Training 2018 Training Reports - Now with prizes!

Remove this Banner Ad

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is it still pre-season or is there a training thread now? As it’s the first week of the season.

Anyway here at training. Parked in from of the king eagle loving bastard himself. Will be interesting to see if he stays longer than the warm up. Doubtful.

Mod Edit:
Good news! I can confirm, the best training watcher of the year, as voted by you, the people, will get 1 years platinum Big Footy membership! To see all the perks that come with it, have a look here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades

And we'll be sorting out badges for those that want them if they're contributing to the thread! Watch this space for how awesome they're going to look.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brad hill moving well - cheeky as usual. White shorts look today.

Hilly doing a pretty basic fitness test / run throughs. He moves so bloody well.

Big Sean moving well - fitness from here for him. Very competitive guy.

Cam has such a nice kick on him.

Can’t see much wrong with Banfields kicking. Smooth - hits targets.

Last edited:
Brad hill moving well - cheeky as usual. White shorts look today.

Hilly doing a pretty basic fitness test / run throughs. He moves so bloody well.

Big Sean moving well - fitness from here for him. Very competitive guy.

Cam has such a nice kick on him.

Can’t see much wrong with Banfields kicking. Smooth - hits targets.

Excellent job, keep them coming. Might as well know the likely team from you than wait until 4:25. Not that I am expecting many/any surprises.

Watching sandi kick, all I keep thinking is why the hell does he handball so much.

Walters out late. But in everything.

Ross out now watching over everything. Having a chat with Cox briefly.

Our group of bigs is bloody huge! Johnson has some fairly heavy strapping on his thigh. Watching Darcy and Sandi paired up is encouraging. Another year or two of that would be invaluable.

Watching sandi kick, all I keep thinking is why the hell does he handball so much.

Walters out late. But in everything.

Ross out now watching over everything. Having a chat with Cox briefly.

Our group of bigs is bloody huge! Johnson has some fairly heavy strapping on his thigh. Watching Darcy and Sandi paired up is encouraging. Another year or two of that would be invaluable.
Johnson hasn’t kicked with his right foot yet. Everything left. Running(waddling) well tho

I've thought that for years. Part of it is probably his size, it's not that he's a poor kick but that it takes a while for him to lumber back, assess his options, and kick over the mark. Ross has also said that Sandi's one of the most coachable players he's ever had so if the instruction is to look for the handball first that's what he's going to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't leave us hangin' like that!!!

Work got in the way - apologies.

RTB just happened to walk towards the goals to pick up a footy that was lodged in the bottom of the net. I said something like 'Good luck on the weekend coach' and it went from there.

He asked who my favourite players were - Sandi and Stephen Hill - told him they were underrated - we chatted about that. He asked who I thought was going well at Peel - Cerra and Crowden - Crowden he lit up at and said something like 'he's going really well, should be coming in, in the next few'
Told him My Dad loves him - he said 'really, there are a fair few jumping off' which led to a conversation about perspective, what I do and a few laughs. He is very impressive in person.

RTB just happened to walk towards the goals to pick up a footy that was lodged in the bottom of the net. I said something like 'Good luck on the weekend coach' and it went from there.

He asked who my favourite players were - Sandi and Stephen Hill - told him they were underrated - we chatted about that. He asked who I thought was going well at Peel - Cerra and Crowden - Crowden he lit up at and said something like 'he's going really well, should be coming in, in the next few'
Told him My Dad loves him - he said 'really, there are a fair few jumping off' which led to a conversation about perspective, what I do and a few laughs. He is very impressive in person.
i think i love you :D:p

Watched the whole session.
B Hill looked fine and should play.
S Hill did his own thing to the side. He managed to do some sprints and direction changes without any trouble. I would say he’s pretty close.
I’m going to get in trouble but D Pearce looked good. Who knows what his talk/on field leadership is worth but I think it has to be a positive.
Ape clunked a few big grabs, he does seem a bit slow but I love the way he attacks it.
Tabs has a lot of confidence and I noticed the boys get right around him and offer a heap of encouragement. They must know he is the key.
Walters, Fyfe, Mundy, Sandi and Neale were Walters, Fyfe, Mundy, Sandi and Neale.
The match sim was very crowded and forced players to execute under immense pressure in traffic.
Ryan and Wilson hit a few targets 125metres away. Very excited about the way they split and offer two avenues out of Defence.
I like the look of Dixon, he has a booming kick.
As mentioned earlier, Johnno didn’t use his preferred leg once and carried bandaging on his right thigh.
I saw Ross have an animated chat with a watcher. Look forward to what posh has to say about this.

Hmm interesting, Cerra no reaction?

S Hill did his own thing to the side. He managed to do some sprints and direction changes without any trouble. I would say he’s pretty close.
I’m going to get in trouble but D Pearce looked good. Who knows what his talk/on field leadership is worth but I think it has to be a positive.
Ape clunked a few big grabs, he does seem a bit slow but I love the way he attacks it.
Tabs has a lot of confidence and I noticed the boys get right around him and offer a heap of encouragement. They must know he is the key.
Walters, Fyfe, Mundy, Sandi and Neale were Walters, Fyfe, Mundy, Sandi and Neale.
The match sim was very crowded and forced players to execute under immense pressure in traffic.
Ryan and Wilson hit a few targets 125metres away. Very excited about the way they split and offer two avenues out of Defence.
As mentioned earlier, Johnno didn’t use his preferred leg once and carried bandaging on his right thigh.
I saw Ross have an animated chat with a watcher. Look forward to what posh has to say about this.

I thought Danyle was in Radelaide ??
Are you sure it was Danyle ??

Was the best 22-26 obvious from the Peel scratchies?

That's very cool. Great news on Crowden. This 2017 draft could be the one that does it for us. Just about every single pick looking like a hit already: Brayshaw, Banfield, Cerra, Crowden, North are all going very well. If Dixon and/or Meek makes it as well it could end up being one of our best drafts ever.

I would honestly be surprised if Stephen Hill is not at least named in the squad. He looked fine during the warm up and then he was moving really well during his fitness test. I guess him playing or not probably comes down to how he pulls up tomorrow and if the club want to risk it.

I thought Danyle was in Radelaide ??
Are you sure it was Danyle ??

So did I so imagine my surprise when I saw him at training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back