List Mgmt. 2018 Trade, Free Agency & Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be that they've got too many flashy types that demand the ball and not enough that learnt to scrap their way through games.

Thats the biggest problem I think for them as players, they're all stars in their own right, but I don't get the feeling they're a team. You look at North play, or Richmond etc. these are guys who play as a team. GWS just doesn't have that.

As for Patton, I don't think he'll be back to his best, two ACLs cut your best in half for good.

Thats the biggest problem I think for them as players, they're all stars in their own right, but I don't get the feeling they're a team. You look at North play, or Richmond etc. these are guys who play as a team. GWS just doesn't have that.

As for Patton, I don't think he'll be back to his best, two ACLs cut your best in half for good.
But that's the other side of it they've all got time to mature. If I was managing GWS I wouldn't be banking on the future (though they do have good young up and comers) I'd be pushing for a flag with that core group that they've managed to keep so far.

Davis, Kelly, Scully, Greene, Lobb missed good chunks of the season. Kelly and Greene are AA's. The other 3 are very good players too. Hard to replace those guys.

When we lost 5+ of our best players in 2016 we got "found out" apparently. Not sure why it's different for them except that in both cases it suits the narrative the wider AFL community like.

I really hope that doesn't apply for Ahern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What brought up the discussion?

They were talking generally about players leaving clubs-the main focus was on the player needs to make sure they choose the right club.
paraphrasing,
There was mention about how it was classy that Kelly went down the Judd route and stayed to help the club that drafted him, but with the expectation of returning home.
Then someone (I think Gaz) said, well look at last year everyone thought why would Kelly leave gws to go to North when everyone expected North to struggle and Gws to be in the hunt for a flag, and now North look like they’re pretty close. To which Wheatley responded, That the 2 year contract extension came with a handshake agreement that he’d be going to North one the contract was done. The others agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back