List Mgmt. 2018 Trade & Draft Review

Are you happy with our trade and draft outcome?

• Yes

Votes: 81 63.3%
  • No

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 26 20.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
two things, at the 8:10 mark you hear on of the carlton guys say 'he's desperate' referring to Justin Reid which i think is so funny, also i dont rate Stocker all that high and for Carlton to rate him at No 6 in this draft they really do have rocks in their heads, the main reason why we didnt get stoker was because we dont need an inside player right at the moment
Stoked for Carlton’s needs was about the 6th best option for them! Walsh, Luko, Rozee, Smith, Caldwell, Stoker. Luko is a rare breed and Rozee has the scope to play inside as he develops. Smith, Caldwell and Stoker are all Quality Mids Carlton needed. Stoker at 19 is a bargain, I think you’ll find if they had 5 picks within 15 or 20 he would have been taken by them.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How were the crows going to take Duursma at 19 when they asked to swap picks with Carlton at pick 16!!!!

I’m not sure how this is even possible for you to think otherwise. Even the Carlton fans are laughing at Reid trying to get the deal done because SOS was saying we need to know he will be available at 19 so just wait
You idiot! Carlton initiated this deal, so they had the upper hand! It all depended on Stoker still being there for Carlton at 19, so it NEVER was going to happen at 16 or 17 anyway!!! If however...
1) Port did the deal with Carlton at 18, or
2) Fremantle or Port chose to pick Stoker first,
Then the deal with the Crows was off!!! So what would Adelaide have done with pick 19 then? This is the Cal Twomey sliding doors statement that Duursma was their next pick option.

Geez!

Last edited:
How were the crows going to take Duursma at 19 when they asked to swap picks with Carlton at pick 16!!!!

I’m not sure how this is even possible for you to think otherwise. Even the Carlton fans are laughing at Reid trying to get the deal done because SOS was saying we need to know he will be available at 19 so just wait

They offered to do the deal for 19 at 16 because they knew they were picking McNeade at 16. So what they were trying to do was stitch up the deal before Carlton was assured of getting Stocker, because they believed as we did that Fremantle was heavily into Duursma and they didn’t want Carlton going to Port with the same deal (which they did anyway).

When Fremantle passed on Duursma with 17, suddenly it became a real possibility that he would still be available at 19...and if he was (if Port did the Carlton trade), Adelaide would have been happy with him. They just didn’t want anyone else.

I sincerely hope we do our best to ensure you finish as close to Carlton as possible next year so your trade is as crap as possible.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
im surprised just how quick we shot that trade down....
not saying i would have taken it but it was BAM......
are we not to confident in ourselves next year? or are we that happy to have got Duursma?

im surprised just how quick we shot that trade down....
not saying i would have taken it but it was BAM......
are we not to confident in ourselves next year? or are we that happy to have got Duursma?

We don't rate next year's draft enough to want to give up Duursma and our 2019 first round pick for Carlton's 2019 first round pick.

Duursma can help us win a flag in 2019 if all the stars align.

Jul 11, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No, you are wrong! Adelaide had two options, and they were happy with either! The report is they were after Duursma at 19, but then Carlton offered the deal, which you correctly mention the Crows were happy to do earlier. If Stocker was then taken by Freemantle at 17, or Port at 18, according to Cal Twomey, the Crows were then going to take Duursma.

What is so hard to understand?
No crows were not happy to do it earlier at their pick 16 at all. Carlton wanted to do it @ 16, Reid says no.

Crows wanted that McHappy meal kid.
Then Reid constantly pesters SOS (totally expected, he seems like a winey little bitch) to do the deal @19 but wants to do it earlier than the actual pick 19 time slot to get it locked away. Carlton wanted to wait as they thought PA may do it and they needed to ensure that Stocker was there @19.

This is very easy to understand, unfortunately for your appears that you don't get it!

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No crows were not happy to do it earlier at their pick 16 at all. Carlton wanted to do it @ 16, Reid says no.

Then Reid constantly pesters SOS (totally expected, he seems like a winey little bitch) to do the deal @19 but wants to do it earlier than the actual pick 19 time slot to get it locked away. Carlton wanted to wait as they thought PA may do it and they needed to ensure that Stocker was there @19.

This is very easy to understand, unfortunately for your appears that you don't get it!
Are you talking to me, or the Crow's pest that can't stomach the thought of the Crows wanting the same player Port were after?

GoPorts

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Are you talking to me, or the Crow's pest that can't stomach the thought of the Crows wanting the same player Port were after?
unnamed (7).gif

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
They offered to do the deal for 19 at 16 because they knew they were picking McNeade at 16. So what they were trying to do was stitch up the deal before Carlton was assured of getting Stocker, because they believed as we did that Fremantle was heavily into Duursma and they didn’t want Carlton going to Port with the same deal (which they did anyway).

When Fremantle passed on Duursma with 17, suddenly it became a real possibility that he would still be available at 19...and if he was (if Port did the Carlton trade), Adelaide would have been happy with him. They just didn’t want anyone else.

I sincerely hope we do our best to ensure you finish as close to Carlton as possible next year so your trade is as crap as possible.
******* lol McNeade

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

You have your semantics all twisted to hell here mate! The Crows did want to do it at pick 16 ... AT pick 16, not WITH pick 16! Think about it ... there is a big frigging difference! Carlton wanted to do it WITH the Crows pick 16, but Reid said no, however he wanted to go ahead and do the deal right then & there using their #19 pick at that time! To which Sos says no, they only want to do the deal if they are guaranteed to get there slider.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Holy s**t, how is it possible that you can understand but the other guy can’t. I thought like you that is pretty straight forward

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Holy s**t, how is it possible that you can understand but the other guy can’t. I thought like you that is pretty straight forward
Look you know-it-all tosser - Answer one question. If Carlton decided not to make the deal for Stoker, did the Crows have a player in mind to pick at 19? If so who?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Look you know-it-all tosser - Answer one question. If Carlton decided not to make the deal for Stoker, did the Crows have a player in mind to pick at 19? If so who?

Can you not have a conversation without name calling? I believe that is a show of weakness.

I’m not sure who the crows were going to take that is inner sanctum stuff. All I am going by is that as soon as Adelaide picked McHenry they called Sos immediately to the point of nearly harassing him to trade for next years first. That suggests that they were a lot more interested in next years pick then the rumour of Duursma. It really isn’t that hard to follow

Aug 16, 2009
Latvia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Can you not have a conversation without name calling? I believe that is a show of weakness.

I’m not sure who the crows were going to take that is inner sanctum stuff. All I am going by is that as soon as Adelaide picked McHenry they called Sos immediately to the point of nearly harassing him to trade for next years first. That suggests that they were a lot more interested in next years pick then the rumour of Duursma. It really isn’t that hard to follow

Rumour of Duursma ??

Duursma himself is on record saying he was fairly certain he'd end up in Adelaide either way.

Was no rumour.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Rumour of Duursma ??

Duursma himself is on record saying he was fairly certain he'd end up in Adelaide either way.

Was no rumour.
Duursma to win rising star stocker to come 2nd carl finish above adel to much to ask? Problem is adel have 4 wins before season starts thanks to gill.

He was seen looking at properties in the Brighton/Somerton area well before draft night.

Jul 11, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You have your semantics all twisted to hell here mate! The Crows did want to do it at pick 16 ... AT pick 16, not WITH pick 16! Think about it ... there is a big frigging difference! Carlton wanted to do it WITH the Crows pick 16, but Reid said no, however he wanted to go ahead and do the deal right then & there using their #19 pick at that time! To which Sos says no, they only want to do the deal if they are guaranteed to get there slider.

You are way too passionate about this.

Jul 11, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes you. You have misread that "crows pest" post, seemingly over and over. See your "are you Fremantle?" opening line of the entire correspondence. Constant reiteration by you over and over on your interpretation of the point the camry poster is trying to make isnt doing anything for the perceived intelligence of our supporter base, hence my intervention.

Some respite for you though, it's clear Duursma was Adelaide's next pick at 19 if Freo or Port took Stocker which would have meant the Carlton deal was off.
I'm not sure that that was ever disputed.
The Carlton trade, however, took precedence over Duursma in Reid's plans for #19.

Anyway, time to move on.

Last edited:

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Some respite for you though, it's clear Duursma was Adelaide's next pick at 19 if Freo or Port took Stocker which would have meant the Carlton deal was off.
I'm not sure that that was ever disputed.
The Carlton trade, however, took precedence over Duursma in Reid's plans for #19.

Anyway, time to move on.
Well, that was the point of the argument, which is in dispute because he continues to deny it!

You are right ... end of story.

Back