney on everything.

Pretty much what I said above

Jones is I'll disciplined but so have been many young footballers. Hibberd belted some one in the street in Frankston. People change

I don't particularly think we need anything anymore even our midfield looks quick. Just a small forward and we are laughing.
I'll back Taylor as well, but until the time comes it's all speculation. I'll lay my preferences out openly but i'll back Taylor and the coaching staff in once someone is at Melbourne.

From what i've seen of Rohan i have no interest on picking him up, but i'm not a recruiter. If we get him, i'll back him in and if he turns our good i'll eat the humble pie for saying s**t before he got here.

In summary, i'll sway when the time comes

I think people are being picky because the list is in good shape and Taylor has an impressive track record hitting the draft. We could do nothing but go to the draft and still likely be a contender next season (touch wood). Generally speaking, I think the club's philosophy over the next 5 years should try to be like Hawthorn's in that 2010-2015 period -- recruit proven AFL talent to fill clear holes in your list or leave it alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burgoyne was stuffed when Hawthorn got him
Lake was playing forward and finished
Dew was too tall
David Hale was a backup at north
Guerra was an average BP at the saints.
Josh Gibson was over rated at north etc.

It's very easy to s**t on players weaknesses

Hannebury to St Kilda is so typical. Saints picking up B grade talent and paying them a mint.

Does any other club overrate their midfielders as much? Maybe Norf?
When you’re not a destination club you have to pay overs and you have to pay salary cap to someone. Better than over paying your rookies/spuds. Just a matter of whether the punt on Hannebery’s fitness pays off.

St Kilda chasing Hannerbery is such a bad move...
How so? A half cooked Hannerbury would still be their best player. Kind of feels a little like the Bernie Vince trade for us.
At 27? You are certain his career is over at 27 based on the fact he played with a knee injury all year.
Honestly, I hope so. Would love it to blow up in St Kilda's face.

Reckon it's a good move though, St Kilda are garbage, they should take whatever they can get.

Dew was too tall

I agree.

I mean Colin Sylvia was a party boy with many questioning his attitude but then he came to Freo and... wait... ...

Yeah nah, your examples were much better.

Dew was too tall

So you're saying that St Kilda need to get Hawthorn's mature age recruiters?

I wonder if we could get Wingard. Unlikely but he is a jet and would add so much to our side.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Highly doubtful. Wasn't this the same guy who warned all clubs not to draft him unless it was Crows or Power? He'll stay in SA. Plus he's too flakey and a one way runner. Would cost too much for the return you'd get IMO. Do not want..

Highly doubtful. Wasn't this the same guy who warned all clubs not to draft him unless it was Crows or Power? He'll stay in SA. Plus he's too flakey and a one way runner. Would cost too much for the return you'd get IMO. Do not want..
Plus who wants a player at our club called Chad?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Plus who wants a player at our club called Chad?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

f7dc399b1d16a1f747a88f2b65ae81cb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back