List Mgmt. 2018 Trade, Free Agency & Draft thread MK II [Polec ✔️ Hall ✔️ Gaff ❓ Newman ❓]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANDREW GAFF
Sam Edmund: “It sounds as though he’s made the decision, ‘I’m just going to knuckle down for the next week or two at the Eagles, park it, and come back to it when (the season is) done’.”

Sounds done....why mention "at the Eagles".....if genuinely undecided, its simply "I'm just gonna focus on doing whatever I can to help the boys/club whatever for the next week or two, then make up my mind"

newman was really impressive in his first year. i rate him.

didnt see much of him this year. did he get injured? form drop off?

Jeez I'm torn between St fiddler giving up top picks v Sydney getting top picks.
If there was a way that Sydney could completely duck up a draft pick then I'd go with that, but it's highly unlikely they'd stuff up.

Sydney will be there abouts every year with or without top picks from St Kilda, very well run club. Id rather keep laughing at St Kilda.

....and if they stop to count the towels they just laugh and walk away.
I'm ******* worried about the reports of a sauna going in.

Going to look like a steamer full of savaloys.

Summary from a Swans fan:

- Poised and good decision making but technically limited ball use (will find the good option but not hit the precise one).

- Not a huge amount of leg speed, pretty good in defensive 1v1s and can play outsized.

- Solid small defender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stats from last year (2017) for Newman

• 78% tackling efficiency - 3rd best of the top 200 for tackle attempts.
  • 5.1 intercepts - 1st for anyone to spend at least 55% of game time on the wing.
  • Swans scored 31% of time from his intercepts - 3rd best of the top 100 intercept players.
  • Was almost 400 metres gained per game.
His tackling alone would get him a game with us.

Should be a moneyball, Newman. Question is whether he takes Morgan's spot or Wright's if it goes ahead.

I reckon both are in a spot of bother. I don't mean that disrespectfully to either of them and think Wright has something to offer still, but I just feel there won't be anymore sacred cows when it comes to list management.

newman was really impressive in his first year. i rate him.

didnt see much of him this year. did he get injured? form drop off?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/sl...e/news-story/b4199a1b3bdac5a922c17b90d82ac139

The Sydney defender had received the eleventh hour call up to replace Ollie Florent for the club’s Round 8 clash against North Melbourne.

After being dropped twice in the early stages of the season, Newman knew he had to seize his opportunity or face another agonising stretch in the NEAFL.

And grab it with both hands — not to mention that piercing left foot of his — Newman did.

The Mornington Peninsular boy racked up 35 touches and 11 marks across halfback, earning four coaches’ votes and his first win in the process.

All making sense now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back