List Mgmt. 2018 Trade, Free Agency & Draft thread MK II [Polec ✔️ Hall ✔️ Gaff ❓ Newman ❓]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've probably forgot someone and I've gone rather tall in defence.

B: Williams - Tarrant - EVW
HB: Daw - McKay - Murphy
C: Gaff - Jacobs - Polec
HF: Hall - Wood - Anderson
F: Simpkin - Brown - Ziebell
RR: Goldstein - Cunnington - Higgins
I/C: Newman, Ahern, Dumont and Walker

Assumed Trades: Wright, Clarke and Pruess
Edited for fun :-D

I think we might see a lot more of Higgins rolling through half forward again next year for this very reason.....
100% agree. I might also be in the minority but i think Ahern has to go back to VFL and work on the defensive side of the game. Has a huge future and upside but is a liability if things arent going our way in the middle. When LDU has the fitness base and gets up to the tempo he'll be a well rounded player.

I can't see why we wouldn't hold out for 27 re- Polec, and I can't see Port calling our bluff in a draft loaded with S.A. talent.

100% agree. I might also be in the minority but i think Ahern has to go back to VFL and work on the defensive side of the game. Has a huge future and upside but is a liability if things arent going our way in the middle. When LDU has the fitness base and gets up to the tempo he'll be a well rounded player.

Go back to the VFL? This is Scotts we are talking about...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan Shiel to the Hawks.

I dont rate Shiel nearly as high as most, he a poor mans Treloar even, he is quick, big and powerful, but he's basically 25% Dangerfield, the guy just isn't damaging with the ball.

Kudo's to Clarkson though.

He knows how to re-energise a side. I'm not sure O'Meara will work out how they wanted though.

But getting Mitchell, O'Meara and Shiel in consecutive seasons is a fair effort.

Say what when did that happen? Everyone has been sprouting that he is the mastermind behind Gaff, Polec and co
When it was reported back in June Gubby was working with is, it was reported it was only going to be a 3 month term. He literally came in and identified with Joyces what our weaknesses are and who our targets were.
Gubby obviously being good mates with Brad was a big coup as to why he came on board and interestingly enough he utilised old mate as the selling point in luring Andrew, Jared and Aaron across.
The work was done weeks ago so no real reason as to why Gubby would stick around, especially if the Saints would financially reward him handsomely.

I figured Moore leaving was making room for that.

They're brain dead if they let Moore go. Especially with the age of Dunn, Scharenberg's injuries and potentially losing Langdon as well.

I think he's going to make a quality defender, he's probably got the best closing speed in the comp and he looked infinitely more comfortable down back.

May and Moore has the potential to be a quality duo. (Even though May will go to Melbourne imo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back