2018 Trade Hypotheticals (opposition supporters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

So exciting waiting for the first stupid mega-trade proposal of the season.

The brothers to the lions for beams to Magpies - player to Adelaide from Magpies and pick 4 and paps to west coast lol... you asked for stupid!

Maybe we could do a multi player trade eg. Giants>Carlton.

All solid Lions citizens and OOC this year-

Lions out, Blues in- Tom Bell, Rohan Bewick, Marco Paparone, Liam Dawson.
Blues out, Lions in- Patrick Cripps.

Looks like it's that time of year again.
I need the opposite of this gif:

usMNku8FlDnZ.gif

I need the opposite of this gif:

usMNku8FlDnZ.gif

I think we need to do right by Beams, and if he asks for a trade then we should take unders. Something like

Out: Dayne Beams, 2019 Second Rounder
in: Pies first, Stephenson, 2019 Third rounder.

Maybe we could do a multi player trade eg. Giants>Carlton.

All solid Lions citizens and OOC this year-

Lions out, Blues in- Tom Bell, Rohan Bewick, Marco Paparone, Liam Dawson.
Blues out, Lions in- Patrick Cripps.

I think we should be generous and even add in Frost to that. 5 players for 1? Carlton would take it in a second surely

We end up with pick 2.

Trade our 2019 first round pick to Carlton for it's Pick 1 and 2019 first round picks.

We then trade Carlton's 2019 first round pick to St Kilda for Pick 3 and its 2019 first round pick.

We then trade St Kilda's 2019 first round pick to Gold Coast for picks 4 and 5, and a couple of a second rounders.

Trade those second rounders back to Carlton for our original 2019 first round pick.

Surely that's a win-win?

And here it is!
We end up with pick 2.

Trade our 2019 first round pick to Carlton for it's Pick 1 and 2019 first round picks.

We then trade Carlton's 2019 first round pick to St Kilda for Pick 3 and its 2019 first round pick.

We then trade St Kilda's 2019 first round pick to Gold Coast for picks 4 and 5, and a couple of a second rounders.

Trade those second rounders back to Carlton for our original 2019 first round pick.

Surely that's a win-win?
Well done Spotty you exceeded all expectations.

And here it is!

Well done Spotty you exceeded all expectations.
Come on mate. I just engineered the perfect plan to get us picks 1, 3, 4, and 5 in the current year's draft with absolutely zero cost! Seems a no-brainer to me (pun intended).

Edit: Wasn't actually a mega-trade either. It was a sequence of single-trades. Surely it has to be at least 3 clubs and 2 players to be considered a mega-trade. Maybe it was a mega-awesome trade, but that's about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mayes and our first (if it's pick 2) for Crows pick 8 + 9? Maybe some later picks swapped aswell. Another one would be our '18 first and our '19 second for Crows picks ~8+9.

This all hinges on us catching wind of the blues taking Walsh..

Come on mate. I just engineered the perfect plan to get us picks 1, 3, 4, and 5 in the current year's draft with absolutely zero cost! Seems a no-brainer to me (pun intended).

Edit: Wasn't actually a mega-trade either. It was a sequence of single-trades. Surely it has to be at least 3 clubs and 2 players to be considered a mega-trade. Maybe it was a mega-awesome trade, but that's about it.
Ahhh!
Maybe it wasn’t the mega part that I was touching on?

Mayes and our first (if it's pick 2) for Crows pick 8 + 9? Maybe some later picks swapped aswell. Another one would be our '18 first and our '19 second for Crows picks ~8+9.

This all hinges on us catching wind of the blues taking Walsh..
Sloan re-signed. Crows aren’t getting a compo pick.

Not a Lions trade...

Listening to AFL exchange while I cook dinner, and I swear that Angus Brayshaw left the door open for a move (while repeatedly stating he loves being at Melbourne) while Twomey was grilling him about still being unsigned.

And for some reason this just clicked for me. Who is one young potential star that remains unsigned and might, just might agree to a move to the Gold Coast?

Melbourne make a play for Tom Lynch, do a deal with Gold Coast that sees Gold match the contract and Melbourne put Angus Brayshaw on the table, plus their 2019 first round pick (Adelaide owns Melbourne's 2018 first round pick), plus maybe something else.

Gold Coast get that big bodied mid in the right age group that their midfield needs, plus they can still draft a tall or another mid with their first pick, still have West Coasts 2018 first round pick and now Melbourne's 2019 first round pick to add to their own, what we all imagine will be another early 2019 draft pick.

The risk of course is would Brayshaw move north. He does have his older brother up he, albeit in Brisbane. And will Gold Coast gamble on a mid who has had some serious concussion history.

Not a Lions trade...

Listening to AFL exchange while I cook dinner, and I swear that Angus Brayshaw left the door open for a move (while repeatedly stating he loves being at Melbourne) while Twomey was grilling him about still being unsigned.

And for some reason this just clicked for me. Who is one young potential star that remains unsigned and might, just might agree to a move to the Gold Coast?

Melbourne make a play for Tom Lynch, do a deal with Gold Coast that sees Gold match the contract and Melbourne put Angus Brayshaw on the table, plus their 2019 first round pick (Adelaide owns Melbourne's 2018 first round pick), plus maybe something else.

Gold Coast get that big bodied mid in the right age group that their midfield needs, plus they can still draft a tall or another mid with their first pick, still have West Coasts 2018 first round pick and now Melbourne's 2019 first round pick to add to their own, what we all imagine will be another early 2019 draft pick.

The risk of course is would Brayshaw move north. He does have his older brother up he, albeit in Brisbane. And will Gold Coast gamble on a mid who has had some serious concussion history.

Could Melbourne afford Lynch's salary and could he fit in a forward line with McDonald and Hogan

Could Melbourne afford Lynch's salary and could he fit in a forward line with McDonald and Hogan
I wouldn't think so. But there is always "talk" of Hogan going home one day, maybe the D's can trade him back to a WA team (Freo would be desperate) and come out well ahead.

I wouldn't think so. But there is always "talk" of Hogan going home one day, maybe the D's can trade him back to a WA team (Freo would be desperate) and come out well ahead.
Maybe Hogan for freos first this year and next. Melbourne trade fries this year and their next year first rounders with brayshaw for lynch and a second rounder

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back