List Mgmt. 2018 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - The Early Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the numbers that are getting talked about are true, we'd get band 1. Can't really get too angry. Especially since we all should realise that it's midfields win flags.

So you'd be happy with say pick 12-16 for Mcgovern and pick up say the 7-8th most talented small this draft who even if they are to become an A grader will need 4 years or so to potentially be producing football relative to their position as important to the team as gov does now.

McGovern and Gaff to north Melbourne for three top 10 picks and Simpkin

I have never seem the value in picking players who have decided to leave the club at the end of the season. Cameron for Adelaide and Lever for Melbourne last season were cases in point. If McGovern wants to go to Freo, or is even considering it, I would play him at East Perth. As others have discussed, that shoulder looks very suspect as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you'd be happy with say pick 12-16 for Mcgovern and pick up say the 7-8th most talented small this draft who even if they are to become an A grader will need 4 years or so to potentially be producing football relative to their position as important to the team as gov does now.

That's the reality of the system. Strong chance that compensation is only temporary and will be eventually done away with. Add to that the reported prices and Govs current form and I'm not going to cry about it too much.

What are u smoking. Bring in Hooker?
Absolute trash tonight.

You had the chance to pair smoking with hookah in a magnificent pun but failed miserably. I am disappoint.

Edit: spelling...drunk...

This is just his manager stirring up rumours again. He's the same guy that floated ballantyne to west coast. I reckon Gov is 100% staying, they're just playing games to get more time. I suspect Eagles are holding off as there may be doubts about his shoulders (based purely on speculation from the fact he keeps tweaking them).

Exactly. Govs shoulders look dicey. Its why he is chasing a long term deal and the club would know just how good or not good they are.

So a bit of a poker game being played here.

If Freo want Gov and he wants out fine, send Brayshaw and a first over and the deal is done. Simple.

Exactly. Govs shoulders look dicey. Its why he is chasing a long term deal and the club would know just how good or not good they are.

So a bit of a poker game being played here.

If Freo want Gov and he wants out fine, send Brayshaw and a first over and the deal is done. Simple.
upload_2018-4-17_20-3-42.jpeg

Even if Cameron accepts our next gen academy nomination, wonder if he would eventually likely want to move to Brisbane to play with his brother. Apparently their parents still live in Perth, so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Being a bit short sighted I think. If we select him and if he doesn't want to move to Brisbane and if he has a long career for us, then I wonder how we'll fill the gap after he retires in 15 years.

So Lycett has about 6 suitors and not the Adelaide clubs according to our favourite 6PR reporter.

If it was a choice between gaff+Lycett or gov, I’d keep gov. Gaff will be toughest one to replace (until we get Kelly and coniglio end of 2019 who I think is a RFA). Coniglio will be complicated by Dylan Shiel who if leaves, will free up money.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/04/18/nisbett-comments-on-mcgovern-contract-situation/

“I don’t handle it well,” Nisbett told SEN’s KB and The Doc.

“I’ve never been a great fan of free agency because of the way it’s constructed. I’ve been on record as saying that.

“Having said that, it is on, and Jeremy is a restricted free agent and as a club, we have to deal with his rights and every player has those rights. We deal with that in due course.

“All we want for Jeremy to do is play really good football, which he did on the weekend after a reasonably slow start.

“He was terrific on the weekend and we will keep working with Jeremy to try and get this resolved before the end of the season.”

Interesting comments there.

To me it sounds like WC are wanting his form to improve ( Has been average in the first 3 rounds ) before they offer decent money to Gov.

Even if Cameron accepts our next gen academy nomination, wonder if he would eventually likely want to move to Brisbane to play with his brother. Apparently their parents still live in Perth, so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Depends on how long he spent in Queensland and his level of attachment to the place.

The Weller brothers are an interesting case in point for this.

Originally from Tassie, Maverick was pre-listed by Gold Coast so the whole family moved to Queensland. Lachie as a result spent his formative years in Queensland. Maverick however hated Queensland and moved down to Melbourne. Lachie as we know got drafted by the Durples, hated it and then wanted to move back to Queensland (girlfriend related I think).

So the longer the younger Cameron has spent in Perth the more likely he will want to stay here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/04/18/nisbett-comments-on-mcgovern-contract-situation/

“I’ve never been a great fan of free agency because of the way it’s constructed. I’ve been on record as saying that.

“Having said that, it is on, and Jeremy is a restricted free agent and as a club, we have to deal with his rights and every player has those rights. We deal with that in due course.

“All we want for Jeremy to do is play really good football, which he did on the weekend after a reasonably slow start.

“He was terrific on the weekend and we will keep working with Jeremy to try and get this resolved before the end of the season.”

To me it sounds like WC are wanting his form to improve ( Has been average in the first 3 rounds ) before they offer decent money to Gov.

The issue with Gov isn't his form or potential its his fitness. Every game he gets a knock on his shoulder and looks stuffed holding a limp arm but he seems to come good.

Are his shoulders hanging on by a thread? Will he need surgery in his later years and miss big chunks of the season?

Gov has stated he wants long term security for the family, so maybe he too doubts his longevity in the game.

No way he will get 6 years at $1m from us IMO, maybe 4.

Others will be prepared to pay overs and take the risk.

Tough negotiation.

The issue with Gov isn't his form or potential its his fitness. Every game he gets a knock on his shoulder and looks stuffed holding a limp arm but he seems to come good.

Are his shoulders hanging on by a thread? Will he need surgery in his later years and miss big chunks of the season?

Gov has stated he wants long term security for the family, so maybe he too doubts his longevity in the game.

No way he will get 6 years at $1m from us IMO, maybe 4.

Others will be prepared to pay overs and take the risk.

Tough negotiation.
I mentioned a few weeks back that I’m happy for us not to match any overly long term or overly expensive offers for Gov.

We already have a diabolical record of KPP and players in general falling off a cliff after they hit 29-30 years of age.

Gov will be 27 this time next year, and, while he hasn’t missed many games through injury, he doesn’t fill me with much confidence as being someone whose body will hold up well into his 30s.

I reckon he knows this too and that’s why he wants a long ass deal

Come on - he has form. He is back to back All Australian so has really good form and consistency for nearly 3 years. I cannot believe we were reluctant to offer decent money to him.

I presume we are playing a waiting game with him so that he can see the silly offers from Norf, Blues and Saints, then take a look at the caliber of the lists at these clubs to then realise he really wants to be an Eagle for Life. It feels like he will be on serious money but you do not pay a CHB franchise tag money. It must be under the million if we are talking long term.

If gaff was going to go anywhere, St Kilda would seem the logical destination. They have the salary space and will have the draft picks to compensate us with

If gaff was going to go anywhere, St Kilda would seem the logical destination. They have the salary space and will have the draft picks to compensate us with

How do people still not get how free agency works?

Lever's poor form is great for us with the Gov. A good intercept marker is brilliant, but not worth that price.

Gov is 25, 6 years at 800 doesn't sound so bad. Maybe 6 @ 700.

Moving a young family is a lot to ask, so i can only see Freo making an acceptable push. But if they want Hogan and Fyfe has already taken a pay cut for the team, how much can they honestly afford to pay without breaking their list?

He'll stay and i hope we retain Gaff, but he's in great form so regardless Gaff's pushing his asking price up every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back