List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has been reported he is looking for a deal worth 1mil a year...

The only person in the whole afl organisation getting paid to underperform on that scale is gil
and Tom Boyd

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Full list of delisted players so far; any you'd be interested in?

I'd be happy to rookie Barlow for a year as insurance, personally. Be great if, touch wood, Jack or Clayton got hurt. We can afford to do things like that if we're legitimately in the premiership window.

I'd also love to look at Sam Lloyd if he doesn't re-sign with Richmond, or to trade for Aaron Hall. Maybe Gregson or Freeman as a DFA.

And yes, I'd LOVE Wingard but don't see how we can get him?

I'd give Freeman a year as a rookie if the option was on the table. Wouldn't be against giving Kieran Collins a year on the rookie list either, some big guys take time.

To me, it seems like they're absolutely desperate to win a flag whilst Buddy is still around to vindicate the deal. If I were them, I'd be getting some top young talent in this year to complement their talented rookies and set the list up to challenge in a year or two. They really don't want to/can't afford to ever go down bottom ever again - so a partial rebuild would seem the most sensible option.

I like the idea of Barlow. Good depth, cost us dick all and next to no salary. Someone like Carlton or saints might jump in but if he’s gunning for success we might be in there.

I like the idea of Barlow. Good depth, cost us dick all and next to no salary. Someone like Carlton or saints might jump in but if he’s gunning for success we might be in there.
I reckon he'd take the guaranteed playing time over success to be honest. He'd be a break in case of emergency for us, while he'd be Best 22 for Carlton and St Kilda.

I reckon he'd take the guaranteed playing time over success to be honest. He'd be a break in case of emergency for us, while he'd be Best 22 for Carlton and St Kilda.

Yeah fair enough too. Going to be a quiet off season for us.

At what point do people think Barlow gets a game?

If Lever and Hogan come in then Lewis and either Weid or a small go out.

If it's the small then for arguments sake let's say Tyson goes out.

So if Oliver Brayshaw and Harmes are all unfit for the first game in our side we have Hannan/Petracca/Melksham/Salem/AVB and ANB that don't play significant midfield minutes. So AVB and Petracca go into the midfield.
We are now short 2 forwards and a mid. In the reserves we have Tyson Lewis JKH Garlett Baker Stretch Kent.

Kent Garlett and Tyson come in.

We have no use for another slow inside midfielder who can't play forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would he come to a team to play as a 'backup' though?
He's fringe 1sts at the Swans, would be moving for more game time and more security. Don't think we could offer either.

Man the Swans culture looks like it might be imploding. Buddy's back ended mega-deal is causing headaches. Also Horse is too obstinate to modernise his gameplan.

He's fringe 1sts at the Swans, would be moving for more game time and more security. Don't think we could offer either.

Man the Swans culture looks like it might be imploding. Buddy's back ended mega-deal is causing headaches. Also Horse is too obstinate to modernise his gameplan.
Agree with your first line - Newman would be looking for guaranteed game time if he was to move clubs. Gold Coast seem to be interested in him.

The second line not so much. From what we've heard Sydney have a bit of cap space available following Tippett's retirement (even with $100k carried to 2019), so Buddy's contract isn't really an issue at all. He's only got 2 seasons left of big coin, then the amount drops. The only real point of contention is Jake Lloyd who has been offered somewhere in the vicinity of $650k by another club, believed to be the Suns. Sydney don't value the role quite that highly so there's a gap between our offer and the Suns offer.

The final part about Horse's game plan being shite is 100% true.

Please beat Hawthorn tonight. I'm not fussy on the margin, but if you could do it by about 10 goals that'd be enjoyable.

If the rumours are true Pruess , who can’t get a run in front of an ageing Goldstein , thinks coming to us would get him a run in front of Gawn. Guy is an idiot . Do not want !!

If the rumours are true Pruess , who can’t get a run in front of an ageing Goldstein , thinks coming to us would get him a run in front of Gawn. Guy is an idiot . Do not want !!

Not quite the way I heard it. He wants to either surpass Gawn or force them to select both on form.

Not sure what else he could say other than that. By all accounts he should have passed goldy on form but nth didn’t like him saying he was pissed off with not getting picked.

I'd give Freeman a year as a rookie if the option was on the table. Wouldn't be against giving Kieran Collins a year on the rookie list either, some big guys take time.
Collins is a gun IMO, surprised he was delisted. Big no to Freeman though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back