List Mgmt. 2018 Trade & Draft Review

Are you happy with our trade and draft outcome?

• Yes

Votes: 81 63.3%
  • No

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 26 20.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
So are St Kilda, Carlton and Gold Coast the only 3 clubs that made these videos? Any other clubs?
Callum Twomey mentioned 4 clubs in a tweet but i think that's referring to the giants pre draft meeting
he also said there would be other short videos from the said 4 clubs

Callum Twomey mentioned 4 clubs in a tweet but i think that's referring to the giants pre draft meeting
he also said there would be other short videos from the said 4 clubs
Have I overlooked GWS's vid anywhere? Can't find it.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
As much as I'm not a fan of Hinkley, I think we may have dodged a bullet with Dew. I know the Suns have never exactly been a great club, but they've gone backwards at a rate of knots since he arrived, and he's made some baffling decisions along the way. I still can't understand for the life of me what happened with Jarryd Lyons.

Rigs

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Reece Homfray‏Verified account @reecehomfray 1h1 hour ago
First full day at Port Adelaide’s pre-season camp in Noosa. Broadbent up & about, Rockliff back in competitive stuff, SPP cleaned up by big Atley tackle, Hartlett flying and Rozee & Butters look
1f44c-1f3fb.png
guest appearance by Roger Delaney too. Stories to come @TheTiserSport

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm guessing Dew leaves the scouting and recruiting to everyone else and he just focuses on who is on his list.
That's fair enough. Player types is all he needs to have some input into, for what sort of side he wants to build. Our worst recruiting was when Choco had too much sway over it.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Stewy is a gun on match day. Was definitely in charge of the box during his time at Sydney. Horse well know for his indecision... I think he'll go alright.
Yep, most of the senior couches have a relatively minor role on draft night, it's just that he looks more like he manages a British dart throwing team, rather than elite AFL side! Last year was a wipe out with the Suns, this year will tell us a bit more about Stuart Dew, AFL coach.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
For what it's worth, I think of the lads we have drafted ROZEE is by far the best and that's no offence to the other lads because this one is just real good, daylight second.

WOODCOCK protects the ball beautifully (which is an art on it's own) and is a goalkicker who, most importantly, loves kicking them from set shots and could develop into a really deadly, efficient player in the forward lines.

BUTTERS is OK but seems to lack a yard but he has good vision and awareness and has lovely balance which will take him a long way.

DUURSMA seems a handy, good size player.

GRUNDY seems to read the play well but really needs to improve his kicking. Looks good overhead and a good size and definitely one for the future if he can improve his kicking.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
For what it's worth, I think of the lads we have drafted ROZEE is by far the best and that's no offence to the other lads because this one is just real good, daylight second.

WOODCOCK protects the ball beautifully (which is an art on it's own) and is a goalkicker who, most importantly, loves kicking them from set shots and could develop into a really deadly, efficient player in the forward lines.

BUTTERS is OK but seems to lack a yard but he has good vision and awareness and has lovely balance which will take him a long way.

GRUNDY seems to read the play well but really needs to improve his kicking. Looks good overhead and a good size and definitely one for the future if he can improve his kicking.

Grundy is a 99% defender/spoiler and 1% attack/move out of defence.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Spot on with the Woodcock bit, it's in the lap of the gods as to whether he will be good enough to make it at AFL level, but I can recall another poster suggesting some time back that he could be the most natural small forward we have ever had on the Power list.

Big call, but he showed some very good signs that he could be above the ordinary in the sanfl gf.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Spot on with the Woodcock bit, it's in the lap of the gods as to whether he will be good enough to make it at AFL level, but I can recall another poster suggesting some time back that he could be the most natural small forward we have ever had on the Power list.

Big call, but he showed some very good signs that he could be above the ordinary in the sanfl gf.

Yeah, I recall him kicking set shot goals from where the 50m arc meets the boundary - on either side of the goals. I don't know if the wind was strongly favouring the hill end that day, but it was impressive kicking for such a young/small fella.

But he could kick. He could hit a team mate 35-40 meters away.

Who, Talia? Nah. Right up there with the absolute worst clanger merchants in the AFL. That's why he has so few kicks, because the Crows don't want him kicking it and not should they.

Back