List Mgmt. 2018 Trade, Free Agency & Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A million bucks is silly money. Sure he got 32 last night, but how many made any difference? 12?

My guess is he has been offered 6 x $ 700K by WCE. The 6 years takes him up to when he turns 32. That offer is already at break point IMO. I'd consider offering him another $100K, but only with a 5 year contract. $800K absolute max.

I'm not aware of benchmark salaries to comment on numbers but would pay 60-70% of the "swing for the fences" Kelly/Martin money for him. Which is roughly where you landed too.

Yep, that would do nicely. I struggle to see Freo doing any better than our 1st round pick this year for him. Possibly a fringe player thrown in.

Not sure who we could move on with the requisite value. Would be happy to do a 2018 1st round + 2019 2nd round to make it happen while giving Cerra a nice 3 or 4 year carrot on decent coin to make it worth his while.

Not sure who we could move on with the requisite value. Would be happy to do a 2018 1st round + 2019 2nd round to make it happen while giving Cerra a nice 3 or 4 year carrot on decent coin to make it worth his while.

Declan would definitely get a spot on Freo's list. So would a few others on our list. Freo doesn't exactly scream depth.

Cerra's coin won't be any great issue, placating Freo will be the decider to get Cerra back east.

The way I look at it is, who could give Freo a better deal?

Tim Kelly wants to get back west apparently, but would he and Geelongs 2nd best pick (~50), get thge deal done ahead of us with pick 12 and perhaps a player? I doubt it.

Tim Kelly wants to get back west apparently, but would he and Geelongs 2nd best pick (~50), get thge deal done ahead of us with pick 12 and perhaps a player? I doubt it.

Fair dinkum?

I don't give a tinker's cuss about Geelong but on the surface that is massive mental squib territory. You plead for an opportunity trying to convince everyone you're not a flight risk then get the opportunity and become a flight risk? Nice one (if true).

Hawthorn is falling behind in the chase for out of contract Gold Coast forward Tom Lynch, according to the Herald Sun’s Sam Edmund.

The Hawks, along with Collingwood and Richmond, have been the three clubs reportedly interested in Lynch, and Edmund has updated how the race is going. “Tom Lynch and Collingwood is the pairing that we keep hearing over and over again,” he told SEN Breakfast. “Hawthorn, apparently, he is not interested in Hawthorn.”

Edmund also says Jake Lloyd, who is out of contract at the end of the season, is facing some financial barriers at Sydney. “Jake Lloyd, unhappy up at the Swans with a contract offer that has been made his way,” he said. “He wants some more and a new offer is not great either.” Former Melbourne captain Garry Lyon says the Swans offered Lloyd “thin sheets”.

Defender Nic Newman is also “unhappy” at the Swans, according to Edmund.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/21/edmund-provides-lynch-lloyd-newman-contract-update/

Fair dinkum?

I don't give a tinker's cuss about Geelong but on the surface that is massive mental squib territory. You plead for an opportunity trying to convince everyone you're not a flight risk then get the opportunity and become a flight risk? Nice one (if true).

Hear its mainly being generated by his partner wanting to be closer to her family.

Hawthorn is falling behind in the chase for out of contract Gold Coast forward Tom Lynch, according to the Herald Sun’s Sam Edmund.

The Hawks, along with Collingwood and Richmond, have been the three clubs reportedly interested in Lynch, and Edmund has updated how the race is going. “Tom Lynch and Collingwood is the pairing that we keep hearing over and over again,” he told SEN Breakfast. “Hawthorn, apparently, he is not interested in Hawthorn.”

Edmund also says Jake Lloyd, who is out of contract at the end of the season, is facing some financial barriers at Sydney. “Jake Lloyd, unhappy up at the Swans with a contract offer that has been made his way,” he said. “He wants some more and a new offer is not great either.” Former Melbourne captain Garry Lyon says the Swans offered Lloyd “thin sheets”.

Defender Nic Newman is also “unhappy” at the Swans, according to Edmund.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/21/edmund-provides-lynch-lloyd-newman-contract-update/

Lloyd would be a great get for us. Newman I'd like too, he was great last year, and has plenty of upside to get him on the cheap right now.

We should 100% target Jake Lloyd. Offer something Sydney can't match.

What can they match? Their TPP's must be very tight. I'd throw him $20k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Former AFL Coaches Association president Danny Frawley has revealed Melbourne has sat down with Carlton captain Marc Murphy’s management regarding a potential move to the club.

The 30-year-old is out of contract at the end of the year and reportedly weighing up his options. Frawley believes two teams are right in the hunt for Murphy, with one having already spoken to his management. “There’s a side here tonight, Melbourne, they’re looking closely at Murphy as well,” he told the AFL Nation pregame show. “Melbourne and Murphy’s management have had a bit of a chat. “Geelong is starting to like the fact that Marc Murphy hasn’t signed yet at Carlton as well. “He’d be a great get for any clubs, look at Bryce Gibbs at Adelaide.” Murphy has only played four games this year with foot injuries keeping him off the park.

What?

It's a draft news story posted in a draft news thread.

Lol, yeah, not having a go at you. Just how funny it was that you only had to say Danny Frawley to explain away the dopey bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back