List Mgmt. 2018 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - The Early Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We lost those ******* games in the middle of the year because we had two problems.
1. JK was out.
2. We moved Gov forward, creating a weak backline and a guy getting used to forward again. Keep him back next time and bring in Brander/McInnes
JK missed those crucial games, didn't he!

We weren't really in it all year, but the narrow losses against GWS (which I think we would have won had he played out the match) & GC & Melbourne would have seen us top 4. Richmond weren't the best team all year either but unlike us they made the best of the run & were the best team at the right time of the year. Just depressing as that could have been us.

I'm all for Brander to play 2nd tall next year - It was very evident in the games McInnes was playing that he straightened us up. That isn't so much about McInnes per se- I think anyone of his height who is prepared to lead at the ball carrier will draw a defender away from JK & leaves JD to take a 3rd defender that we can exploit in the air.

From what I've heard of his interviews he is more a natural forward. So if he puts in the hard yards this preseason his apprenticeship may start early.

We weren't really in it all year, but the narrow losses against GWS (which I think we would have won had he played out the match) & GC & Melbourne would have seen us top 4. Richmond weren't the best team all year either but unlike us they made the best of the run & were the best team at the right time of the year. Just depressing as that could have been us.

I'm all for Brander to play 2nd tall next year - It was very evident in the games McInnes was playing that he straightened us up. That isn't so much about McInnes per se- I think anyone of his height who is prepared to lead at the ball carrier will draw a defender away from JK & leaves JD to take a 3rd defender that we can exploit in the air.

From what I've heard of his interviews he is more a natural forward. So if he puts in the hard yards this preseason his apprenticeship may start early.
It's just the second ruck + too tall conundrum.

I can't see things working efficiently with our two new KPF recruits until both JK and Darling leave the side one way or another OR Brander replaces Mackenzie and we get rid of the second ruck.

It's unfortunate that we are back to having too many promising KPP but not enough top end midfield talent.

Luckily we didn't pay much for M Allen, Waterman or Vardy because I can't see all of these guys in the squad long term.

Don’t get me wrong we played garbage most of the season, but we also shot ourselves in the foot.

I’m not advocating playing McInnes/Brander Darling and JK, but when darling or Kennedy goes down please by god bring a player in to play forward and not move our two time AA defender forward. Having two headless chooks

2018 potential WA draftees Tom Joyce and Ian Hill are training with the club either this or next week.

Tom Joyce
  • High production midfielder who is an effective contested ball-winner despite a light frame. Was a driving force for Western Australia during the Under-18 Championships averaging 21 disposals per match.
  • Tom Joyce again found over 20 disposals playing through the midfield for Western Australia. The bottom-ager has been one of their standouts so far in the Under 18 Championships and would be one of the leading contenders for their MVP.
  • Bottom age midfielders Tom Joyce (21 disposals, four tackles) and Ian Hill (14 disposals, four tackles) were impressive and will be two likely draftees from the home state in 2018.
upload_2017-12-8_10-20-55.png upload_2017-12-8_10-21-34.png

Ian Hill
  • Starred for Western Australia during the Under-18 Championships with his acceleration, agility, evasiveness, one-touch ground-ball winning and skills humbling opponents. He finds plenty of the football averaging 23 disposals in the WAFL Colts and is a high-impact-per-possession player.
  • Ian “Bobby” Hill was arguably the best player on the ground. His work in the attacking half was very good off the wing. His run was very good on the outside and helped WA run Vic Country off their legs. Going to be a special player and is eligible for the 2018 draft.
  • Arguably Western Australia’s best draft prospect for 2018. Dominated in the Under 16 Championships and the small forward has the capabilities of pushing further up the ground. Is a cousin of Fremantle’s Brad and Stephen Hill. Has a great burst of speed and knows where the goals are. A good ball user on either foot.
  • https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/wa...uiters-stand-up-and-take-notice-ng-b88503768z

2018 potential WA draftees Tom Joyce and Ian Hill are training with the club either this or next week.

Tom Joyce
  • High production midfielder who is an effective contested ball-winner despite a light frame. Was a driving force for Western Australia during the Under-18 Championships averaging 21 disposals per match.
  • Tom Joyce again found over 20 disposals playing through the midfield for Western Australia. The bottom-ager has been one of their standouts so far in the Under 18 Championships and would be one of the leading contenders for their MVP.
  • Bottom age midfielders Tom Joyce (21 disposals, four tackles) and Ian Hill (14 disposals, four tackles) were impressive and will be two likely draftees from the home state in 2018.
View attachment 443347 View attachment 443348

Ian Hill
  • Starred for Western Australia during the Under-18 Championships with his acceleration, agility, evasiveness, one-touch ground-ball winning and skills humbling opponents. He finds plenty of the football averaging 23 disposals in the WAFL Colts and is a high-impact-per-possession player.
  • Ian “Bobby” Hill was arguably the best player on the ground. His work in the attacking half was very good off the wing. His run was very good on the outside and helped WA run Vic Country off their legs. Going to be a special player and is eligible for the 2018 draft.
  • Arguably Western Australia’s best draft prospect for 2018. Dominated in the Under 16 Championships and the small forward has the capabilities of pushing further up the ground. Is a cousin of Fremantle’s Brad and Stephen Hill. Has a great burst of speed and knows where the goals are. A good ball user on either foot.
  • https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/wa...uiters-stand-up-and-take-notice-ng-b88503768z

Somehow, we must get a really early pick to pick up 'Bobby' Hill. He will be a cracker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, just curious little tidbit I picked up the other day- GC were the only club seriously interested in Wil Powell. Might have been rookied but not main draft.

Surprised even Claremont that he went so high.

So much for us "hiding" him.

Also, just curious little tidbit I picked up the other day- GC were the only club seriously interested in Wil Powell. Might have been rookied but not main draft.

Surprised even Claremont that he went so high.

So much for us "hiding" him.

Was it with Will Powell that the WAFL/Claremont put out an article about possible draftees and didn't mention him?

My mrs works at a removalist who has the West Coast account (apparently van berlo's house is average) but CAN confirm gov is going to SA, gaff is moving to st kilda and Naitanui is going back to Fiji.

We lost those ******* games in the middle of the year because we had two problems.
1. JK was out.
2. We moved Gov forward, creating a weak backline and a guy getting used to forward again. Keep him back next time and bring in Brander/McInnes

Yep, nothing to do with our midfield being obliterated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back