Live Event 2018 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
Figured I'd make a new thread for all things trade week as all the news is getting spread in all the threads and it's getting confusing. (obviously new players and huge news can get their own threads).

I'm surprised how much action has happened so far. I'm so used to it being 9 days of trade speculation and like 1 day of actual trades.

Mar 11, 2008
Midwest/Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Mighty East Freo Sharks
Noble on Neale:
"Amicable discussions. We waned to know where they were coming from. We have homework to do with therm. We’ll have constant meetings and catch-ups"

Wonder what the homework is.......

Maybe they must take Sutty, Apeness and Jones as steak knives.......

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Noble on Neale:
"Amicable discussions. We waned to know where they were coming from. We have homework to do with therm. We’ll have constant meetings and catch-ups"

Wonder what the homework is.......

Maybe they must take Sutty, Apeness and Jones as steak knives.......
Could be;
  • chats with the likes of Starcevich and Rich.
  • getting clear about what WB want from them for Adams.
  • sacking whoever confirmed Lincoln before they had got the Neale deal sealed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
If all goes as it looks like it's going we add talent to our forward line (Hogan, Lobb) and lose talent in our midfield (Neale).

Hopefully we should retain either pick 5 or 6 for this year's draft.

Do we look to further increase the talent in our forward line (Rankine) or set up our future midfield (B Smith)?

If we get Smith our future midfield has 3 top five picks in it (Brayshaw - All rounder, Cerra - Class, Smith - Explosive)

+ Fyfe, Blakely, Conca, Tucker, Hill x2, Langdon)

Get Rankine.... and our future forwardline looks good and is almost complete.

Walters - Hogan - xxxxx
Rankine - Cox - Lobb

Thoughts?

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
If all goes as it looks like it's going we add talent to our forward line (Hogan, Lobb) and lose talent in our midfield (Neale).

Do we look to further increase the talent in our forward line (Rankine) or set up our future midfield (B Smith)?

If we get Smith our future midfield has 3 top five picks in it (Brayshaw - All rounder, Cerra - Class, Smith - Explosive)

Walters - Hogan - xxxxx
Rankine - Cox - Lobb

Thoughts?
My preferred is that in the shake down we end up with 2 x later first round picks that get us any two of Hately, Clark and Hill. I realise that means forgoing elite talent, but those three all hit weak areas for us, and I expect them to be very good players, and also low risk selections.

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why do want the guy with fork lift arms? We won that trade battle years ago. We want players with reach.

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
We give Neale for pick 5 and 23.

We get Lobb and pick 14 for pick 6.

Walters - Hogan - xxxxx
Rankine - Cox - Lobb

Thoughts?

Would get myself happy with that either way!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back