List Mgmt. 2018 Trade, Free Agency & Draft thread MK II [Polec ✔️ Hall ✔️ Gaff ❓ Newman ❓]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May also be able to Stream it via afl app, haven't checked but you could last year

No biggie.

GR is light seconds behind with the news, and he cuts out all the bullshit.

Trying to look at it realistically:

10 + 39 for Polec + 27
Clarke for Newman
82 for Hall
2019 third for Ellis (we take on full salary, potentially re-negotiate the deal)
Gaff in as a free agent
Wright out as a free agent
Preuss + 54 for 43 + 51

Would leave us with picks 27, 28, 43, 51, 64

27 and 28 likely become around 30 and 31 after compo etc, which would cover any Thomas bid from 13 onward. The other three picks, adding compo, would be the equivalent of around pick 31, which would go close to covering Scott if he nominates us. Otherwise, we'd have two picks and then can use 67 on a mature ruckman like Campbell or Clarke.

Still think we'll do something unexpected. I also expect if Scott does nominate us we'll try and find a couple more picks in the 30-50 range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If someone has done a mock 22 please share

I've probably forgot someone and I've gone rather tall in defence.

B: Williams - Tarrant - EVW
HB: Newman - McKay - MacMillian
C: Gaff - Jacobs - Polec
HF: Hall - Wood - Higgins
F: Simpkin - Brown - Ziebell
RR: Goldstein - Cunnington - Ahern
I/C: Daw, LDU, Dumont and Anderson

Assumed Trades: Wright, Clarke and Pruess

Last edited:

HB: Daw - McKay - MacMillian
HF: Hall - Wood - TT
F: Simpkin - Brown - Turner
RR: Goldstein - Cunnington - Higgins
I/C: Newman, Ahern, Dumont and Anderson

Waaaay too big in defence mate.

Trying to look at it realistically:

10 + 39 for Polec + 27
Clarke for Newman
82 for Hall
2019 third for Ellis (we take on full salary, potentially re-negotiate the deal)
Gaff in as a free agent
Wright out as a free agent
Preuss + 54 for 43 + 51

Would leave us with picks 27, 28, 43, 51, 64

27 and 28 likely become around 30 and 31 after compo etc, which would cover any Thomas bid from 13 onward. The other three picks, adding compo, would be the equivalent of around pick 31, which would go close to covering Scott if he nominates us. Otherwise, we'd have two picks and then can use 67 on a mature ruckman like Campbell or Clarke.

Still think we'll do something unexpected. I also expect if Scott does nominate us we'll try and find a couple more picks in the 30-50 range.

If Wright is angled to the Gold Coast, he may be traded in a straight swap for Hall.

Picking up Wright could potentially dilute the Lynch deal, even Wrights relatively modest contract could potentially move it from Band 1 to Band 2.

I'd be angling this if I were the club.

If Wright is angled to the Gold Coast, he may be traded in a straight swap for Hall.

Picking up Wright could potentially dilute the Lynch deal, even Wrights relatively modest contract could potentially move it from Band 1 to Band 2.

I reckon it would take a 3 year deal to move Sam, and I can't see any club offering it.

HB: Daw - McKay - MacMillian
HF: Hall - Wood - TT
F: Simpkin - Brown - Ziebell
RR: Goldstein - Cunnington - Higgins
I/C: Newman, Ahern, Dumont and Anderson

Wouldnt expect TT to start and would hope to start seeing LDU in more regularly who i believe has the highest ceiling of the lot.

I reckon it would take a 3 year deal to move Sam, and I can't see any club offering it.

Hard to say without knowing our offer.

We may only have 1 on the table.....

Either way a pick in the 80s isn't worth any points so it's much of a muchness.

i think the Polec deal is the most intriguing. I've been conservative but it will be interesting how much we will push to get back. Quite a few possible combinations of picks, and that's assuming a third club doesn't get involved.

Wouldnt expect TT to start and would hope to start seeing LDU in more regularly who i believe has the highest ceiling of the lot.

I think we might see a lot more of Higgins rolling through half forward again next year for this very reason.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back