List Mgmt. 2018 Trade, Free Agency & Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure trading Goldstein would be great for our chances of getting Gaff and/or Polec.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would have zero bearing on his decision.

I'm tipping the contract, coming home and his father's health have a bit more weight than a 30 year old ruckman, especially when we have a viable backup in the vfl.

Would have zero bearing on his decision.

I'm tipping the contract, coming home and his father's health have a bit more weight than a 30 year old ruckman, especially when we have a viable backup in the vfl.

I guess it depends on how the club has presented the sales pitch. If we are going with a flag tilt in 2020 I can see Goldstein being a part of that.

Let's say the narrative was " Look we'll have one of the top palm ruckman, we'll have arguably the best player in the comp who has already agreed to come home, one of the top extractors in the comp, gun bookends, and a number of very promising youngsters coming into their prime in Ahern, Simpkin, LDU, etc".

Goldy staying may not be THE factor, but at this point in time it may help in selling the dream.

Food for thought, but purely supposition of course

AFL has clarified tonight the pre-draft priority pick is a thing of the past. Good news. Some clubs have claims on a draft pick after the first round (pick 19 onwards) but not before. Blues, Suns will apply. If the Lions win a fifth game this weekend does that count them out?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Weren't they gone years ago?

Am i missreading this? It doesnt change anything regarding PP early in the 1st round as far as i understand

Essendon coming out and expressing they're interested in Shiel? If he was on the market to move, (which I've heard him saying specifically he's not, and he's 100% going to be at GWS next year), I'd expect that North have already inquired about him.
Order of preference of players;
1. Dylan Shiel
2. Andrew Gaff
3. Jared Polec
4. Aaron Hall
5. Scrub Atley

Weren't they gone years ago?

Am i missreading this? It doesnt change anything regarding PP early in the 1st round as far as i understand

Agreed.

Melbourne media beat up courtesy of an Andy Maher hypothetical on SEN today.

Carlton and Gold Coast applying for a pick may have some basis in reality, the rest was bullshit.

And the frustration. There's been time when Goldy was physically and mentally wrecked and the selection committee still kept picking him. He's lucky he wasn't wrecked like Blacky

He’s shown this year why he was given games when his form dipped.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting one and wondering what all your opinions are on the bloke - Hugh Goddard, out of contract and no new deal yet.

Had a stack of injury issues (finally back this weekend), but reckon with Tarrant, Daw, McKay, EVW and Thompson (just for next year) in front of him, he'd have time and space to get his body right ala Ahern.

If we decide Nielsen and/or Durdin should be moved on and a range of others are traded, worth a look with the spare picks we recieve?

Was taken at 21, injury plus form stuff over four years, worth maybe somewhere between pick 35 - 50? Thoughts?

Agreed.

Melbourne media beat up courtesy of an Andy Maher hypothetical on SEN today.

Carlton and Gold Coast applying for a pick may have some basis in reality, the rest was bullshit.
Yeah i was listening. Seemed highly fanciful. But this is the AFL we are talking about.

Who would actually be surprised if it happened

Interesting one and wondering what all your opinions are on the bloke - Hugh Goddard, out of contract and no new deal yet.

Had a stack of injury issues (finally back this weekend), but reckon with Tarrant, Daw, McKay, EVW and Thompson (just for next year) in front of him, he'd have time and space to get his body right ala Ahern.

If we decide Nielsen and/or Durdin should be moved on and a range of others are traded, worth a look with the spare picks we recieve?

Was taken at 21, injury plus form stuff over four years, worth maybe somewhere between pick 35 - 50? Thoughts?
Possibly, but I think we are a little top heavy, so I dont have a problem with dropping a tall for a small.

I really like him and have often asked my dad where he's at as I rate him but keeps getting injured.

I wouldn't bother myself. A bit of a Jesse Smith

Essendon coming out and expressing they're interested in Shiel? If he was on the market to move, (which I've heard him saying specifically he's not, and he's 100% going to be at GWS next year), I'd expect that North have already inquired about him.
Order of preference of players;
1. Dylan Shiel
2. Andrew Gaff
3. Jared Polec
4. Aaron Hall
5. Scrub Atley

We will be keeping GWS as happy as possible in the next 12 months, which would include not approaching Shiel.

We will be keeping GWS as happy as possible in the next 12 months, which would include not approaching Shiel.

I’d imagine there could be some give and take there. Kelly stays an extra 2 years, they make his move to North as smooth as possible, we don’t target their other OOC guns.

Gilligan would be so hanging to give his beloved Saints a priority pick as well. Hanging. :stern look
I think it's only his wife that barracks for the dwarves? But in today's day and age.....

To be fair, when Goldstein is in good form it’s going to be hard for Pruess to get enough game time to prove himself.
Yep I agree, but Goldenstien stunk it up last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back