List Mgmt. 2018 Trade/FA & Draft Thread Part IV [JP✔️ JPII✔️ Hall✔️ BScott✔️ Tyson✔️ Clarke➡️ Preuss➡️ RedÓg✔️]

Is Dan Menzel worth a spot on an AFL list?

• No Dan, we have enough injury plauged forwards

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Deserves a spot on a list somewhere, just not North

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Rookie only

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • He'll kick five in a final for us, must get

Votes: 23 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Important to have more than just 1 target

Priority 1 Josh Kelly
2 Stephen Coniglio free agent
3 Stephen Hill free agent
4 Jack Billings out of contract
5 Jack Martin out of contract

Argh the famous JS - never knew they were the initials of just the first name of our 2019 harvest

Port supporter tells me pittard has a fair bit of upside
Not a bad kick as such but can make dumb decisions
And goes at it pretty hard

I think he will be in the 22round 1

He's on the fringe's I reckon and could make it(particularly with Thompson already an out). I wouldn't be surprised either way and he has a whole preseason to stake his case, should be in his peak fitness and development wise.

Could he play as a genuine winger?

I think so (from the little I've seen) but the question is do we need him to? We're probably more lacking where he's played his best football previously off HB with Polec, Higgins the more obvious wing players. Even Lmac probably pretty well suited to a wing. More options in these roles is a good thing though, for too long we've had lots of the extended midfield locked into limited roles which means the pressure for positions sits on only a few players IMO. First pre season in quite a while that I'm really interested in getting down to see as much as I can.

I think so (from the little I've seen) but the question is do we need him to? We're probably more lacking where he's played his best football previously off HB with Polec, Higgins the more obvious wing players. Even Lmac probably pretty well suited to a wing. More options in these roles is a good thing though, for too long we've had lots of the extended midfield locked into limited roles which means the pressure for positions sits on only a few players IMO. First pre season in quite a while that I'm really interested in getting down to see as much as I can.

One of the things that’s held us back when we were challenging was the inflexibility of our list. I think (hope) our football department has recognised that and have recruited accordingly.

I’ll definitely pop in and have a look as well. Genuinely intrigued what our best 22 will look like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sweet... I have a feeling he'll do enough with Kyron to get in those rookie spots.

Never really understood why Morgan was recruited last year given the number of similar players we had back then, and now we have even more of them with the addition of Polec, Hall and Pittard (which is what pushed out Hibberd, Clarke etc). I thought he went ok in his limited opportunities, but he just seems to far down the pecking order.

Kyron on the other hand seems to be quite unique on our list and in my view could be a Stringer style “package” given his athleticism and power. I understood that a condition of the delisting was a rookie spot guaranteed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Menzel to Sydney surprises me - I guess within the confines of the SCG it is a tad easier to pressure defenders

Pressure is not so much an issue for Sydney because they constrict teams as they progress down the ground. They need more reliable goal kickers when Buddy has a bad to poor day.

Menzel to Sydney surprises me - I guess within the confines of the SCG it is a tad easier to pressure defenders

It doesn't overly surprise me. They look like a team that has run out of spare cash due to some big long contracts and they're frantically trying to plug holes in the list.

It doesn't overly surprise me. They look like a team that has run out of spare cash due to some big long contracts and they're frantically trying to plug holes in the list.

Oh come on now. You're suggesting they're both policed by city hall and self-funding?

Back