Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming ladder positions don't change

Pick 1 & Carlton 2019 2nd round to Criws
Sloane & pick 9 to Carlton
Pick 9 to GWS
Patton to Carlton.
We ain't trading Patton. Our list profile is go now and we have no replacement. Players like him take time. He has had form issues but we have to work through them.

Anthony Miles needs a new home. Too good for VFL, needs consistent games to prove himself at the top level. Who opens the bidding?
200.gif

Not a chance of happening but seeing as this is a hypothetical trade thread:

Saints: 2019 1st round pick + Hickey to Pies for Grundy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly thought he was a free agent. Hasn’t Lynch been on an AFL list since 2008? I would take him at the Hawks in a heartbeat. He would allow Gunston to play as a permanent forward.

Been at St Kilda then Adelaide so not 10 years at one club unless they introduce portability into FA.

Not a chance of happening but seeing as this is a hypothetical trade thread:

Saints: 2019 1st round pick + Hickey to Pies for Grundy
So essentially we trade the best ruck in the comp in an era where rucks are genuine match winners for a first rounders, and then on top of that we lose a spot on our list to pay for !@#$ing Hickey's salary?

Anthony Miles needs a new home. Too good for VFL, needs consistent games to prove himself at the top level. Who opens the bidding?

Nobody showed any interest last year, and his currency would have been higher then.

Likely to be delisted...Someone might pick him up with a late/rookie pick to use as depth (effectively what Richmond did last year), but with a strong/deep draft, I wouldn't suggest he holds his breath.

Would the Dogs accept at 4th rounder from Carlton for Webb? (Don't have a 3rd)
Ask your average dogs fan and they'd probably say yes - so many are calling for him to be delisted for some reason. From the clubs perspective though, he is the guy called up every time one of our mids is injured or dropped, so the staff obviously rate him to some extent. I'd think an early third would possibly get it done, and even then I'm not too sure they'd do it. He cost us a 2nd rounder (pick 27) so I doubt a 4th would be enough. What we really need is a 2nd since we don't have one this year, so maybe even something like:

Carlton 2nd rounder + 4th rounder <---> Lukas Webb + Dogs 3rd rounder

Not one trade in particular, just what I think will happen
Lynch FA to Collingwood

Sloane FA to Hawthorn

Both McGoverns stay, Jeremy to resign

Gaff contract offers matched by WC, trade with North. North 1st plus 3rd for Gaff plus 4th
Lycett FA to Geelong

Kelly to WC for GC 2nd that WC got last year (Kelly worth more but done as good will for not matching Lycett bid)

Lloyd to Hawthorn, Moore to Sydney and picks to Collingwood

McVeigh to GC for peanuts

Guthrie And Murdoch to GC for Nichols plus pick exchange

Just some thoughts

Not one trade in particular, just what I think will happen
Lynch FA to Collingwood

Sloane FA to Hawthorn

Both McGoverns stay, Jeremy to resign

Gaff contract offers matched by WC, trade with North. North 1st plus 3rd for Gaff plus 4th

Lycett FA to Geelong

Kelly to WC for GC 2nd that WC got last year (Kelly worth more but done as good will for not matching Lycett bid)

Lloyd to Hawthorn, Moore to Sydney and picks to Collingwood

McVeigh to GC for peanuts

Guthrie And Murdoch to GC for Nichols plus pick exchange

Just some thoughts

Mate thats just being a little to tight to pass... Match Lycett then and keep him .. Kelly is worth much more than his draft value now

Guthrie and Murdoch for another ruck ... cant see that.

Last edited:
Is Kelly seriously leaving the Cats?

Where is this coming from?

It revolves around him not willing to sign an extension which he has been offered / reports that off field his partner who has new borns and a toddler on her hands may want to go back to wa.....

There has been very little evidence on any of this... Kelly may want to hold out to see if he can better offer, perhaps wait for SC to rise and another couple of highly paid to depart... and the partner could easily settle in and be happy.

However sometimes where there is smoke .. there is cod. Only time will tell ..but kelly has been almost an ideal add to our mid group and he is contracted.. it will take a very good offer to make Geelong release its grip. For mine nothing less than a R1 pick as I would be just as happy to have him for two years then deal with it. For others they want it to be mid round R1 pick.

Would the Dogs accept at 4th rounder from Carlton for Webb? (Don't have a 3rd)
Yes, although the Hawks have been interested for a late pick the past few years so we may actually preside over the saddest trade war in AFL trade history.

We have a history of doing 'goodwill' trades on fringe players to get them to a destination of choice.

We have zero midfield depth so should ask the question of him at least, we simply have little to offer with FS pick & three academy kids likely to hoover up our points, considering we don't have a second rounder this year.

Cannot think of a single player on our list we'd be prepared to trade that Richmond would be remotely interested in right now.
By some miracle we may get compo picks for Dahl & Wallis if they leave the club that Richmond might want pre-Academy bidding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back