List Mgmt. 2018 Trade, Free Agency & Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently something on Fox tonight about Kelly and St Kilda. Not received well on twitter by Saints.

How would a rebuild go with, Isaac Heeney, Callum Mills, Harris Andrews, Jeremy Finlayson, Jacob Hopper, Matthew Kennedy, Eric Hipwood, Harrison Himmelberg, Ben Keays, Will Setterfield, Jack Bowes, Harry Perryman and Connor Ballendan on the list

Potentially add in Nick Blakey, Bailey Scott, Matthew Walker, Tom Matthews, Caleb Graham, Cooper Portelli, Ben Kelly and James Peatling.

This Qld/NSW academy bullshit needs to end. Immediately.

How would a rebuild go with, Isaac Heeney, Callum Mills, Harris Andrews, Jeremy Finlayson, Jacob Hopper, Matthew Kennedy, Eric Hipwood, Harrison Himmelberg, Ben Keays, Will Setterfield, Jack Bowes, Harry Perryman and Connor Ballendan on the list

Potentially add in Nick Blakey, Bailey Scott, Matthew Walker, Tom Matthews, Caleb Graham, Cooper Portelli, Ben Kelly and James Peatling.

I'm yet to be convinced that they achieved anything through their own hardwork since concessions have been given to them for their entire existence.

Yep, I think he worded the first version badly, then created a new tweet. First one read more like stuff about him moving clubs.

My bad folks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind an academy that actually helps kids like Isaac Heeney get into footy in a town like Newcastle that's not only rugby/soccer mad, but actively anti-AFL (Heeney has spoken about copping s**t for playing footy) but the Blakey thing is just a rort.

We're also doing OK out of our Tassie academy.

I don't mind an academy that actually helps kids like Isaac Heeney get into footy in a town like Newcastle that's not only rugby/soccer mad, but actively anti-AFL (Heeney has spoken about copping s**t for playing footy) but the Blakey thing is just a rort.

Are you referring to academies that are financed by AFL money?

We're also doing OK out of our Tassie academy.

Tarryn Thomas is a complete and utter statistical outlier. An aboriginal kid in Tasmania is no comparison at all. How do you think Tasmania and NSW are going to play out over the long term? What club in their right minds wouldn't swap Tarryn for Heeney, Mills & Blakey.

I'm yet to be convinced that they achieved anything through their own hardwork since concessions have been given to them for their entire existence.

Sydney should just incorporate an asterisk in to their logo and be done with it.

The reason this doesn't irk Sydney supporters is because they don't have any concept of club integrity whatsoever.

A bigger issue to them is someone booing Adam Goodes. They are the very definition of cultural lightweights.

Sydney should just incorporate an asterisk in to their logo and be done with it.

The reason this doesn't irk Sydney supporters is because they don't have any concept of club integrity whatsoever.

A bigger issue to them is someone booing Adam Goodes. They are the very definition of cultural lightweights.

Attend any game including a final in Sydney and you soon understand how deep their passion and knowledge runs.

Reference: 2014 prelim, they were pouring out of the stadium in droves from half-time in what was about to be a thumping WIN....

People bagged Eddie, John Elliott etc - if you want to learn about sheer unabashed, unjustified, myopic self-entitlement from a club figurehead, just watch 30 seconds of any Richard Colless interview.

I'll give it to him though, their culture certainly has his fingerprints all over it.

Tarryn Thomas is a complete and utter statistical outlier. An aboriginal kid in Tasmania is no comparison at all. How do you think Tasmania and NSW are going to play out over the long term? What club in their right minds wouldn't swap Tarryn for Heeney, Mills & Blakey.

Odds aren't great for us given 150 years ago the colony went out of its way to exterminate the entire local aboriginal population. There's not a great deal of immigration going to Tas either...

Odds aren't great for us given 150 years ago the colony went out of its way to exterminate the entire local aboriginal population. There's not a great deal of immigration going to Tas either...

It's bullshit.

It's not an opposing point, it's a deflection (not pointing that claim at you MA).

This is very true.

Attend any game including a final in Sydney and you soon understand how deep their passion and knowledge runs.

Reference: 2014 prelim, they were pouring out of the stadium in droves from half-time in what was about to be a thumping WIN....

People bagged Eddie, John Elliott etc - if you want to learn about sheer unabashed, unjustified, myopic self-entitlement from a club figurehead, just watch 30 seconds of any Richard Colless interview.

I'll give it to him though, their culture certainly has his fingerprints all over it.
I want to like this post 1000 times.
I left that game vowing never to go to the football in Sydney again.

So your all fighting the good fight I was told. When will the petition start over the academy advantage Victorian clubs have over WA/SA clubs?

I would tread very carefully O little northern red and white ringed cocktopus.

So your all fighting the good fight I was told. When will the petition start over the academy advantage Victorian clubs have over WA/SA clubs?
We're always fighting the good fight, your mob just gets it handed to you on a platter by the AFL, tell your non-story walking pal.

Cost of living in Victoria higher than WA, SA and soon to be NSW with so many migrating south to be part of a real city.

At this rate all Victorian clubs will need COLA.

Especially because it's going to be hard for Vic clubs to retain all those NSW originated players that were expected to pump into the system after 30+ years of rorts.

Fact check: 1x Sydney based player national drafted in 2017. Yay all those concessions are finally producing fruit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back