List Mgmt. 2018 Trade & Draft Review

Are you happy with our trade and draft outcome?

• Yes

Votes: 81 63.3%
  • No

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 26 20.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
I didnt think st kilda looked unprepared at all.
Yeah I think people are over playing it.

They knew the men they'd consider upgrading for they had the price points set and were just throwing up what they'd offer to pull the trigger.

They also clearly knew who'd be open to trades and who wouldn't, and had their targets set.

Definitely shows it is as basic as we all think from the outside though. There's no reason many of us couldn't do these roles and swapping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Burton Ernie :)
200.gif

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
I didnt think st kilda looked unprepared at all.

Im missing the sarcasm here. I'm shocked at how amateur they were. Even the phone calls had zero selling power. They are no different to big footy trading. And what the * is with second rounders having to be included in all deals??

Im missing the sarcasm here. I'm shocked at how amateur they were. Even the phone calls had zero selling power. They are no different to big footy trading. And what the **** is with second rounders having to be included in all deals??

What part was amateur? The discussion around the potential Port trade wasn't amateur. There was nothing amateur around the Caldwell discussion. The Max King stuff wasn't amateur. The RCD was interesting and they showed they weren't prepared to get screwed over.

I'm not sure what people are expecting here.

What part was amateur? The discussion around the potential Port trade wasn't amateur. There was nothing amateur around the Caldwell discussion. The Max King stuff wasn't amateur. The RCD was interesting and they showed they weren't prepared to get screwed over.

I'm not sure what people are expecting here.

They first say that they won’t trade their future first for 10/11 unless they get a future second back - which is ludicrous and delusional. If you want to trade into a strong top ten you’re going to get back a third or fourth maximum.

Then Adelaide wanted to do St Kilda’s 2019 first and 35 for 61 and 19. Instead of being prepared to say “We’ll do a swap of 2019 firsts and 35 for 19” straight away, they had to go away and discuss it, which left the door open for Adelaide to talk to Carlton.

If they had been ready, Adelaide would have done that deal. The deal the Crows agreed to was a swap of future firsts with Carlton for 19...St Kilda was throwing in 35 as well for the same trade, but Reid was so arrogant that he didn’t even want to listen - probably because he already had the deal with Carlton lined up.

You’re talking a team that just added Walsh, McGovern, Setterfield and Stocker vs a team that added Max King, a crocked Hannebery and Dean Kent.

I know who I would have been trading with - even with the injury setback.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
After watching Carlton being decisive about who they were after, and being fully prepared with back-up plans and strategies ... By comparison, St Kilda looked pretty lame IMO, they were more deer-in-the-headlights with the new system.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-12-12/draft-night-drama-suns-play-highstakes-game-to-get-their-man
The Suns' war room makes for good viewing too. They know their man, and go though multiple strategies to land him.

Yeah. That was interesting. Funny guys! They knew what was going down. Good to see they expected duursma to be rated. Multiple scenarios. No panic. Kept in touch with trading partners. Understood the needs of the opposition and trading partners. Rationales for their decisions. Got a result they were happy with in their circumstances.

I thought it emphasised how disorganised St Kilda were on the night. James Gallagher has only been in the job for a short time and was a banker who did a bit of work in the amateur league.

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
Yeah. That was interesting. Funny guys! They knew what was going down. Good to see they expected duursma to be rated. Multiple scenarios. No panic. Kept in touch with trading partners. Understood the needs of the opposition and trading partners. Rationales for their decisions. Got a result they were happy with in their circumstances.

I thought it emphasised how disorganised St Kilda were on the night. James Gallagher has only been in the job for a short time and was a banker who did a bit of work in the amateur league.

Well, said

Back