List Mgmt. 2018 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - The Early Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know these days players can usually get their way when they've decided to move and push comes to shove, but I reckon people are looking way too far into things like whether Gaff sold his house, his girlfriend changing jobs etc.

Leave aside the truth of the rumours for a sec - he's a restricted free agent. For somebody to be packing up their life here in preparation for next year he's taking a big gamble that the club won't match an offer he decides to accept. I believe the club when they say they don't know what he's doing either so I doubt they've given him any such guarantee that they'll let him go.

Maybe some players would take that risk and make those preparations to leave anyway. Sure, he could just move in with someone else for a bit if he has to stay in Perth. Sure, his girlfriend could just find another job here. But who the hell knows? You're trying to hit the dart board from 50m away.

Personally I think he is leaving but I just don't get the desperation for this whole thing to be sorted out immediately and all the tea leaf reading that comes with it. We'll get the decision when he's ready to let us know.

I know these days players can usually get their way when they've decided to move and push comes to shove, but I reckon people are looking way too far into things like whether Gaff sold his house, his girlfriend changing jobs etc.

Leave aside the truth of the rumours for a sec - he's a restricted free agent. For somebody to be packing up their life here in preparation for next year he's taking a big gamble that the club won't match an offer he decides to accept. I believe the club when they say they don't know what he's doing either so I doubt they've given him any such guarantee that they'll let him go.

Maybe some players would take that risk and make those preparations to leave anyway. Sure, he could just move in with someone else for a bit if he has to stay in Perth. Sure, his girlfriend could just find another job here. But who the hell knows? You're trying to hit the dart board from 50m away.

Personally I think he is leaving but I just don't get the desperation for this whole thing to be sorted out immediately and all the tea leaf reading that comes with it. We'll get the decision when he's ready to let us know.
I guess he's keen to know himself.

agree, dont think anyone has a clue what Gaff is gonna do. Its the Afl journalists job to stir up rumours and bullshit and hope people are dumb enough to believe it.

He can always nominate for the draft and get to Vic that way. With 10 Vic clubs and the ability to nominate his contract requirements (dollars/length), odds are he'll end up in Vic as a minimum and quite likely at his preferred club.

Dodoro does indeed have a reputation for being a total flog who is hard to deal with and someone who loves to hijack the trade period.
That said he demanded and first and second rounder for Ryder ( picks 17 and 37).
So that would be the starting point for us to asks them to match.

For what it’s worth I don’t think he will choose Essendon. It he leaves it will be for the best coin ( Which going by media speculation would be North) or he goes to Melbourne to play with the side he supported with the bonus being that they also are a contender.

IMO if there is no announcement by Wednesday 28th of August then he is gone...... if that’s not already the case.

Gut feeling is that he is GONE.
someone remind Gaffy they haven't beaten a top 9 team all season

If Gaff leaves, I suspect it will be to Essendon.

Pick 8 and 34 for Gaff, 69 and 71

Then offer 2019 first for Kelly.

So enter the draft with 8, 20, 34 and 35 and have swapped Gaff for Kelly.

If we are able to draft an elite mid and some decent role players in that bunch we may be setting ourselves up for some prolonged success. #optimisticAF

If we are able to draft an elite mid and some decent role players in that bunch we may be setting ourselves up for some prolonged success. #optimisticAF

I'd also expect us to receive Ports first (or the first they'll demand from North for Polec) or SPP for Lycett.

Yeah but bugger me, imagining waking up one morning, looking in the mirror and saying "I think I want to play for Essendon." Gross.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim gossage reckons Lycett has a strong desire to return home to Port and is more likely to leave than stay. I’m not saying Gossage is wrong but his reaction over the weekend was very weird if that’s the case.

Tim gossage reckons Lycett has a strong desire to return home to Port and is more likely to leave than stay. I’m not saying Gossage is wrong but his reaction over the weekend was very weird if that’s the case.

He's been about as vocal as anyone as sticking our two last-gasp wins over Port right up the locals, last year's from the hill and this year's from the middle. Doesn't exactly scream of someone who has a soft spot for them and wants to go back.

How strange, given Scotts behaviour from the last win.

Its very lazy journalism to be honest.

Lycett has said multiple times in the media this year he has 0 connection with Adelaide anymore and he calls Perth home now.

If he leaves its purely a money/role decision.

Journos reporting port adelaide is his choice due to go home factor is just wrong

TLDR: Gossage is employing an MSU strategy

Thats BS - Gossage just wanted something to say to fill air time and earn his pay. I totally agree with you Vishy, it would have to be extremely weird.

Why would he be celebrating like that only to say to the club "I'm signing to Port after we inflicted so much pain on them over the last two years". I remember him mentioning that he played junior footy for Port Adelaide before he got drafted; but he also stated that Perth's home in the same interview.

I know the his best mate Sam gray plays for Port you don’t see too many players going a club for that reason. Jack Redden has mates at Port but decided to overlook Port completely.

he said in an interview earlier in the year that he liked Perth more than Adelaide and couldn't really imagine moving back home.

I just can't see Slyce leaving. He seems to love the club - surely with NN out next year and no certainty to get back to his best Lycett can bank on being our No.1 ruckman for the foreseeable future.

If having to spend huge money to keep Gaff means we lose Lycett, we should just let Gaff go and bank the compo pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back