Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I read it and it's one trade with three teams.
But why can't it be 2 seperate trades?

If Freo are giving up pick 5 for Kelly and a 2nd rounder (Lol but lets pretend it happens) why do they care if it goes to St Kilda or Geelong?

We need a fiction section on this thread for posts like the above. 'He'll happily come back' even though MM asked to be leave the Crows before the trade period has begun, while asking for to be traded to the very specific team of somewhere in Victoria. Yep, reeks of a player who doesnt want to leave. Meanwhile Lachie has only expressed interest in exploring the option of being traded and is only interested in going to one team offering a contract that would guarantee his financial future. Apples and oranges.
Wait - Mitch just wants to go to a club that will pay him what he wants. He hasn't named a club because his manager doesn't trust that Carlton has the assets to get a deal done, and doesn't want Mitch left hanging like Gibbs was.

Very astute and mature.

If McGovern was so full of hate, why did he come to the B&F and have a fantastic time? Why was he all cheers on the last game of the year?

He announced that he wanted a trade during his exit meeting. When else should he have said it?

C'mon, show a bit of common sense.

Wait - Mitch just wants to go to a club that will pay him what he wants. He hasn't named a club because his manager doesn't trust that Carlton has the assets to get a deal done, and doesn't want Mitch left hanging like Gibbs was.

Very astute and mature.

If McGovern was so full of hate, why did he come to the B&F and have a fantastic time? Why was he all cheers on the last game of the year?

He announced that he wanted a trade during his exit meeting. When else should he have said it?

C'mon, show a bit of common sense.
I didnt say MM was full of hate. Far from it. I said his situation was different to the situation that Neale and Tim Kelly were in because neither of those two had said they wanted to be traded yet and I think both would be happy staying at the club they are at for another year if a deal cant be done with the one team they are interested in going to. While Mitch seems more open to any trade because he has not nominated a club and has only stated he wants to move to Melbourne and therefore seems more likely to be traded this off season. You might want to try reading the post you are being critical of next time.

Carlton: Future 1st —> Shiel, Setterfield: GWS

If PP <8
24, 25 —> MM: Crows
If 12>PP>8
PP, Future 3rd —> MM, Future 2nd
If PP>12
Pp —> MM

Jones —> Future 2nd (Collingwood)
Casboult, Future 2nd —> Future 2nd, Future 3rd (GC)

24, 25, F4 —> 21, F2 (PORT), F3 (PORT)

Leaves us with:
Jones + Casboult —> MM, Setterfield, Shiel

1, 21, 66, 73
F2 (GC), F2(coll), F2 (ADE?), F3 (GC), F3?, F3 (port), F5

Last edited:

If PP <8
27, 26 —> MM: Crows
If 12>PP>8
If PP>12
Pp —> MM

Casboult, Future 3rd —> 38, Future 3rd (GC)
And to think I actually tried to figure out how those trades were linked. Not realising it was summarising Carlton’s entire trade period. Can you do one where PP is pick 19 and then 2?

And to think I actually tried to figure out how those trades were linked. Not realising it was summarising Carlton’s entire trade period. Can you do one where PP is pick 19 and then 2?
I think if the PP is 2 then we will keep it.
19 would be an exchange of futures. Likely 2nd round

If PP <8
24, 25 —> MM: Crows
If 12>PP>8
If PP>12
Pp —> MM

Casboult, Future 2nd —> Future 2nd, Future 3rd (GC)

24, 25, F4 —> 21, F2 (PORT), F3 (PORT)

Leaves us with:
Jones + Casboult —> MM, Setterfield, Shiel

1, 21, 66, 73
F2 (GC), F2(coll), F2 (ADE?), F3 (GC), F3?, F3 (port), F5
Crows pass.

We'll accept 12 and 24. Nothing less.

Thanks for the offer, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is massively tilted in Essendons favour. Crows essentially paying to get rid of Crouch. And your also rating Setterfield way higher than Crouch.
i think the idea would be it could put Adelaide in the box seat for Rankine & Hately (not a bad haul).
Assuming clubs shirk on Rankine in the top 6 with the go home factor in play.
Also, Crouch has missed an entire season and has a long history of injury. His best is worth 8 alone, if not more. But his injury history certainly doesn't help the trading price.

Rates Crouch somewhat higher than what we paid for Devon Smith too.

Certainly a good deal for us, but wouldn't say massively tilted.
Really depends on how keen Adelaide are to rebuild the list with the crop of SA guns this year.

i think the idea would be it could put Adelaide in the box seat for Rankine & Hately (not a bad haul).
Also, Crouch has missed an entire season and has a long history of injury. His best is worth 8 alone, if not more. But his injury history certainly doesn't help the trading price.

Really depends on how keen Adelaide are to rebuild the list with the crop of SA guns this year.
Yeah I wouldn't say massively tilted either. I'd say it's so far out of the realm of being a fair deal that it's just a pisstake. Something more like Pick 8 for Crouch and steak knives sounds more realistic.
Plus Pick 19 for Setterfield would never, ever happen

Sound methodology. I'd love for the bulldogs do get in on that trade too. Say pick 7 & Dahlaus comp for Daniher & pick 30. His Best is worth more than pick 7 but his injuries this year and only averaging a goal a game won't help his trading price either. That way Essendon can get back into the draft and grab one of those guns too.

Adelaide has 7 already which might be enough for Rankine. They could possibly swap Melbourne’s first and the McGovern pick they receive and have a chance at getting Hately. No need to go and give up 1 of our best midfielders

Sound methodology. I'd love for the bulldogs do get in on that trade too. Say pick 7 & Dahlaus comp for Daniher & pick 30. His Best is worth more than pick 7 but his injuries this year and only averaging a goal a game won't help his trading price either. That way Essendon can get back into the draft and grab one of those guns too.

Think you can safely put a line through the Bombers looking to trade Daniher.

It won't happen.

Adelaide has 7 already which might be enough for Rankine. They could possibly swap Melbourne’s first and the McGovern pick they receive and have a chance at getting Hately. No need to go and give up 1 of our best midfielders
i think Rankine would slip to 7.
I can see us grabbing Hately at 8 though. He's exactly what we need.
To your point, i cant see Crouch leaving/being trade. but this being the hypothetical thread, in the universe where you do, 8 and 30 for Crouch and 19 isn't too far off the mark.
Daniher has had one injury plagued season.
Crouch has never played a full season. Last year was the closest he got at 20/25 games.
He also averages closer to 2 goals a game thanks. :)

I just don't get what the Saints are doing. Why bring in Hanners? Even worse why bring in Hanners and let Stevens go? If you are bringing in a senior player like hanners shouldn't you be aiming for finals? Just doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me

I just don't get what the Saints are doing. Why bring in Hanners? Even worse why bring in Hanners and let Stevens go? If you are bringing in a senior player like hanners shouldn't you be aiming for finals? Just doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me
must admit, im baffled too.
Strikes me as a buy where the price is high, but the risk is too.

If it was Hanneberry for a 3rd rounder, fair enough. But he's been well off his best ever since Roughead buried him into the turf in the 2015 GF

I dont think the saints know what they are doing either.

i think Rankine would slip to 7.
I can see us grabbing Hately at 8 though. He's exactly what we need.
To your point, i cant see Crouch leaving/being trade. but this being the hypothetical thread, in the universe where you do, 8 and 30 for Crouch and 19 isn't too far off the mark.

Daniher has had one injury plagued season.
Crouch has never played a full season. Last year was the closest he got at 20/25 games.
He also averages closer to 2 goals a game thanks. :)

What about Crouch for Francis? Could work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back