2018 Trade Hypotheticals (opposition supporters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo could even trade 5 or 6 to either of the SA teams in the hopes of getting two first round picks back.

And then might look at one of the King twins with the pick they keep. And hope to pick up WA draftee Ian Hill, and hope another inside mid is available with the other first round pick. Like WA inside mid Luke Foley or Sandringham inside mid, Liam Stocker.

Freo could even trade 5 or 6 to either of the SA teams in the hopes of getting two first round picks back.

And then might look at one of the King twins with the pick they keep. And hope to pick up WA draftee Ian Hill, and hope another inside mid is available with the other first round pick. Like WA inside mid Luke Foley or Sandringham inside mid, Liam Stocker.

Or they trade one to the Cats for a ready-made midfielder in Tim Kelly...Would make sense if the cats have acquired Dahlhaus

Dockers captain Nathan Fyfe recently said he would love to play alongside Kelly but not at the expense of young talent such as Victorian ruckman Sean Darcy.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/4efa6388e95e74694d13cf713a4157a2

Last edited:

Lions out- pick 4 and 2nd rounder 2019. In- Lachie Neale.
Dockers out- Lachie Neale. In- pick 4 and Lions 2nd rounder 2019.
Dockers in- Crows picks 7 and 14. Crows in- Dockers pick 4(from Lions).
Dockers in- Tim Kelly. Cats in- pick 14(from Crows).

Net result-
Lions- In- Lachie Neale. Out- pick 4 & 2019 2nd rounder.
Dockers- In- pick 7 and Tim Kelly. Out- Lachie Neale.
Cats- In- pick 14. Out- Tim Kelly.
Crows- In- pick 4. Out- picks 7 & 14.

Lions get the inside grunt they need, Dockers get a ready made player and a very good draft selection, Cats get a mid first rounder for a homesick Kelly and the Crows get a shot at Rankine if the mail is a King twin or 2 go early.

Did I make that more complicated than it needed to be? I may have confused myself there. IMO the Dockers win that trade.

Net result-

Lions get the inside grunt they need, Dockers get a ready made player and a very good draft selection, Cats get a mid first rounder for a homesick Kelly and the Crows get a shot at Rankine if the mail is a King twin or 2 go early.

Did I make that more complicated than it needed to be? I may have confused myself there. IMO the Dockers win that trade.

No chance in hell that Adelaide trade picks 7 & 14 (2805 points) for pick 4 (2034 points).

They would have their eyes on Gold Coast's pick 2 (2517 points) if they were to give up picks 7 & 14.

No chance in hell that Adelaide trade picks 7 & 14 (2805 points) for pick 4 (2034 points).

They would have their eyes on Gold Coast's pick 2 (2517 points) if they were to give up picks 7 & 14.
Yep, they were the ones I thought were losing, maybe the Dockers could send our 2019 2nd rounder to the Crows as well.

Net result-

Looks pretty good but even though Crows will definitely want to jump into that Rankine range but I still think they'd want something else coming back in that deal. 14/15 a fair bit to give up for that jump, though I suppose it depends just how keen they are to get a local gun.

Yep, they were the ones I thought were losing, maybe the Dockers could send our 2019 to the Crows as well.

Yeah they'd need a sweetener. Although, I reckon if Adelaide are to give up picks 7 & 14 they will want a pick right up the top (to get Lukosius). If Adelaide still hold those picks (7 & 14) on draft night and Walsh goes number 1, I wouldn't be surprised to see the first live draft trade go through. Especially if Suns land compensation for Lynch as expected.

Would leave the Suns with picks 3, 8, 15, and 18 (although potentially get pushed back further if bids to Blakey, Thomas or Quaynor eventuate)

Crows do that and they pick Lukosius. Carlton take Walsh at one. This is good for us if we don’t get Neale increases our chance of Bailey Smith.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The word out west is your next two first rounders and Starcevich.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pja.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but a late first round is basically a second and with you guys finishing top 4 next year it's more like a first round and two second rounders.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
But still first round , yeah?
Has anyone ever been traded out for 2 first round picks and a player drafted in the first round.

Last edited:
I’ll indulge you for a sec.

Word from where?

Not from your club, as there’s only been the one statement from Freo.
Word is from their supporters. We can do it too. Word out east is Neale and Brayshaw for Paparone. Doesn't mean it is happening. Honestly, l think it will be our 1st and 2nd rounder for Neale with maybe some swap of next years later picks somewhere.

Sounding more and more like Neale walks at the end of next year anyway, best Freo will get in compo from that is 1 PP, maybe after their first if the contract is big enough. Seriously, our first round this year plus anything else, no matter how small, is more. He might be contracted, but if Freo want to keep him an extra year they will lose value. He is a good player, but he ain't no Dayne Beams or Chris Judd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back