List Mgmt. 2018 Trade/FA & Draft Thread Part IV [JP✔️ JPII✔️ Hall✔️ BScott✔️ Tyson✔️ Clarke➡️ Preuss➡️ RedÓg✔️]

Is Dan Menzel worth a spot on an AFL list?

• No Dan, we have enough injury plauged forwards

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Deserves a spot on a list somewhere, just not North

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Rookie only

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • He'll kick five in a final for us, must get

Votes: 23 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

so if TT gets a bid at pick 10 we need 1116 points (20% Discount) to Match.

Pick 31 (606), Pick 42 (395), Pick 48 (302) is required to match.

with remaining 187 points going with 170 points from pick 58, giving us a total of 357 usable points, adding the 197 discount points for academy players, we can match any bid after 34 for Bailey. if we delist Morgan we get another 58 points to use and we can match any bid after 30.

our remaining one or two picks would be very late in the draft

bid matching by us and other clubs will lower our later picks and increase their values.

187 turns into pick 57 (182 points).

We wont delist anyone for 58 points, we will just go into deficit and it will discount our future pick (if he gets a 2nd round bid it will drop the value of our 2nd round pick, 3rd round bid our third round pick, etc).

We wouldn't want to have our first round pick diluted. In theory, if GC bid pick 19 (1st round) for him and we needed 751 points to match we could trade out pick 68 plus our 2019 2nd and/or 3rd round pick to get the 569 extra points this year. We wouldn't need the extra list spot if we keep it to 4 picks during the bidding process.

As long as Scott doesn't go in the first round we can just go into deficit for his entire amount, since we traded out our future 4th round pick we could go into deficit by around 1700 points, which isn't going to happen. The amount you can go into deficit is reduced if you trade out future picks, we only traded out a 4th round pick so far and that has little value, 19 points.

As long as Thomas doesn't attract a top 5 bid and Scott doesn't get a 1st round bid, we can pretty much match any other bid on Thomas and we can let the deficit come from next year after the first round.

We would need all of our current picks, including 68, to match a pick 5 bid. We are up s**t creek if he goes higher than 5. We would have to try and trade our 2019 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Worst case scenario Thomas goes top 4 and Scott gets a first round bid, we would likely lose Scott and would have to sell the farm re future picks to get Thomas. We left ourselves very thin on points.

I assume we are going to give GC pick 68 to GC for Hall.

With a bit of luck, Thomas will get something like a pick 15 bid (1,112/889) bid and Scott 30 (629/432). 31 & 42 used on Thomas and we get 63 back (112). Picks 48 & 58 used on Scott and we get pick 70 back (39 points). We are left with picks 63 and 70 and 2 spots left. I assume we would attempt to take the ex Freo Clarke as a ruck backup. We theoretically do not need to fill the last two spots with senior players, we can take a full allotment of rookies instead.

Or to choose another pop culture series, we've just finished the North Melbourne Trade Thread and the Prisoner of Gaffkeban, in which Andrew proved he was a rat animagus all along.

If this one is as remarkably accurate as the last one, this thread will last as we navigate the maze of the home and away season, before finally putting our hands on the Premiership Cup, only for it to be revealed that it's a portkey planted by Demtriou who's finally managed to send us to the graveyard, i.e The Gold Coast to reincarnate that football club.
You know you're getting old when you have to get your daughter to translate pop culture references for you. She thought it was funny by the way.

High priorities - get Hall and have points and picks for Thomas, Scott and late draft options we fancy

Lower priorities - if possible, take advantage of any other opportunities to fill holes in our list

No priority - make decisions with reference to Hawthorn's or anyone else's choices. We are not here to mimic or sideswipe other clubs going about their own list changes.

Can someone do the exact workings out for GCS so we can see if they have abundance of picks they can throw our way.

So if we trade one of next years late picks for him can they trade some of this years surplus picks along with Hall if they have them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone do the exact workings out for GCS so we can see if they have abundance of picks they can throw our way.

So if we trade one of next years late picks for him can they trade some of this years surplus picks along with Hall if they have them.

So we give them pick 68 and they give us Hall and a pick in the 40’s!?! Even if they aren’t using it there members would flip out.

There is a lot of chatter about why they club hasn't gone after Scully, but no one knows if this is true or not, but I ask the question, if you had a choice of trading in Scully now at the expense of Kelly in 2019, who would you choose ? Because that maybe the reality of the situation at hand.

We’d be doing them a solid by taking Scully off their hands due to salary cap issues.

The Hall deal and the swapping of picks that come with it or after it is going to surprise a lot of people.

Are we talking about trading out our second for a couple of 3rd rounders to get more points in

In a good or bad way?

I thought it would be something like that but I think it will need to be one of next years picks otherwise it could be seen as manipulating the draft.

If we trade next years late pick they have the scope to use it and we get their left over picks they aren’t going to use this year.

So we give them pick 68 and they give us Hall and a pick in the 40’s!?! Even if they aren’t using it there members would flip out.
They have members?

There is a lot of chatter about why they club hasn't gone after Scully, but no one knows if this is true or not, but I ask the question, if you had a choice of trading in Scully now at the expense of Kelly in 2019, who would you choose ? Because that maybe the reality of the situation at hand.
Well usually you have all the answers. Why not answer your own question?

Kelly next year, simple. Let the new blokes bed in, sort out the game plan with whatever changes happen courtesy of the peanuts at AFL HQ and then hey presto. How old is Scully, 104? A lot of miles in those legs and if his ankle is cooked well he loses a big part of his arsenal as a running footballer. Imo.

The Hall deal and the swapping of picks that come with it or after it is going to surprise a lot of people.
I'd love for us to find a way to pick up GC's pick 29 in the Hall trade.

If May goes for a top 10 pick there's a solid chance they won't be using it. Might need to dip into next year's picks though

so if TT gets a bid at pick 10 we need 1116 points (20% Discount) to Match.

Pick 31 (606), Pick 42 (395), Pick 48 (302) is required to match.

with remaining 187 points going with 170 points from pick 58, giving us a total of 357 usable points, adding the 197 discount points for academy players, we can match any bid after 34 for Bailey. if we delist Morgan we get another 58 points to use and we can match any bid after 30.

our remaining one or two picks would be very late in the draft

bid matching by us and other clubs will lower our later picks and increase their values.

We need more points. They better not * this up. I wouldn’t be surprised if they trade some 2nd & 3rd round picks in this year for our future 2nd & 3rd.

Back